Will Chen GuangCheng and his wife survive?

KARTer

Till end of this week? :o

Β 

Btw, his escape plan can be made into a movie "The Great Escape 2". The late Steve McQinn may want to come back to play the lead role.

↑ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Till end of this week? :o

Β 

Btw, his escape plan can be made into a movie "The Great Escape 2". The late Steve McQinn may want to come back to play the lead role.

Β 

The US can't do anything for them anymore. Their fate lies with the chinese govt. Good luck to them. [:/]

Supercharged

The US can't do anything for them anymore. Their fate lies with the chinese govt. Good luck to them. [:/]

Actually who is this Chen Guang Cheng? I know he is blind and the US wants him! But what is so important about him?

Actually who is this Chen Guang Cheng? I know he is blind and the US wants him! But what is so important about him?

He is blind since childhood, self taught and became a lawyer fighting cases for common men/women. Offended the govt by his stand against forced abortions in one-child policy. Jailed four year for that. After release, put under house arrest and together with his wie, were beaten by officials/"thugs" at home regularly, sometimes for hours.

Β 

Β 

Turbocharged
(edited)

I'm not sure if his persecution and abuse is on orders of the central govt itself, or is it just the "initiative" of local / provincial officials??

Β 

China is a huge country and, as they say, 'the mountains are high, and the emperor is far away'. Local officials very often take matters into their own hands and behave like evil warlords in the olden days.

Β 

Anyway, this is China's own "MSK escape" [laugh]. We have a pai-kah (lame) man who managed to escape high-security jail, while China has a blind man who did the same!! [laugh]

Β 

Nothing will happen to this guy now that his case has become so public. Very likely, in the near future, he will be allowed to go USA with his family for some "medical treatment" on "compassionate grounds", and quietly emigrate in this way. Face-saving solution for both countries.

Β 

I think China also wants him out, but not in such a public way - seeking asylum in foreign embassy. It's very embarrassing, and potrays them in a bad light.

Edited by Sosaria

Twincharged

I'm not sure if his persecution and abuse is on orders of the central govt itself, or is it just the "initiative" of local / provincial officials??

Β 

China is a huge country and, as they say, 'the mountains are high, and the emperor is far away'. Local officials very often take matters into their own hands and behave like evil warlords in the olden days.

Β 

Anyway, this is China's own "MSK escape" [laugh]. We have a pai-kah (lame) man who managed to escape high-security jail, while China has a blind man who did the same!! [laugh]

Β 

Pai kah man referring to brother yun who escaped from the zhengzhou max security prison in 1997?

6th Gear

Kena played out by US & China... His fate will just be another statistic in China's History, at most a story that can be made into a movie.

Twincharged

Pai kah man referring to brother yun who escaped from the zhengzhou max security prison in 1997?

Β 

my bad... u were referring to Mas selamat...

Β 

read wrongly cos there was another cripple who escaped in a chinese max security prison before... [laugh]

Turbocharged
(edited)

Kena played out by US & China... His fate will just be another statistic in China's History, at most a story that can be made into a movie.

Β 

I guess so, but I hope he is allowed to migrate, eventually. I mean, the guy is already blind - why beat him some more?

Β 

In the past, the USA would've bundled him out of the country, given him asylum straightaway.

Β 

But now USA economy in very bad shape, and it is not much of a superpower like in the old days. China, on the other hand, has grown in stature. So the USA needs to keep China on good terms, thus have to maneuver carefully in a highly-sensitive case like this.

Edited by Sosaria

Hypersonic

Β 

Β 

Β 

Nothing will happen to this guy now that his case has become so public. Very likely, in the near future, he will be allowed to go USA with his family for some "medical treatment" on "compassionate grounds", and quietly emigrate in this way. Face-saving solution for both countries.

Β 

I think China also wants him out, but not in such a public way - seeking asylum in foreign embassy. It's very embarrassing, and potrays them in a bad light.

Β 

IMO, that's not what going to happen to him. For as long as he keeps fighting for human rights in China, he will be a threat to the Chinese govt. They will not release him so easily so that he can quietly go to US. If that do that, he will continue to be an activists who will go against them.

Β 

I think the chinese will threaten him with the safety of his family. Any wrong moves and he will suffer the consequences. Silence will be his safety net.

Hypersonic

Β 

Imagine a blind man escape custody from his home where there are many many highly trained martial arts guards. Many people wants to learn from him that's why he's so important [:p][laugh]

Imagine a blind man escape custody from his home where there are many many highly trained martial arts guards. Many people wants to learn from him that's why he's so important [:p][laugh]

Β 

He is gonna be the next David Copperfield or maybe he will play the next Daredevil!