Cost of changing headlamp bulb, foglight bulb

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Just realised that the bulb in one of my headlamps n the bulb in one of my foglights is down. Anyone ever changed before can ask how much to change ah n need to pay for labor charges? At same time e plastic cover of e foglight also cracked. Can it be replaced or need to change e whole foglight?

Edited by Seabass_sg
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

simple bulb change can DIY la.. just buy the buld very cheap only just a few dollars. why need to ask someone to change and pay more?

• Praise 1

headlight replacement (bulb and labour), i got it done @ $12 (max)

foglight replacement ... not sure, yet to do it...

look @ the service manual, it does teach u how to change...depend on ur handiness... also take note on the precaution not to touch the bulb surface...

part wise, if u getting those stock type, very cheap only..can get from DIY store or car parts shop.

• Praise 1

The place I go you just pay for the bulb they will change for you 'labour free'. I remembered it's $8 per bulb.

• Praise 1

No. Autobacs charge to change. If yours a Toyota, very easy to change. I believe Honda is the same. The difficult one is Chevrolet epica, bulb hidden inside a casing.

Supersonic

They are legal till you switch them on.

Even it is illegal to switch on foglight, but don think they are enforcing strict on this rule. Cause you can see so many people switch on their foglight.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

No. Autobacs charge to change. If yours a Toyota, very easy to change. I believe Honda is the same. The difficult one is Chevrolet epica, bulb hidden inside a casing.

Honda is damm troublesome. I'm having this problem presently.

In order to change bulb, got to go under the wheel fender. Not much space for Yr arms. It's dark, can't see much. In fact, today I went to this WS, the guy gave up changing for me, even jacking up my car to have more space for his arms. I went away LPPL. Fedup. Lol

Honda is damm troublesome. I'm having this problem presently.

In order to change bulb, got to go under the wheel fender. Not much space for Yr arms. It's dark, can't see much. In fact, today I went to this WS, the guy gave up changing for me, even jacking up my car to have more space for his arms. I went away LPPL. Fedup. Lol

Is your headlamp H4? I know H4 headlamp difficult to change. Mine just twist and remove the clip, the whole bulb dropped out. If you are talking about foggie, mine need to remove wheel, remove the black fender then can change. So troublesome that I decide to not switch on my foggie even big rain. Save my bulb for NSH trip.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Many cars headlights are using mainly Star T25, 6 or 7mm hex screw , not the common normal flat or philipp screws.

post-272-1336265712_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Many cars headlights are using mainly Star T25, 6 or 7mm hex screw , not the common normal flat or philipp screws.

i have driven imprezza, sunny and now a optra ... all dun need special tools ... just a regular adjustable spanner at the most. sunny dun need tools even.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Is your headlamp H4? I know H4 headlamp difficult to change. Mine just twist and remove the clip, the whole bulb dropped out. If you are talking about foggie, mine need to remove wheel, remove the black fender then can change. So troublesome that I decide to not switch on my foggie even big rain. Save my bulb for NSH trip.

Yeah it's H4. I quite sian. The bulb only cost $6, and I got to stress over where to change it. Dun want to travel too much coz it's not much worth wasting petrol and time over a $6 thing.

• Praise 1

Just DIY your own first, if cannot, then go to a workshop and get them to rectify for you.

Labour charge is $8~$10, you bring your own bulb.

• Praise 1

Mine is Altis and it is really easy to change without any tools. I even learn how to swop HID and stock bulbs when coming inspection myself. Trial and error myself and got it :) but the foglight is not accessible unless have the tools as beneath the bumper. Car made simple is better than with car made with technologies.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hopefully i get it right.. i cant seem to post to create a new topic..

[blush]

Im driving a Hyundai Accent i believe 2002 model SGA plate. n I hit a hump hard. The next few minutes i noticed that both the low beam headlights went out. The high beam was working just fine. What could be the problem? Isit just the bulb or.... worst?

Please advice me. Thanks alot.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1