Rear Facing Child Seat

Micarforum

(edited)

Get Britax.. Best child seat money can buy... No expense is too much for your child's safety...

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/boulevard-70-cs

Can buy from Taka children section. about $500-600.. but damn solid..

yah, this was 1 of my initial shortlisted candidates (Advocate 70 CS seems better, not sold in SG though i think), but it uses LATCH system instead of the ISOfix rail, and need to use belts to secure to the bottom rail of the front seats, then tie onto the top of the child seat, it's not as "spider web" as those non-ISOfix child seats, but still quite a chore to do it, and according to research studies, 70-80% of child seats are not secured properly by the parents, even though they thought they have done it correctly.

Those Sweden designs are pretty smart, they have this metal ring in front of the child seat, which rest against the backrest of the car seat, so all that's needed to secure the child seat is:

1. Slot child seat into ISOfix hooks in the car seat

2. Extend the base stand of the child seat to the floor as a support.

Round Metal Ring at the front of the child seat:

8N99-ORBE-lg.jpg

No belts anywhere, just ISOfix rails + extended metal leg at the base of the child seat:

akta_graco_duologic_2-181.jpg

That's it! No belts to tie around the rails of the front seat etc.

Edited by Micarforum
↡ Advertisement

Got to see the child car seat specs... Britax does state the max child weight to use their seats for rear facing and then front facing..

Think for Asian cars, the back seat not much space, so as the child grow bigger and their legs longer, harder to use rear facing as their legs will get jammed up and pressing against the rear seat back cushion.. thats why as the baby grow up, need to switch to front facing for their legs to dangle comfortably...

P.S. Britax use the U.S. Latch system, similar to Isofix...

Yeah, initially wanted to buy the Britax Multi Tech 2, but read that it's v big, not suitable for my compact sedan. Britax's Hi Way / Max Way is much smaller, can rear facing too, but not ISOfix and not for infant (i think).

i am using britax, rear facing for kids up to 18kg. my girl is 4 yrs+, abt 12kg weight (small size), still rear facing.

i am using britax, rear facing for kids up to 18kg. my girl is 4 yrs+, abt 12kg weight (small size), still rear facing.

what? 4yrs n still rear facing??

what? 4yrs n still rear facing??

By now 10 yrs already, such an old topic. Anyway current recommendations are to use rear facing for as long as possible until height or weight is unable to be supported by the car seat.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

By now 10 yrs already, such an old topic. Anyway current recommendations are to use rear facing for as long as possible until height or weight is unable to be supported by the car seat.

or you break your back trying to lift the child in.

↡ Advertisement