Yamaha Piano

Corny02

Neutral Newbie

of cos not! U1 is a trusted and the best selling model of the yahama brand.

I am referring to the entry model of yahama range...i cant rem the exact model but i saw and played it once in plaza singapura....it's a small size piano that cost ard 3 plus nearing to 4.

So it ok to get U1 la... If kena 4D this weekend, will the YU model... Heheeee

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

of cos not! U1 is a trusted and the best selling model of the yahama brand.

I am referring to the entry model of yahama range...i cant rem the exact model but i saw and played it once in plaza singapura....it's a small size piano that cost ard 3 plus nearing to 4.

I think u r referring to JU109PE at $3390 (UP $3800). It is not small size but shorter height at 109 cm. Next is the JX113T at $4800 (UP $5500), 113cm. JU109PE also has no wheels below, so if you want to move it, you must carry it up!

Supercharged

So it ok to get U1 la... If kena 4D this weekend, will the YU model... Heheeee

U strike 4D then buy U3 lor....even more superior than U1. I heard even got U5 which is the best one!

Neutral Newbie

U strike 4D then buy U3 lor....even more superior than U1. I heard even got U5 which is the best one!

Haha... I mean tio 4D mean top three price... Haha... Huat ah....

Neutral Newbie

Mine is Asahi bought 7 years ago from cristofori. The tuning fees is $115 for twice a year. [rolleyes]

Not sure how much other charges?

Tot tune one time a year is enoughl...

Neutral Newbie

It is a standard exam piano, made in Japan : IMHO , there is nothing fantastic about Yamaha u1 but it is a piano that u can't go wrong with for learners

Bought on for my daughter, though I have no idea how to play one, but reviews from piano teachers recommended this. One thing to take note will be the heater inside, I need to constantly power up the heater via power supply to prevent condensation inside the piano, and if the wooden parts inside get damp, it might require repair or replacement. Correct me if I'm wrong thought.............but the U1 is beautiful, of course with its beautiful notes as well...

wat is the damage for the said piano?

strike 4D first prize must go for K.Kawai or S.Kawai Grand piano! Must aim higher!

I havent have a chance to see a U5 in the showroom .... but i guess it should be similar to YUS5 or a kawai K8

Guys, are you sure about the tuning being twice a year and not every 3 months? I'm going to ask my son about this.

Actually i very surprised that you are gg for tuning every 3 months....most people go for either every 6 months or once a year. Even if your son play the piano very often, it still doesnt warrant a 3 months tuning schedule....unless he play like lang lang who just "BANG BANG" onto the piano

Neutral Newbie

If play frequently need every 6 month to tune. if not once a year will do.

haha... car forum become piano forum. :D

Surprise that many are interested in piano in this forum.

This show ppl here know more than beside car [:p]

That is the middle pedal but it actually affects the sound that is produced. Instead of the hammer hitting onto the string, it is actually hitting onto on a piece of cloth

and whats the 3rd pedal for?

1 is sustain

2 is damper

3 is ????

Guys, are you sure about the tuning being twice a year and not every 3 months? I'm going to ask my son about this.

If you're anal like me, you'll end up spending a tonne of money on tuning. I can't stand it when it's even a little out of tune.

When I was growing up, the thing I hated about practicing was the out of tune-ness. Of course my parents didn't tune the piano once a week like I requested. Sometimes, I will even tell the piano tuner his tuning is not accurate. But seeing I was a kid, he always looked at me as if I was trying to be funny and showed me the meter. I would then play 5ths around the out of tune note and asked him to listen to the resonance, but he couldn't hear it. Painful.

A lot of piano tuners tune visually using a digital tuner, but the masters will use their ears in combination.

Edited by Chickenbackside

and whats the 3rd pedal for?

1 is sustain

2 is damper

3 is ????

3 is for shifting the hammers slightly to the side so that they hit 2 strings instead of 3. Softer volume and a mellower tone.

3 is for shifting the hammers slightly to the side so that they hit 2 strings instead of 3. Softer volume and a mellower tone.

isnt that the job of the damper?

ps i dont play piano.

i play organ.(not yamaha electone)

isnt that the job of the damper?

ps i dont play piano.

i play organ.(not yamaha electone)

The damper lowers a piece of felt cloth in between the hammers and strings. Different mechanism. Totally destroys the feel and tone of the piano. But good for practicing with full strength with very little volume.

Edited by Chickenbackside
↡ Advertisement