LTA, SMRT form team to help minimise train disruptions

Seaweed

after running the train services for so many donkey years, now they start to do all this nonsense things..

first thing first, do they follow the maintenance scehdules all the time?? especially recently...

how come we dun keep hearing aircraft keep droppining off from the sky from SQ?? Cos checks are done and so are maintenace schedules followed closely..

instead of forming wat nonsense team, may as well send in the CPIB first.. :D :D :D

I believe only recent years start to employ FT to outsmart themselves. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

I'm pretty sure d issue is a lack of maintainence and use of inferior parts in d name of keeping costs low.

I believe due to employment of FT during recent years to cut costs. FT employed outsmart them with ceremonial paperwork inspections only.

pple don't take SQ....they still have a choice...so SQ must be good lor...else cannot compete...MRT...we don't take MRT...take what ??? bus and train all same pple own...car so expensive....so break down or not break down...what alternative we have...if not for that "percentage" that keep falling...will we have so much "talking group" !! but anyway...i don't think the "talking group" can do miracle...let's just see the next "percentage" is up or down..."isolated" breakdown can't happen everyday....well at least now they agree it is not acceptable...rather than "once in 50 years" !!!

My dad just told me this morning that a shop for clinic...base bid something like 3000....pple bid 30000....if anyone realise the one doctor self operate type of clinic(those olden type) and those under some funny group type...to see them for simple flu...the charges can differ by almost 100%...i don't know if those guys up there realise it...before it start breaking down again....

yes...the standard pack of nasi lemak this morning from a new store in the coffeeshop downstair of my flat cost me 3.50...one chicken wing...one egg...one small small fish....no ikan bilis...one slice of cucumber plus some chili...i thought the famous in changi V is only 3.00??? well...ok...their is ikan bilis instead of my small small fish!!! Maybe they need save money to pay COE!!!

I always tell my European colleague that over here we can find cheap food to fill up our stomach unlike their places where a simple sandwich cost 5Euro!!! oh...subway is already SGD5...my memory is getting bad !!!

[shakehead] [shakehead]

Let us hope we need not learn to be ashame of ourselves with all these. [sweatdrop]

last time dont drive still can take mrt. just squueeze. but nowadays mrt so lousy, mrt is no longer an alternative to pte transport

I believe for me, it is the other way around. Driving car the alternative to public transport train/bus. :o

Neutral Newbie

Yes, I support SMRT should compensate public and in fact for the law suit regarding MRT breakdowns, I think both LTA and SMRT should be responsible, not just SMRT. If any breakdown, shouldn't the regulatory govt body be more responsible as it had not done its job well? Thanks!

Need to create a SMS template with no train service from _____ to ______ for late to work/school liao

Can easily hit resend :-)

The signs at the stations when the train service breakdown is really pathetic.

The writings are small and smudgy, cannot invest in proper equipments meh? -_-

They will only wake up their ideas if they were made to compensate riders direct through one-day free rides on the MRT all round. :angry:

'People have to understand that even the best system in the world may falter,' he said. 'What is important is the willingness to learn and the positive attitude to acknowledge the shortcomings and put things right quickly.'

Hmmm....

Willingness to learn????

'People have to understand that even the best system in the world may falter,' he said. 'What is important is the willingness to learn and the positive attitude to acknowledge the shortcomings and put things right quickly.'

Hmmm....

Willingness to learn????

Learn through mistakes only? [sweatdrop] SMRT solution to improve inspection of claws securing the third rails: cut holes through the weather-proofing cover where the claws are. [shakehead] Corrossion due to rain ingress can be next chronic breakdowns forth-coming (self-created employment) [sweatdrop] . What will they think of next? [confused]

Trial of new train signalling system to start on Mar 28

SINGAPORE: All trains travelling along the North-South Line (NSL) will pause at around 11pm on Tuesday (Mar 28), as authorities begin the trial of a new signalling system that will allow trains to travel at closer intervals.

Commuters will have to wait about 10 minutes during the last hour of passenger service, as SMRT's Operations Control Centre and train captains switch the network and trains over to the new signalling system.

The new system will allow trains to run more closely to each other, and this can shorten the waiting time for trains at stations from the current 120 seconds to 100 seconds.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said this could also improve peak hour capacity by up to 20 per cent.

"The results will help LTA decide when to extend trials to longer service hours, and eventually the full switch-over of the new signalling system," said Mr Tan Yih Long, LTA's re-signalling project director.

The move comes after LTA and SMRT successfully conducted trial runs during engineering hours, after passenger service.

These trial runs have taken place since August 2016 and included running test trains equipped with the new system and adjusting the alignment between train doors and platform screen doors when trains stop at stations.

Engineers also ran test trains at interchange stations between the NSL and the East-West Line (EWL) to ensure a proper switch-over, as re-signalling works are still underway for the EWL.

During this trial, SMRT will deploy staff to stations along the NSL to provide assistance to commuters.

"We would like to remind commuters not to rush to board the trains, as train doors will open and close automatically on the new signalling system," said Mr Siu Yow Wee, SMRT's director for Station Operations for the North-South and East-West Lines.

In October last year, LTA announced that the launch of the new signalling system would be delayed to 2017, instead of 2016 as originally projected. This was because more extensive reliability tests needed to be conducted, despite upgrading works being complete, it said.

The new Tuas West Extension, which will also use the signalling system, also had its opening pushed back, from end-2016 to the second quarter of 2017.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/trial-of-new-train-signalling-system-to-start-on-mar-28/3628052.html

• Praise 1

I have no confidence in this new train signalling system. Even the current 120 seconds they also cannot meet lo, how would they prove that under the new signalling system train can run more closely and meet the 100 seconds?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

I have no confidence in this new train signalling system. Even the current 120 seconds they also cannot meet lo, how would they prove that under the new signalling system train can run more closely and meet the 100 seconds?

I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE_HOLYSHIT.jpg

well, we will find out 29 March onwards ...  [:p]

Looking back at how this thread got started I wonder where this LTA/SMRT team is now after 5 years have passed. We know that they have failed horribly no less and nothing was heard of their whereabouts. Maybe they committed suicide? [laugh]

well, we will find out 29 March onwards ...  [:p]

Sorry, not that i no give chance to train system here or expectation set too high, but based on so many incidence and cases and the daily operations on the train, seriously there is no more hope in our train system liao. Lol.

Train signalling trial goes smoothly; SMRT to hold another on Thursday

SINGAPORE — Rail operator SMRT will carry out another trial of its new signalling system on the North South Line (NSL) on Thursday (March 30), after a temporary switchover on Tuesday went smoothly, with trains running on the new system for more than an hour before services ended at night.

Hours before the start of the trial, however, two unrelated breakdowns occurred: A stretch of the NSL — between Bishan and Sembawang — was hit by a signalling fault that persisted for two hours, causing delays of up to 15 minutes. The issue was resolved at about 10.20pm — less than an hour before the trial started. Elsewhere, SMRT’s Bukit Panjang LRT system broke down for an hour.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/smrt-tests-new-signalling-system-north-south-line