NCD matter

Wishxsr

Hi all bro,

Im going overseas posting and intend to sell my car to my brother who never own a car before, but he got his license for 11 years.

My question is, he untitle for any NCD? can my ncd transfer to him?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Wife and legal partners - Yes. I have heard of Son / daughters case too. But, never heard about brothers.

By the way, is he a named driver in your insurance? if not, it is difficult even for wives.

i hv never heard of transfer of NCD even bet spouses so my initial response is no chance.

any experts like to confirm?

Neutral Newbie

Father to Son is possible, for NTUC.

At least few years ago, not sure about the terms and conditions.

sorry to bump this topic, so FATHER - SON (NCD) cant be transfer?, i have been the named driver all along and NCD built up to 40% liao  :TT_TT:

I HEARD last time can.. now cannot liao.. Spoken to a few insurers but they don't allow.

Noob question:

my next NCD will be 50%, if i renew my insurance on Jun.

However as i change insurance on Feb due to change new car, my ncd is currently at 40%. By Jun, will my NCD become 50%? Ty

Noob question:

However as i change insurance on Feb due to change new car, my ncd is currently at 40%. By Jun, will my NCD become 50%? Ty

I don't think so. Insurer will only award you with the extra 10% if you stay with them continuously for a year. 

sorry to bump this topic, so FATHER - SON (NCD) cant be transfer?, i have been the named driver all along and NCD built up to 40% liao  :TT_TT:

isn't it better to go direct and ask the insurer rather than ask the forum here?

what I know is different insurers have got slightly different practices with regards to this.  that's why last time when I did such transfer, the first thing I did is call up the insurer to ask directly.

• Praise 1

isn't it better to go direct and ask the insurer rather than ask the forum here?

what I know is different insurers have got slightly different practices with regards to this.  that's why last time when I did such transfer, the first thing I did is call up the insurer to ask directly.

Yes agreed.

5 out of 5 insurer rejected me doesn't mean others have 0%. Always worth to check again 

Yes agreed.

5 out of 5 insurer rejected me doesn't mean others have 0%. Always worth to check again 

I am just thinking most of us each only have 1 insurer and therefore not very time efficient to ask about insurer practices (which numbers so many given the number of insurers in this industry) when a 1-minute call to the particular insurer could settle it and without lingering doubts, for the forum-er asking the question.

but of course, maybe you could have called 5 insurers because you are at the strategisation stage of deciding which insurer's policy to take up.  hence my previous para comments is not directed at you...

Noob question:

I think last time i checked with the insurers on similar question, the answer is if you change insurer then you will remain at 40% from start of your new policy counting.

Safest bet is to liaise with your current insurer and obtain your new car insurance from them. I think that is the only way you can clock your NCD from where you left off.

I did that in parallel. Both asking in forum & asking the insurer. First try by my agent, got rejected. then I appeal with a letter to insurer directly via agent. Successful! Done, so Father to Son is possible! :grin:

Edited by Ralliart_ray

Turbocharged

if i am not wrong ncd only follow the name car owner insurance..n it can only be transfer between husband n wife

this is correct

Transferring between husband and wife depends on company though - I wasn't allowed to

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1