Yamaha Piano

Corny02

where to buy this stuff?

Knn, you another one, want me to spoon feed you is it? Go google lah. [laugh]

Last time MCF got one seller. I think he keep shop liow. Go look into the items for sale section.

i dismissed hailun the moment i heard its from china. but oc kept saying her colleague bought and mentioned it was quite value for money. did more research and went down to the dealer, and was sold after listening to it.

entry level hl125 at 3.6k , base is superb, but higher end not as crisp as U1, keys action a bit stiff. then the owner's daughter intro the upright grand H33P, can use upto diploma level and priced at 5.6k.

anyway kid is now only 5, so bought the entry level 125 model, but then what the heck for extra 2k can go for an upright grand, and considering that type of $$$ cannot even get a new U1, what the heck decide to upgrade.

apparently their pianos are selling well, entry level the bugger can sell close to 30 pianos a month.

Supercharged

Didn't know that the same batch of brand new pianos do have difference in tune (may be slight).

This is what my cousin who worked as tunner shared with me. His job is to tune the just shipped in pianos before delivering to the new owners. Even after tunning, there will be one or two with a better tune among the others in the same batch.

But to me, as a music idiot, no difference in sound between different brands.

One thing to note is that if planning to go for exam, don't get those electrical piano as their keyboard resistance is very different from the actual one.

Yamaha pianos do have a better resale value.

Yes, agreed. Not every piano produce the same sound, even if its the same brand and model. I'm not sure why like that...probably its due to how the previous owner used it. But to normal people or those who knows nuts about music (including myself), we can't hear any difference at all. So to pick a good one, best is to bring a friend who can play piano to listen the sound for you. If your friend is a piano teacher, lagi best!

Yes, agreed too that Yamaha has a better resale value and its easier to sell away when don't want. Good for those who don't intend to keep the piano for too long....

Supercharged

i dismissed hailun the moment i heard its from china. but oc kept saying her colleague bought and mentioned it was quite value for money. did more research and went down to the dealer, and was sold after listening to it.

entry level hl125 at 3.6k , base is superb, but higher end not as crisp as U1, keys action a bit stiff. then the owner's daughter intro the upright grand H33P, can use upto diploma level and priced at 5.6k.

anyway kid is now only 5, so bought the entry level 125 model, but then what the heck for extra 2k can go for an upright grand, and considering that type of $$$ cannot even get a new U1, what the heck decide to upgrade.

apparently their pianos are selling well, entry level the bugger can sell close to 30 pianos a month.

Yamaha entry level piano selling $3.3K only....at the fair:

http://sg.yamaha.com/en/news_events/events.../PF2012_pdf.pdf

For the different tune, I'm referring to brand new ones, even they are brand new, they are of different tune between each other.

Best person to go select a second hand piano is to get your piano tunner.

Is like buying a second hand car, get your mechanic to help you to check rather than your driving instructor :D

Turbocharged

Yes, agreed. Not every piano produce the same sound, even if its the same brand and model. I'm not sure why like that...probably its due to how the previous owner used it. But to normal people or those who knows nuts about music (including myself), we can't hear any difference at all. So to pick a good one, best is to bring a friend who can play piano to listen the sound for you. If your friend is a piano teacher, lagi best!

Yes, agreed too that Yamaha has a better resale value and its easier to sell away when don't want. Good for those who don't intend to keep the piano for too long....

only noobs like us can't.. ding is a ding what... [laugh]

but actually my 7yr old kid can tell.. and from the tuning fork, the different notes produced compared to the piano.

Supercharged

Not made in Japan I believe. They did mention made in Indonesia.

Yes, from Indonesia. But the sales lady claimed only assembly work is done in the Yamaha Indonesian factory, whereas parts are all from Japan. The work is fully supervised by Japanese there also.

Supercharged

For the different tune, I'm referring to brand new ones, even they are brand new, they are of different tune between each other.

Yes, I have heard of that before. New ones also diff tune between pianos. Was this done purposely during the manufacturing stage? If so, why leh? I really wonder. [confused]

Yes, from Indonesia. But the sales lady claimed only assembly work is done in the Yamaha Indonesian factory, whereas parts are all from Japan. The work is fully supervised by Japanese there also.

The saleswoman is a liar lah. There are two models, one MIJ and one MII.

Same model, prices difference is so much. The Made in Indonesia is made there,

if parts from Japan, then why have a totally made in Japan for, right or not?

Some of these sales people are farking liars, anything to cheat a customer to gain

their commission.

Yamaha entry level piano selling $3.3K only....at the fair:

http://sg.yamaha.com/en/news_events/events.../PF2012_pdf.pdf

The entry model is more like a spinnet or what the piano technicians called "piano-like objects"....the sound produced is very different from an actual good quality piano. I will suggest you going for a good quality electrical piano from Kawai or Yamaha rather than going for these entry models. The prices are actually pretty close.

Neutral Newbie

The entry model is more like a spinnet or what the piano technicians called "piano-like objects"....the sound produced is very different from an actual good quality piano. I will suggest you going for a good quality electrical piano from Kawai or Yamaha rather than going for these entry models. The prices are actually pretty close.

So U1 can consider entry level?

So U1 can consider entry level?

of cos not! U1 is a trusted and the best selling model of the yahama brand.

I am referring to the entry model of yahama range...i cant rem the exact model but i saw and played it once in plaza singapura....it's a small size piano that cost ard 3 plus nearing to 4.

↡ Advertisement