OSIM, OTO or OGAWA massage chairs?

Babyt

Turbocharged

reviving the thread as i may purchase a latest offering from ogawa at 4k. And its those that massage from toes to fingers and neck.

feedback please with regards to service, durability ..... :=B:

Most of them are not really confident of their product with a one year warranty. Some might offer extended warranty at extra cost which imo is as good as telling me to go make sweet love to myself.

Take a look at Panasonic or other Japanese brands. I got a Panasonic and have not regretted.

Got mine at Best Denki, Vivo. Good place to visit as they house 3-4 brands. Can test massage and compare.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Most of them are not really confident of their product with a one year warranty. Some might offer extended warranty at extra cost which imo is as good as telling me to go make sweet love to myself.

Take a look at Panasonic or other Japanese brands. I got a Panasonic and have not regretted.

Got mine at Best Denki, Vivo. Good place to visit as they house 3-4 brands. Can test massage and compare.

Should buy the Japanese model. Those are light years ahead of what we have here

• Praise 1

ogawa is assuring us that its giving 10yr warranty. :scared:

frankly din know there is jap brand like panasonic until i google. Cost i wonder would it be astronomical..... :lll._.:

now to go check where got panasonic on display and try.... :grin:

Turbocharged

which brand from Japan?

I ask a few brands, most claim parts from china, assemble in japan.

like that command higher prices.

Turbocharged

which brand from Japan?

I ask a few brands, most claim parts from china, assemble in japan.

like that command higher prices.

Inaada and Fujiiryoki. I don't know if they use parts from China.

• Praise 1

my personal experience

I have bought an OSIM massage chair for about $5K. It was good when we tried it at the showroom but when it was delivered and after a few months of usage, the massage chair seems to have lost it original effect. One reason is the body got used to it.

Cons:

1. Expensive, if you don't use it regularly than it may be cheaper to go to a professional masseur if you need a massage

2. Every year there is a new model and after just a few years your massage chair has very little residual value. Trade it is also a big lost. New models are getting better. Previously, there is no hand and arms and feet massage included. Now they have.

3. After warranty, parts are expensive, those with pneumatic parts are easily to breakdown especially rubber tubing and so on.

4. There is so many brands in the market and NO one brand can satisfy everybody. You have to try each and everyone until you are satisfied before you buy. Otherwise becomes a white elephant at home. We bought ours and probably use less than a hundred times before we donated it to a church for the old fogies to use.

Pros

1. It all depends on your needs and budget..

2. If not in a hurry to buy, best time to buy is during festive season, because got better discount and free gives. If you are buying OSIM better still make friend with Ron Sim, you may not get a brand new massage chair but an extended warranty is better than nothing.

• Praise 1

Bought an OTO about 5, 6 years ago. Reason why I chose OTO was because 1) OSIM more expensive for one with similar functions and 2) OGAWA too small for me (maybe just the model I tried, one with the "anti-gravity" seating, felt like i was being cramped up to be tortured, some stranger auntie who saw me trying out the demo actually gave me the "aiyo, so poor thing" look...).

And now, after 5, 6 years of consistent usage (at least once or twice a week), the chair is still good and strong except for some small cracks here and there on the "leather". Nothing to maintain except wiping clean from time to time. Getting noisy though.

any bros or blokes in MCF know if anyone is repairing massage chairs or any contact ?? Mine is Akira, bought about 10 years back, (please dont say COE expired!) mechanically its sound , upholstery in very good condition ; but the Airbags cannot inflate air inside "panchit " . Called up the Agent of Akira located in Big Box but they don't sell it nor do they service it as it seems they gave up this item very many years back already. I very sayang to throw it away and its so heavy too

COE expired. [:p]

• Praise 1

COE expired. [:p]

Don't like that lah ! Now its a classic - mechanically rock steady only need airbags inside to be replaced/repaired

Supercharged

I brought my mother to an OSIM outlet today after our weekly grocery shopping in a shopping mall. We have an uMedic massage chair for about 8-9 years and my mother used it daily until its leather cracked terribly. We actually had the leather refurbished 3 years ago by OSIM, but last year it started to peel off again. If there's one thing I dislike about the massage chair, it has to be its leather seat which tends to peel easily. The uLove we tried today is really good, and I like its shoulder and calf massages the most. Its shoulder massage replicates hands of a masseur much more than uMedic does. While my mother was trying out the uLove while chatting away with the sales lady on topics from the chair itself to other irrelevant subjects, I tested its various functions and programs on another chair for an hour, as there was no other customer in the store. I probably would have dozed off had I been on the chair at home. Since both my mother and I agreed that the uLove is really comfortable, we bought it for $4,999 after $1,000 trade-in cum Mother’s/Father’s Day discount. I had thought of trying out other brands before deciding, but since my mother really likes uLove, I decided to go with her choice since she will be the daily user. I’m thinking of getting leather care product to maintain the leather condition this time though.

• Praise 2

Take a look at Panasonic massage chairs or other Japanese brands. I got a Panasonic and have not regretted.

The best thing to do is to visit a physical store and check different chairs. I personally tested Osaki, kahuna, Relaxon and Inada and I can say with much confidence that panasonic chairs are the best when it comes to quality. I personally own MA73 model for the last 2 years and never had any issue.

Anyone knows about Massage chairs??

long story short. Got a nice bonus this year + good tax return.

I do want to spoil my parents a little by buying them a massage chair. My dad has been talking about it for years but too cheap to pull the trigger.

my situation.

2. Ideally I want to keep it under 2K
  3. easy to operate (don't think my parents will ever go into some super luxury control or features)
  4. good brands prefered (after all, it's a gift, I don't want a no-name brand)
  5. good warranty is nice (but i'm not willing to overpay for extending it)

what I need help with

where to buy 

when to buy it (I can wait until Christmas this year, 1 whole year to wait for a deal)

What brand I should be looking out for (I like Panasonic, just because I've heard of it. lol)

P.S. i don't mind buying from small dealers, but need to be trustworthy. I rather pay a little more to ensure it's worth it for my parents in the long term.

anything would be helpful. Thanks

I would not encourage one for elderly especially those are down with osteoporosis.

If you really one, maybe not the bulky heavy duty type like a piece of cushion

that you put on a chair to massage that kind will be good enough for a 20min roll over.

Heating is an extra future for some.

I always think it can be additive if user find it soothing.

Give them some pulling devices that you can find in the parks nowadays

will strengthen them along the way of good aching feeling.

https://sg.osim.com/products/upper-body-massagers.html

https://www.thegoldenconcepts.com/collections/daily-living/exercise

Anyone knows about Massage chairs??

long story short. Got a nice bonus this year + good tax return.

I do want to spoil my parents a little by buying them a massage chair. My dad has been talking about it for years but too cheap to pull the trigger.

my situation.

2. Ideally I want to keep it under 2K
  3. easy to operate (don't think my parents will ever go into some super luxury control or features)
  4. good brands prefered (after all, it's a gift, I don't want a no-name brand)
  5. good warranty is nice (but i'm not willing to overpay for extending it)

what I need help with

where to buy 

when to buy it (I can wait until Christmas this year, 1 whole year to wait for a deal)

What brand I should be looking out for (I like Panasonic, just because I've heard of it. lol)

P.S. i don't mind buying from small dealers, but need to be trustworthy. I rather pay a little more to ensure it's worth it for my parents in the long term.

anything would be helpful. Thanks

Carousell got many to choose from n prices not bad too...

• Praise 6

First of all thank you for your comments, My friend introduce me on this site, buy on Amazon are good? has anyone ever bought one? Please give me some suggestions

I would not encourage one for elderly especially those are down with osteoporosis.

If you really one, maybe not the bulky heavy duty type like a piece of cushion

that you put on a chair to massage that kind will be good enough for a 20min roll over.

Heating is an extra future for some.

I always think it can be additive if user find it soothing.

Give them some pulling devices that you can find in the parks nowadays

will strengthen them along the way of good aching feeling.

https://sg.osim.com/products/upper-body-massagers.html

https://www.thegoldenconcepts.com/collections/daily-living/exercise

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1