• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

Wishxsr
  • Premium member
    Wishxsr
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all bro,

Im going overseas posting and intend to sell my car to my brother who never own a car before, but he got his license for 11 years.

My question is, he untitle for any NCD? can my ncd transfer to him?

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

Slayerblah
  • Slayerblah
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

if i am not wrong ncd only follow the name car owner insurance..n it can only be transfer between husband n wife

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If he was a named driver for your insurance in the past few years then its quite possible.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Wife and legal partners - Yes. I have heard of Son / daughters case too. But, never heard about brothers.

By the way, is he a named driver in your insurance? if not, it is difficult even for wives.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i hv never heard of transfer of NCD even bet spouses so my initial response is no chance.
any experts like to confirm?
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Kazuo
  • Premium member
    Kazuo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Father to Son is possible, for NTUC.
At least few years ago, not sure about the terms and conditions.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Call your agent and ask them to help negotiate a deal for you. But better luck if your brother was one of the named driver(s) in your current insurance. If not, I think chance is ZERO especially if he has no prior records with them. It's mostly at the discretion of the insurance company.

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

Ralliart_ray
  • Ralliart_ray
    1st Gear
    Author Image

sorry to bump this topic, so FATHER - SON (NCD) cant be transfer?, i have been the named driver all along and NCD built up to 40% liao  :TT_TT: 

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

KoreanLover
  • Premium member
    KoreanLover
    4th Gear
    Author Image

sorry to bump this topic, so FATHER - SON (NCD) cant be transfer?, i have been the named driver all along and NCD built up to 40% liao  :TT_TT:

I HEARD last time can.. now cannot liao.. Spoken to a few insurers but they don't allow.

A good teacher teach from the heart, not from the books.

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

Axela72
  • Axela72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Noob question:
my next NCD will be 50%, if i renew my insurance on Jun.

However as i change insurance on Feb due to change new car, my ncd is currently at 40%. By Jun, will my NCD become 50%? Ty
NoT foR tHe FaInT HeArt! CLICK & JOIN ME IF YOU DARE!

Knight
http://world5.knight...m...45&ref=link

Vampire
http://world8.monste...d&vid=190036371

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

KoreanLover
  • Premium member
    KoreanLover
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Noob question:

However as i change insurance on Feb due to change new car, my ncd is currently at 40%. By Jun, will my NCD become 50%? Ty

I don't think so. Insurer will only award you with the extra 10% if you stay with them continuously for a year. 

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:35 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

isn't it better to go direct and ask the insurer rather than ask the forum here?

what I know is different insurers have got slightly different practices with regards to this.  that's why last time when I did such transfer, the first thing I did is call up the insurer to ask directly.

KoreanLover praised this

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:48 PM

KoreanLover
  • Premium member
    KoreanLover
    4th Gear
    Author Image

isn't it better to go direct and ask the insurer rather than ask the forum here?

what I know is different insurers have got slightly different practices with regards to this.  that's why last time when I did such transfer, the first thing I did is call up the insurer to ask directly.

Yes agreed.

5 out of 5 insurer rejected me doesn't mean others have 0%. Always worth to check again 

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:56 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes agreed.

5 out of 5 insurer rejected me doesn't mean others have 0%. Always worth to check again 

I am just thinking most of us each only have 1 insurer and therefore not very time efficient to ask about insurer practices (which numbers so many given the number of insurers in this industry) when a 1-minute call to the particular insurer could settle it and without lingering doubts, for the forum-er asking the question.

but of course, maybe you could have called 5 insurers because you are at the strategisation stage of deciding which insurer's policy to take up.  hence my previous para comments is not directed at you...

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hiton
  • Hiton
    Clutched
    Author Image

Father to son yes. Brother to brother, not sure. Just call a few coy to ask lor

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Noob question:

I think last time i checked with the insurers on similar question, the answer is if you change insurer then you will remain at 40% from start of your new policy counting.

Safest bet is to liaise with your current insurer and obtain your new car insurance from them. I think that is the only way you can clock your NCD from where you left off.

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

Jtb
  • Premium member
    Jtb
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Start from 0

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

Deividz
  • Premium member
    Deividz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

You can buy the car under your name and put him as a named driver.

Then you can utilise the ncd.

Staff69 praised this

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:35 PM

Ralliart_ray
  • Ralliart_ray
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I did that in parallel. Both asking in forum & asking the insurer. First try by my agent, got rejected. then I appeal with a letter to insurer directly via agent. Successful! Done, so Father to Son is possible! :grin:

Edited by Ralliart_ray, 13 April 2016 - 04:36 PM.

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if i am not wrong ncd only follow the name car owner insurance..n it can only be transfer between husband n wife

this is correct

Transferring between husband and wife depends on company though - I wasn't allowed to

1 Anonymous member praised this
Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: matter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users