Value-for-money Japanese meal (Parkway)

Heartlander

Went to Sakae Sushi in Parkway Parade recently with wifey for lunch. Ordered the premium set for 2 at about $35, comprises of 2 bowls of rice with grilled fish, chicken, beef, vegetable, fois-gras, etc, with most of the items prepared from the teppanyaki counter there. Very very satisfying meal, as concurred by my wife, and definitely worth the money for the quality. The grilled beef is very tender and all the meats are full of flavour. Should be able to substitute beef with other meat for those who does not take beef.

Chanced upon my wife's acquaintance who worked there, that the promotion is ending in 2 months time due to mis-calculation in costs, such that the restaurant is not earning much from it at all. So, enjoy there while still available. Will not regret.

Disclaimer: I do not work there. And Sakae Sushi definitely does not need me to do any promotion, judging by the crowd there.

↡ Advertisement

Went to Sakae Sushi in Parkway Parade recently with wifey for lunch. Ordered the premium set for 2 at about $35, comprises of 2 bowls of rice with grilled fish, chicken, beef, vegetable, fois-gras, etc, with most of the items prepared from the teppanyaki counter there. Very very satisfying meal, as concurred by my wife, and definitely worth the money for the quality. The grilled beef is very tender and all the meats are full of flavour. Should be able to substitute beef with other meat for those who does not take beef.

Chanced upon my wife's acquaintance who worked there, that the promotion is ending in 2 months time due to mis-calculation in costs, such that the restaurant is not earning much from it at all. So, enjoy there while still available. Will not regret.

Disclaimer: I do not work there. And Sakae Sushi definitely does not need me to do any promotion, judging by the crowd there.

Should have read this before I bought my lunch, just ordered n finished singspore fried bee hoon!

Supercharged

NPNT. [laugh][laugh]

anyway, $35 for 2 is not very value-for-money. It's normal priced for a mass market restuarant.

any mass market restuarant will be charging around the same or cheaper price than $35 for 2

sakae's teppan is very much dependent on the chefs standards. some outlet nice some outlet not.

any food experts here [thumbsup]

$35 for two, hehehe no thanks!

moreover sakae not so nice :D

I also thought Sakae Sushi not so nice as I occasionally bring my kids there for lunch, not ex but quality definitely not so good. That is why I was pleasantly surprised with what I got with this premium set.

Anyway, please do not write things off without even trying. You will miss out alot of good things in life that way due to the prejudice in place. $35 not really ex lah.

sakae's teppan is very much dependent on the chefs standards. some outlet nice some outlet not.

Think everywhere is like that - from small foodcourt counter to big restaurants.

Turbocharged

Just go next door to Sakuraya. Better. I've banned Sakae for donkey years.

NPNT. [laugh][laugh]

anyway, $35 for 2 is not very value-for-money. It's normal priced for a mass market restuarant.

any mass market restuarant will be charging around the same or cheaper price than $35 for 2

You try lah, then take pictures to show us.

Not everyone like to take pictures of what they eat. And this is just normal food, not some fancy restaurants.

Just go next door to Sakuraya. Better. I've banned Sakae for donkey years.

Sakuraya is more famous for fresh fish, different type of food we are talking about. And prejudice we are seeing again.

Why not someone try it and give feedback. Only $35 cheap cheap to see if I am lying?

Maybe my mood was good so it tasted very good? hmmm....

1st Gear

if u ask me

both sakae and sakuraya

cannot even win the jap food stall at Serangoon Gardens Market.

that only cost $6.50 per set.

all these commercial branches really cannot make it.

Turbocharged

I used to go Sakae very often. But the food and service standard has dropped alot and I've had quite bad experience with them since the last time. $35 for 2 is rather cheap but then I mostly stick to sashimis so Sakuraya would be my choice at PP.

Turbocharged

if u ask me

both sakae and sakuraya

cannot even win the jap food stall at Serangoon Gardens Market.

that only cost $6.50 per set.

all these commercial branches really cannot make it.

The Jap restaurant Jurong West sports complex used to sell bento sets at $4.90 [laugh]

Somehing is wrong here. I bother to spare some efforts to share a good meal i had recently, and some people are writing it off without even trying it before. Like that who will want to share, not knowing if the place has been condemned by the people here.

A bit funny......

(edited)

I used to go Sakae very often. But the food and service standard has dropped alot and I've had quite bad experience with them since the last time. $35 for 2 is rather cheap but then I mostly stick to sashimis so Sakuraya would be my choice at PP.

ever since they got listed. what a joke, the honcho proclaimed he wanted sakae to be the MacDonalds of Japanese food.

priest lah.

Edited by Happily1986

Turbocharged

ever since they got listed. what a joke, the honcho proclaimed he wanted sakae to be the MacDonalds of Japanese food.

priest lah.

Same thing happening for Thai Express. The food not so nice as before. [:(]

↡ Advertisement