Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic | 6 praises

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi guys,

Does anyone know how and where to get a trailer in SIngapore?

I know that it exists and the off road bikers use it to go into malaysia.

I once saw a land rover pulling a covered one on the road.

Any one knows has experience in this or knows who has experience?

I drive a Mit triton and this truck 1000% can be used for towing ( triton owners overseas do a lot of towing).

I have access to private parking, so parking the trailer is not an issue.

anyhelp will be appreciated.

Cheers!

Russ
********************************************************************************
give me money...

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

Batlim
  • Batlim
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

buying or building one may not be an issue - do u need permit to tow one ?? Once I saw a MY police car stopping a MY pickup, which was towing a small boat mounted on a trailer....... blink.gif

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

buying or building one may not be an issue - do u need permit to tow one ?? Once I saw a MY police car stopping a MY pickup, which was towing a small boat mounted on a trailer....... blink.gif

hi there,

i read in previous post, getting the trailer is the easy part.

but the paper work behind it is messy.

so just want to find out more :)

********************************************************************************
give me money...

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

hi guys,

Does anyone know how and where to get a trailer in SIngapore?

I know that it exists and the off road bikers use it to go into malaysia.

I once saw a land rover pulling a covered one on the road.

Any one knows has experience in this or knows who has experience?

I drive a Mit triton and this truck 1000% can be used for towing ( triton owners overseas do a lot of towing).

I have access to private parking, so parking the trailer is not an issue.

anyhelp will be appreciated.

Cheers!

Russ

Have you seen my thread from 2007 as well as ngck's thread from 2009? I think bro curahee will be able to help.
http://www.mycarforu...p;#entry2155644
http://www.mycarforu...o...641441&st=0

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Have you seen my thread from 2007 as well as ngck's thread from 2009? I think bro curahee will be able to help.
http://www.mycarforu...p;#entry2155644
http://www.mycarforu...o...641441&st=0

yup saw it, but i think the bro no more on mcf, pm-ed him last time and didnt get a reply.

so just wondering :)

thanks for the help though

cheers

give me money...

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yup saw it, but i think the bro no more on mcf, pm-ed him last time and didnt get a reply.

so just wondering :)

thanks for the help though

cheers

No lah, he just posted a few hours earlier. Maybe he doesn't check his PM's.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

No lah, he just posted a few hours earlier. Maybe he doesn't check his PM's.

ok lemme go harrass him again! hahaha

thanks again!

cheers

Russ
give me money...

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Autobat
  • Autobat
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Is it even possible that you can own a trailer in singapore? Can our roads handle it? Do we need a license for that.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    Author Image

theres a company in pandan road - transerv, they make cabins

there's another one in loyang, but i forgot the name...

they convert 20ft / 40ft containers into cabins, can be towed using prime-movers...they also make porta toilets, etc...
we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Is it even possible that you can own a trailer in singapore? Can our roads handle it? Do we need a license for that.

Go see the links to the two other trailer thread in MCF that I posted earlier this morning.

- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

its is allowed.

but the tricky thing is the paper work :(
give me money...

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Kleivard
  • Kleivard
    Clutched
    Author Image

You guys never see car with trailer doesn't mean singapore car cannot tow a trailer. I had been towing my street legal(LTA approved) with TRC plate on it.

477660_10150653650986828_1042890026_o.jpg

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Kleivard
  • Kleivard
    Clutched
    Author Image

209078_10150146436101828_1715473_o.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 171473_497620031827_4715736_o.jpg

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Kleivard
  • Kleivard
    Clutched
    Author Image

just share my pics

40313_423922161827_4080988_n.jpg

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

yo man!

thanks for the pics! how much did the trailer cost and how do you go abt getting the permit?

give me money...

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Kleivard
  • Kleivard
    Clutched
    Author Image

tow hitch are able to carry bike as well but it not approve by lta

321943_10150376242121828_949859405_o.jpg

558428_10150944857466828_2032743029_n.jpg

Edited by Kleivard, 01 August 2012 - 07:41 PM.

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Kleivard
  • Kleivard
    Clutched
    Author Image

yo man!

thanks for the pics! how much did the trailer cost and how do you go abt getting the permit?

not easy. a very basic one with paper is about SGD$ 5k+

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hoe heng customize trailer, you can check below website for more details, the boss is a 4x4 freak, his cars all number 5.

http://www.hoeheng.com.sg/web/

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

not easy. a very basic one with paper is about SGD$ 5k+

yo man,

thanks for your info. how much is the insurance and is there any " road tax" on it?

thanks again!
give me money...

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Trailer and caravan are pretty common oversea. My boss even have a horse Trailer. He told me one day his wife came home & told him, " I just bought a horse"....

I am not sure about Singapore, I do think you need licence or not(by having some form of practical test) to have a trailer, & also there is specify max load approval depends on your ride. For instance, I cannot carry a trailer as I do not have the licence, but I can drive a tractor & small cc motorcycle. tongue.gif

Edited by Kiadaw, 01 August 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users