Yamaha Piano

Corny02

Hi, any review on Yamaha piano U1?? need some feedback..thank

All Yamaha musical instruments, especially piano are excellent. My sister had the UE1 for years, not sure if U1 is the replacement though. Quality is top notch as always.

But then again, I always thought Yamaha instruments are a bit too clinically perfect. However my area of "expertise" is in saxophones... just come in to BS a bit... hope you don't mind...

Neutral Newbie

Bought on for my daughter, though I have no idea how to play one, but reviews from piano teachers recommended this. One thing to take note will be the heater inside, I need to constantly power up the heater via power supply to prevent condensation inside the piano, and if the wooden parts inside get damp, it might require repair or replacement. Correct me if I'm wrong thought.............but the U1 is beautiful, of course with its beautiful notes as well...

Edited by Kelvinlev

Neutral Newbie

Thank you...so how long can the U1 last till?? hear that the price going to adjust...

But U1 very ex...

All Yamaha musical instruments, especially piano are excellent. My sister had the UE1 for years, not sure if U1 is the replacement though. Quality is top notch as always.

But then again, I always thought Yamaha instruments are a bit too clinically perfect. However my area of "expertise" is in saxophones... just come in to BS a bit... hope you don't mind...

Neutral Newbie

Bought on for my daughter, though I have no idea how to play on, but reviews from piano teachers recommended this. One thing to take note will be the heater inside, I need to constantly power up the heater via power supply to prevent condensation inside the piano, and if the wooden parts inside get damp, it might require repair or replacement. Correct me if I'm wrong thought.............but the U1 is beautiful, of course with its beautiful notes as well...

U mean the heater need to be on 24hrs??? How old is ur daughter?? what the price of ur piano???

I bought a 2nd hand U3 last year. It had been fully re-con in Japan.

I was told by the shop the heater need to be always On.

Edited by Tohto

Neutral Newbie

yes, always on.....and must on, like advised. My girl is 9 yrs old......bought a used one, almost 6k (3 years back). Wanted to get a brand new, though that time Yamaha had some promotion, think brand new about 11-12k plus, but suddenly my girl's piano teacher happen to source a customer who is letting go his U1, so quite a good deal though.

Hypersonic

U mean the heater need to be on 24hrs??? How old is ur daughter?? what the price of ur piano???

U1 is one of the best standing piano from Yamaha. It's exam grade so that will last your children until they graduate. The heater must be on 24/7 if you want to maintain it.

Neutral Newbie

yes, always on.....and must on, like advised. My girl is 9 yrs old......bought a used one, almost 6k (3 years back). Wanted to get a brand new, though that time Yamaha had some promotion, think brand new about 11-12k plus, but suddenly my girl's piano teacher happen to source a customer who is letting go his U1, so quite a good deal though.

Ohh...6k..how old is the piano when u bought it??? Currenty, Yamaha having promotion selling at 8800 for U1...Btw ..my gal is only 6...heeeheee

Neutral Newbie

U1 is one of the best standing piano from Yamaha. It's exam grade so that will last your children until they graduate. The heater must be on 24/7 if you want to maintain it.

Ohh..like that will the piano Jia Dian bo???hehehee

Hypersonic

Not really. The heater is small and is only used inside the small space inside piano. It's good to invest in a good piano. No point buying a beginner's piano and then change. A good one retains its value so you get better resale value if maintained properly.

Ohh...6k..how old is the piano when u bought it??? Currenty, Yamaha having promotion selling at 8800 for U1...Btw ..my gal is only 6...heeeheee

8800 shd be U1-J ... made in indonesia. u have to double confirm before buying. the standard U1 shd be more expensive than this. If you got more cash to spare, you can try getting the upright grand from yahama

also, why not consider a kawai piano? yahama is known for the the very bright tone and as time goes by it will get even sharper....

kawai on the other hand is more subtle and warm sounding.

Hypersonic

new U1 is no longer made in Japan but in Indonesia.

Old U1 may be recon and no longer original parts.

Agree with above poster, U1 low keys doesn't sound mellow. the tone is brighter.

Buyer beware.

Edited by Enye

no choice, it's part and parcel of buying a piano ... else u can consider getting a digital piano...of cos the touch of the key is very different.

for larger pianos, one heater is not even sufficient to prevent the inside from getting damp....i have to install two - 1 on the top and the other on the bottom to prevent the inside from getting mouldy...

Neutral Newbie

hhmm...i ask liao...the price they quote me is U1 not U1J. U1 price about 8800 and U1J 6k plus.....think og hailun, but too many ppl said no good....i ask my fren to compare yamaha, Kawai and Hailun......SHe graded 1. yamaha, 2.Hailun den 3.Kawai..( no offence for Kawai User) just her point of view...

of course she told me if got budget get the German one....

8800 shd be U1-J ... made in indonesia. u have to double confirm before buying. the standard U1 shd be more expensive than this. If you got more cash to spare, you can try getting the upright grand from yahama

also, why not consider a kawai piano? yahama is known for the the very bright tone and as time goes by it will get even sharper....

kawai on the other hand is more subtle and warm sounding.

It is true that you may have to install 2 heaters to maintain the piano condition.

I have placed 2 units for my 2nd hand U5 and 24/7.

Once, last december, switch off the heater for a week during holiday, the sound was damped at the low keys after returning. However, it recovered after switched back the power.

Neutral Newbie

It is true that you may have to install 2 heaters to maintain the piano condition.

I have placed 2 units for my 2nd hand U5 and 24/7.

Once, last december, switch off the heater for a week during holiday, the sound was damped at the low keys after returning. However, it recovered after switched back the power.

oohh...does the piano come with the heater?? or i need to get the heater.??? or U1 need two heater??thank

The second heater was installed by the technician during my 2nd tuning session. My 2nd hand piano comes with 1 unit. I am unable to advise if your new U1 piano comes with the heater.

The technician claimed that my room (non aircon and no direct sunlight) is humid and recommended to install the 2nd heater.

↡ Advertisement