Cancer Cells Cannot Survive In an Alkaline Environment

Jamstart

Hope this will pass on to any cancer patients. True or not, no harm trying since it is better to believe it than nothing.

Alkaline Diet for Cancer: Cancer Cells Cannot Survive In an Alkaline Environment

Maintaining a diet that promotes an alkaline pH within the body is good protection against cancer. When a person eats this kind of diet, the natural pH balance will lean more towards the alkaline side of the scale, instead of the acid level of the scale.

Unfortunately, all too often a person

↡ Advertisement

seems rather nifty as an idea but the problem is, there are buffer systems present in the body. i am pretty sure that any attempt to tilt the pH towards the alkaline side will be buffered so as to speak.

seems rather nifty as an idea but the problem is, there are buffer systems present in the body. i am pretty sure that any attempt to tilt the pH towards the alkaline side will be buffered so as to speak.

No wonder Duracells never gets cancer... :mellow:

Have 2 relatives were a cancer victims before and they have since been taking alkaline food. For 5 years, no relaspe. I believe it does help.

With all due respect, you cannot put "no harm trying" with medical advice in one sentence.

"Studies have shown" but I dont see any actual studies cited. I only have a little bit of Chemistry background, but I know we rely on stomach acids to kill bacteria, and alkaline food will weaken the stomach acid and you will have a food poisoning problem.

I welcome a doctor or nutritionist to come in and prove me wrong, but I think the foods mentioned makes little to no change to the body pH. I'll burn my chemistry textbooks if anybody can demonstrate how acidic food like lemon juice can turn alkaline "when oxidised".

Now I am not saying it doesnt work, but if it does, it is more likely a placebo effect or something more complicated than changing pH. The reason why cancer is so hard to cure is simply because cancer cells are indistinguishable from healthy cells, except they keep reproducing.

I'll leave you with the wikipedia entry with actual studies refuting the assertion cited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_diet

A selectively alkaline diet has not been shown to elicit a sustained change in blood pH levels, nor to provide the clinical benefits alleged by its proponents. Because of the body's natural regulatory mechanisms, eating an alkaline diet can, at most, change the blood pH minimally and transiently. In addition, the mechanisms by which an alkaline diet would produce the alleged benefits are vague, unknown, or nonfactual.[2]

Recent systematic reviews of the published medical literature have found no indication that an alkaline diet can prevent osteoporosis, nor that such diets produce any beneficial effect on bone health whatsoever.[3][4][5] As a result, alkaline diets are not widely accepted by the mainstream medical or scientific communities, and their promotion is sometimes described as pseudoscience.[6] Alkaline diets are described as "nonsense" by the alternative-medicine watchdog site Quackwatch.[7]

Edited by Jim

Whether changing the PH balance works to prevent or cure Cancer is one argument.

There must be some positive effect from the regular consumption of alkaline products.

Why else would vinegar drinks be so popular in countries like Taiwan & Japan?

i don't know about alkaline environment and the body. But whatever the reason, i personally think it makes a whole lot of sense to eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables.

i don't know about alkaline environment and the body. But whatever the reason, i personally think it makes a whole lot of sense to eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables.

I agree with u. [thumbsup]

with one sentence, u've already hit on the crux why it's even stupid to talk about alkaline foods n acidic foods based on their definition [laugh]

This is what they are saying... Akaline Diet.

Well, there is no right or wrong, truth or false. If you cannot see the lights in a tunnel, you still have to continue walking and can't be walking backward. "There is no harm trying" to move forward to see the lights at the end of the tunnel. Right? [:p]

Well, there is no right or wrong, truth or false. If you cannot see the lights in a tunnel, you still have to continue walking and can't be walking backward. "There is no harm trying" to move forward to see the lights at the end of the tunnel. Right? [:p]

Wrong. Because those lights could be an oncoming train.

Poor metaphors aside, please don't give misleading pseudoscientific medical advice over the Internet. Or at least have the grace and good sense to concede that you may be out of your depth when others cite good sources debunking it. Like this one: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...DSH/coral2.html

BTW, there ARE dangers to giving unfounded medical advice like this. For instance, people may be duped into spending their hard-earned money on snake oil "panaceas". Even worse, sufferers of dread diseases like cancer may grasp at straws to the point where they disregard the rational advice of their physicians in favour of this sort of quackery. So please don't do it.

Edited by Turboflat4

Wrong. Because those lights could be an oncoming train.

Poor metaphors aside, please don't give misleading pseudoscientific medical advice over the Internet. Or at least have the grace and good sense to concede that you may be out of your depth when others cite good sources debunking it. Like this one: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...DSH/coral2.html

BTW, there ARE dangers to giving unfounded medical advice like this. For instance, people may be duped into spending their hard-earned money on snake oil "panaceas". Even worse, sufferers of dread diseases like cancer may grasp at straws to the point where they disregard the rational advice of their physicians in favour of this sort of quackery. So please don't do it.

Haha, I am not giving any misleading pseudoscientific medical advice, I am just sharing. If you are in the critical stage of cancer and you still think that chemo or radiotherapy can do the cure, then be it. If there is any other "hopes" of surviving, I will try all means. It is up to individual to believe. As said earlier, 2 relatives of mine have shown good sign and no relapse. I am just sharing the cause and effect. [:)]

Correlation != causation.

Since you are going academic, i might as well add this in.

What you cannot prove, you cannot deem the premise to be false. That is because, in order for the latter to be categorically valid without doubt, you will have to disprove it.

cannot be proven =/= disproving something

Science is the discipline of enquiry. Nothing is technically impossible till proven otherwise.

Food for your thought.

Edited by Happily1986
↡ Advertisement