• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
150 replies to this topic | 75 praises

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Corny02
  • Corny02
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, any review on Yamaha piano U1?? need some feedback..thank

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

A5SB
  • Premium member
    A5SB
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, any review on Yamaha piano U1?? need some feedback..thank

All Yamaha musical instruments, especially piano are excellent. My sister had the UE1 for years, not sure if U1 is the replacement though. Quality is top notch as always.

But then again, I always thought Yamaha instruments are a bit too clinically perfect. However my area of "expertise" is in saxophones... just come in to BS a bit... hope you don't mind...

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Kelvinlev
  • Kelvinlev
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Bought on for my daughter, though I have no idea how to play one, but reviews from piano teachers recommended this. One thing to take note will be the heater inside, I need to constantly power up the heater via power supply to prevent condensation inside the piano, and if the wooden parts inside get damp, it might require repair or replacement. Correct me if I'm wrong thought.............but the U1 is beautiful, of course with its beautiful notes as well...

Edited by Kelvinlev, 19 April 2012 - 08:26 PM.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Corny02
  • Corny02
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thank you...so how long can the U1 last till?? hear that the price going to adjust...

But U1 very ex...

All Yamaha musical instruments, especially piano are excellent. My sister had the UE1 for years, not sure if U1 is the replacement though. Quality is top notch as always.

But then again, I always thought Yamaha instruments are a bit too clinically perfect. However my area of "expertise" is in saxophones... just come in to BS a bit... hope you don't mind...

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Corny02
  • Corny02
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Bought on for my daughter, though I have no idea how to play on, but reviews from piano teachers recommended this. One thing to take note will be the heater inside, I need to constantly power up the heater via power supply to prevent condensation inside the piano, and if the wooden parts inside get damp, it might require repair or replacement. Correct me if I'm wrong thought.............but the U1 is beautiful, of course with its beautiful notes as well...

U mean the heater need to be on 24hrs??? How old is ur daughter?? what the price of ur piano???

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I bought a 2nd hand U3 last year. It had been fully re-con in Japan.
I was told by the shop the heater need to be always On.

Edited by Tohto, 19 April 2012 - 08:31 PM.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Kelvinlev
  • Kelvinlev
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

yes, always on.....and must on, like advised. My girl is 9 yrs old......bought a used one, almost 6k (3 years back). Wanted to get a brand new, though that time Yamaha had some promotion, think brand new about 11-12k plus, but suddenly my girl's piano teacher happen to source a customer who is letting go his U1, so quite a good deal though.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U mean the heater need to be on 24hrs??? How old is ur daughter?? what the price of ur piano???

U1 is one of the best standing piano from Yamaha. It's exam grade so that will last your children until they graduate. The heater must be on 24/7 if you want to maintain it.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Corny02
  • Corny02
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

yes, always on.....and must on, like advised. My girl is 9 yrs old......bought a used one, almost 6k (3 years back). Wanted to get a brand new, though that time Yamaha had some promotion, think brand new about 11-12k plus, but suddenly my girl's piano teacher happen to source a customer who is letting go his U1, so quite a good deal though.

Ohh...6k..how old is the piano when u bought it??? Currenty, Yamaha having promotion selling at 8800 for U1...Btw ..my gal is only 6...heeeheee

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Corny02
  • Corny02
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

U1 is one of the best standing piano from Yamaha. It's exam grade so that will last your children until they graduate. The heater must be on 24/7 if you want to maintain it.

Ohh..like that will the piano Jia Dian bo???hehehee

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not really. The heater is small and is only used inside the small space inside piano. It's good to invest in a good piano. No point buying a beginner's piano and then change. A good one retains its value so you get better resale value if maintained properly.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Estrangable
  • Estrangable
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Ohh...6k..how old is the piano when u bought it??? Currenty, Yamaha having promotion selling at 8800 for U1...Btw ..my gal is only 6...heeeheee

8800 shd be U1-J ... made in indonesia. u have to double confirm before buying. the standard U1 shd be more expensive than this. If you got more cash to spare, you can try getting the upright grand from yahama

also, why not consider a kawai piano? yahama is known for the the very bright tone and as time goes by it will get even sharper....

kawai on the other hand is more subtle and warm sounding.
----------------------------------------------------------

"Hatred isn't something you're born with. It gets taught. At school, they said segregation is what's said in the bible... Genesis 9, Verse 27. At 7 years of age, you get told it enough times, you believe it. You believe the hatred. You live it... you breathe it. You marry it."
Mississippi Burning, 1988

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

new U1 is no longer made in Japan but in Indonesia.

Old U1 may be recon and no longer original parts.

Agree with above poster, U1 low keys doesn't sound mellow. the tone is brighter.

Buyer beware.

Edited by Enye, 19 April 2012 - 09:59 PM.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Estrangable
  • Estrangable
    5th Gear
    Author Image

no choice, it's part and parcel of buying a piano ... else u can consider getting a digital piano...of cos the touch of the key is very different.

for larger pianos, one heater is not even sufficient to prevent the inside from getting damp....i have to install two - 1 on the top and the other on the bottom to prevent the inside from getting mouldy...
----------------------------------------------------------

"Hatred isn't something you're born with. It gets taught. At school, they said segregation is what's said in the bible... Genesis 9, Verse 27. At 7 years of age, you get told it enough times, you believe it. You believe the hatred. You live it... you breathe it. You marry it."
Mississippi Burning, 1988

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Corny02
  • Corny02
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

hhmm...i ask liao...the price they quote me is U1 not U1J. U1 price about 8800 and U1J 6k plus.....think og hailun, but too many ppl said no good....i ask my fren to compare yamaha, Kawai and Hailun......SHe graded 1. yamaha, 2.Hailun den 3.Kawai..( no offence for Kawai User) just her point of view...
of course she told me if got budget get the German one....

8800 shd be U1-J ... made in indonesia. u have to double confirm before buying. the standard U1 shd be more expensive than this. If you got more cash to spare, you can try getting the upright grand from yahama

also, why not consider a kawai piano? yahama is known for the the very bright tone and as time goes by it will get even sharper....

kawai on the other hand is more subtle and warm sounding.
[/quote]

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Timon
  • Timon
    1st Gear
    Author Image

It is true that you may have to install 2 heaters to maintain the piano condition.
I have placed 2 units for my 2nd hand U5 and 24/7.
Once, last december, switch off the heater for a week during holiday, the sound was damped at the low keys after returning. However, it recovered after switched back the power.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Corny02
  • Corny02
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

It is true that you may have to install 2 heaters to maintain the piano condition.
I have placed 2 units for my 2nd hand U5 and 24/7.
Once, last december, switch off the heater for a week during holiday, the sound was damped at the low keys after returning. However, it recovered after switched back the power.

oohh...does the piano come with the heater?? or i need to get the heater.??? or U1 need two heater??thank

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Timon
  • Timon
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The second heater was installed by the technician during my 2nd tuning session. My 2nd hand piano comes with 1 unit. I am unable to advise if your new U1 piano comes with the heater.
The technician claimed that my room (non aircon and no direct sunlight) is humid and recommended to install the 2nd heater.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think mine is the older version of the U1 coz I had it for 15 years. That time buy cost around 6+k. Actually I know very little about my own instrument but the good thing about it is that it does not require constant tuning. The sound it produce is crisp & sharp. I use a lot of bull strength when playing but still the strings won't easily go out of tune. I used the android app to check also.

Before that I was using a German brand(I think) exam model called Steiner. Dunno much about it coz I was still very young when using it. biggrin.gif Sounds good I guess. Nowadays I spend less & less time with my piano after becoming a father, after work also I find it difficult to focus.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I think mine is the older version of the U1 coz I had it for 15 years. That time buy cost around 6+k. Actually I know very little about my own instrument but the good thing about it is that it does not require constant tuning. The sound it produce is crisp & sharp. I use a lot of bull strength when playing but still the strings won't easily go out of tune. I used the android app to check also.

Before that I was using a German brand(I think) exam model called Steiner. Dunno much about it coz I was still very young when using it. biggrin.gif Sounds good I guess. Nowadays I spend less & less time with my piano after becoming a father, after work also I find it difficult to focus.

Only take 20min a day, stop surfing mcf dry.gif dry.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Yamaha, Piano

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)