LTA reply letter on Vehicle Entry Permit pricing

Wind30

Basically I wrote a feedback to LTA asking why is Vehicle Entry Permit for foreign cars cheaper when compared to current COE prices.

Basically singaporeans who bidded for todays COE prices has signed up for an extremely expensive price for TEN YEARS.

Foreign cars just has to pay VEP at $20/day for WEEKDAYS. It is FREE on weekends.

This is the reply.

I mean got reply like not reply. So what is LTA's stand???? never say anything at all. LTA is getting really bad

----------------

Dear Sir,

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify on the VEP scheme for foreign-registered cars in Singapore.

The Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) is a scheme for foreign car owners who drive in for business and tourism reasons. For this reason, the VEP fee is levied on foreign-registered cars to mitigate the cost difference of using foreign and Singapore-registered cars due to differences in road tax, insurance, fuel, etc.

The VEP fees is regularly reviewed and is currently under review.

We thank you for your feedback.

Irene Liew

If you guys think it is unfair that foreign registered cars pay a cheaper price to drive in singapore vs SINGAPOREAN cars, please feedback to LTA.

Hopefully, they can do something about this.

Don't see no open. Eons ago when they implement ERP, their mind is set to make this Singapore INC. last time buy one decal can go city rounding, now round 1 time, pay one time.

At the COE alone at $91,000

Spread over 10 years.....it will be worth $25 daily. Just the depreciation of the COE alone each day!!

So its seems that the Malaysia cars are getting a good deal in times of High COE in Singapore.

But then TS must also have to complain to LTA WHY WHY WHY those lucky car owners who bought in 2008-2009 when the COE was only $5000-$20,000, were not asked to top-up or taxed a higher road tax in-lieu of the current high COE.

Its blardy unfair for those to drive their cheap 2008-2009 cars in the current High Coe environment. VERY UNFAIR TOO!!

1st Gear

Wasted. Since you spotted the lobang, you should just keep quiet and buy MY car and save $ mah, rather than notify LTA.

If you guys think it is unfair that foreign registered cars pay a cheaper price to drive in singapore vs SINGAPOREAN cars, please feedback to LTA.

Hopefully, they can do something about this.

And to think one has to keep paying for each ERP gantry he passes, foreign vehicles just need to pay $5 per day no matter how many ERP gantries he zap through.

Ts might as well write in to ask why petrol up north is cheaper than here..... [laugh]

their petrol cheap is their business but all the malaysian cars driving in Singapore will just add to our congestion.

I mean singapore government is taxing its OWN CITIZENS so much to bring down the congestion and why are we allowing foreign cars to come in at $20/day, free on weekends, $5 ERP flat rates.

More malaysian cars come in, congestion goes up, ERP goes up, COE goes up... Best of all, the malaysian cars don't care because they don't pay COE, and ERP is flat rate to them.... something is wrong lah...

At the very least, the tax rate should be applied evenly to foreign and local cars since they contribute to congestion equally.

Edited by Wind30

Sinkieporean

the champion complainers whose balls shrink every time a General Election comes around.

their petrol cheap is their business but all the malaysian cars driving in Singapore will just add to our congestion.

I mean singapore government is taxing its OWN CITIZENS so much to bring down the congestion and why are we allowing foreign cars to come in at $20/day, free on weekends, $5 ERP flat rates.

More malaysian cars come in, congestion goes up, ERP goes up, COE goes up... Best of all, the malaysian cars don't care because they don't pay COE, and ERP is flat rate to them.... something is wrong lah...

At the very least, the tax rate should be applied evenly to foreign and local cars since they contribute to congestion equally.

Don't just think from one single perspective.

When COE is at $5,000 how come you never ask LTA to lower the levy of these Msian cars?

There are a lot of considerations when comes to cross-border policies.

Not so simple like the way you think. If it is, our railway issue wouldn't take nearly 40 years to solve.

nowadays can see at least 5 m'sia plate vehicles on our congested road just from coming to work and going home which is not the case a few years back... i serious think the toll should be raise at least double for those vehicle coming in during peak hours...

At the COE alone at $91,000

Spread over 10 years.....it will be worth $25 daily. Just the depreciation of the COE alone each day!!

So its seems that the Malaysia cars are getting a good deal in times of High COE in Singapore.

But then TS must also have to complain to LTA WHY WHY WHY those lucky car owners who bought in 2008-2009 when the COE was only $5000-$20,000, were not asked to top-up or taxed a higher road tax in-lieu of the current high COE.

Its blardy unfair for those to drive their cheap 2008-2009 cars in the current High Coe environment. VERY UNFAIR TOO!!

[thumbsup] ... good point!!

Singaporeans are very dumb

I paid just S$4000 for my proton saga and another S$400 a month salary to a Malaysian malay driver to ferry me from my JB banglo to my workplace in Singapore daily Monday to Friday. I am so busy answering calls on weekdays that I dont even have the time to drive. Surprisingly with the rise in COE to sky high and high, I found that my expenses is only around 20% of last time.. now with ahmad somemore.

Life is good in Malaysia. Maybe you guys should think of joining me over the weekends to see for yourself. During my birthdays and that of my family members, I unleash some 20 different fireworks to celebrate it.

Sometimes I do miss staying in my 3- room flat in Whampoa. Cleaning the house is a breeze. The whampoa HDB living room is about the size of my master bedroom toilet in JB. It takes just 30 second for me to finish mopping the living room in whampoa but in JB house its 10 times more material and timing. This is not only bad thing though. I missed those times in Whampoa flat cos whenver I misplace my items, its soo damn easy to find it. In JB now, I have to get my labradors to help me sniff out my iphones cos my house is just so damn big and 4 storey somemore. sigh!

In Spore I was arrested and detained in a lock-up in Clementi Police Station when I tried playing with those hand-held sparkles. Those were the stupid days spent in Singapore. This cannot, that cannot. Even screx cup C pretty girls also must charge in court and have faces splashed over newspaper. OVer in JB every day I tried different cup D babes in school uniforms and the policemen can even join in my outings.

Damn it. Why am I born in Spore in the first place? Should have stayed in JB and enjoy life earlier!

Those losers who whine to LTA about foreign cars paying only S$20 to enter Spore should just shut up and join me. If you cant have the cake, let others have it. Dont throw it down your tiny whinny HDB rubbish chute, leh

Basically I wrote a feedback to LTA asking why is Vehicle Entry Permit for foreign cars cheaper when compared to current COE prices.

Basically singaporeans who bidded for todays COE prices has signed up for an extremely expensive price for TEN YEARS.

Foreign cars just has to pay VEP at $20/day for WEEKDAYS. It is FREE on weekends.

This is the reply.

I mean got reply like not reply. So what is LTA's stand???? never say anything at all. LTA is getting really bad

----------------

Dear Sir,

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify on the VEP scheme for foreign-registered cars in Singapore.

The Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) is a scheme for foreign car owners who drive in for business and tourism reasons. For this reason, the VEP fee is levied on foreign-registered cars to mitigate the cost difference of using foreign and Singapore-registered cars due to differences in road tax, insurance, fuel, etc.

Irene Liew

Singaporeans are very dumb

I paid just S$4000 for my proton saga and another S$400 a month salary to a Malaysian malay driver to ferry me from my JB banglo to my workplace in Singapore daily Monday to Friday. I am so busy answering calls on weekdays that I dont even have the time to drive. Surprisingly with the rise in COE to sky high and high, I found that my expenses is only around 20% of last time.. now with ahmad somemore.

Life is good in Malaysia. Maybe you guys should think of joining me over the weekends to see for yourself. During my birthdays and that of my family members, I unleash some 20 different fireworks to celebrate it.

Sometimes I do miss staying in my 3- room flat in Whampoa. Cleaning the house is a breeze. The whampoa HDB living room is about the size of my master bedroom toilet in JB. It takes just 30 second for me to finish mopping the living room in whampoa but in JB house its 10 times more material and timing. This is not only bad thing though. I missed those times in Whampoa flat cos whenver I misplace my items, its soo damn easy to find it. In JB now, I have to get my labradors to help me sniff out my iphones cos my house is just so damn big and 4 storey somemore. sigh!

In Spore I was arrested and detained in a lock-up in Clementi Police Station when I tried playing with those hand-held sparkles. Those were the stupid days spent in Singapore. This cannot, that cannot. Even screx cup C pretty girls also must charge in court and have faces splashed over newspaper. OVer in JB every day I tried different cup D babes in school uniforms and the policemen can even join in my outings.

Damn it. Why am I born in Spore in the first place? Should have stayed in JB and enjoy life earlier!

Those losers who whine to LTA about foreign cars paying only S$20 to enter Spore should just shut up and join me. If you cant have the cake, let others have it. Dont throw it down your tiny whinny HDB rubbish chute, leh

I agreee with what you have say. By the way, how should I buy house in JB? What is the procedure? How to Apply PR in JB?

Please teach me...I super keen in staying JB....

Sillyapore too stress...

Edited by Kumweng

This is the reply.

----------------

Dear Sir,

Irene Liew

Go ask god, why you not born rich and in some lalaland and instead he make you born in SG and born poor

what you want to say??

quote the full thread without adding anything extra. [confused]

无话可说/写 [laugh]