2013 Nissan Sylphy

Rezorn86

I am still trying to achieve this 15...... now only 13.

Dont worry, you will slowly achieve it if you continue majority highway driving. It takes me around 2 months plus.

Now it seems stuck at 15.1km/l for the last 3 weeks. I ams tarting to wonder whether it is spoilt.

Check the green econ indicator to see your driving pattern...

At 900+km, my FC is 10.7km/l... saddd.. Im still getting used to the CVT. Can anybody tell me how i can get better FC? Im on 100% urban..

100% urban means you don't drive on highway at all? Then 10.7km/l sounds normal, to me. Is your a 1.6 litre?

At 900+km, my FC is 10.7km/l... saddd.. Im still getting used to the CVT. Can anybody tell me how i can get better FC? Im on 100% urban..

Neutral Newbie

i think the duel type you choose also affect your FC,choose 98 and see how.

Good luck

Neutral Newbie

Yup... at most once in three-four weeks will drive on highway, otherwise, it's urban/city.. my sylphy is a 1.6.. and it's my first new car. All my friends laughing at my poor FC and blame it on poor Nissan.. Perhaps it's my driving pattern or its heavy body.. My 2nd hand Honda Civic before this gave me abt 10km/l as well.. Is 10.7km/l for 100% urban really ok?

100% urban means you don't drive on highway at all? Then 10.7km/l sounds normal, to me. Is your a 1.6 litre?

Ooohh.. ok.. now shell got scratch n win card for vpower.. maybe will try tt.. now using 95. Thanks! ;)

i think the duel type you choose also affect your FC,choose 98 and see how.

Good luck

Compare to other new cars of today, Sylphy is ok for fuel economy. Not the best but not bad also. I think some of the 1.5 cars like vezel and Mazda 3 seems to be having better FC.

If your civic (1.6?) was giving you similar FC, then it means your new sylphy is same FC as your Civic, since driving style and env same.

If you want to improve on the FC, the single most impt factor is your own driving style lor. Agressive? Do you carry passengers most of the time. Tyres properly inflated?

Yup... at most once in three-four weeks will drive on highway, otherwise, it's urban/city.. my sylphy is a 1.6.. and it's my first new car. All my friends laughing at my poor FC and blame it on poor Nissan.. Perhaps it's my driving pattern or its heavy body.. My 2nd hand Honda Civic before this gave me abt 10km/l as well.. Is 10.7km/l for 100% urban really ok?

Ooohh.. ok.. now shell got scratch n win card for vpower.. maybe will try tt.. now using 95. Thanks! ;)

i am driving my slyphy 1.6 for a year. for past one year, i drive as wat i always drive in my previous car, not very aggressive but not gentle at all... i remember when i test drive altis last year, the SA say i drive very aggressive...

anyway long story short, i use to get 12-13 km/l on paper ( total mileage a tank vs how much u pump for the new tank) on my sylphy. Highway 60-70%, sometime 50% and the rest is small road and urban...

recently i change my driving style to less aggressive, the last 3 tank is above 14km/l. compare to latio which my wife was driving, the best fc is 11km/l i consider this is a huge improvement! (i feel this car does not need hard accelerate to pick up speed, after driving a 2l 2006camry in NZ and compare...)

Anyway sometime when i stop at traffic more, the fuel just burn... some car like mazda 3 for start stop on jucntion which helps alot on fuel saving. in my opinion, cannot compare to this car....

Amazing Nissan can give such a good FC, so Toyota really nothing to shout about in today BnB car segment for it FC..

Do you guys have the observation that Nissan cars have a tendency to kenna hit on the rear underside when reverse parking?

I noticed it with other people's Latio as well as my 2014 Sylphy. When there are rear passengers at the back, the rear will be 1-2 inches lower. Then the tail hook or exhaust pipe will hit the kerb when revserse in.

Do you guys have the observation that Nissan cars have a tendency to kenna hit on the rear underside when reverse parking?

I noticed it with other people's Latio as well as my 2014 Sylphy. When there are rear passengers at the back, the rear will be 1-2 inches lower. Then the tail hook or exhaust pipe will hit the kerb when revserse in.

Yes so I reverse slowly and really slowly. Hit a little bit is ok for me. My old Mazda5 always got hit numerous times and I often see people looking at me while I parking. That is why finally scrapped and buy Nissan. At least the exhaust pipe is higher than Mazda5.

Exhaust pipe yes. Either Sylphy design too low.. Or HDB carparks kerbs too high.

ya.. kenna kerbs until so use to it. Dont think we can do anything about this.

Just have to reverse slow when parking

Do you mean you open door to look out towards the rear when parking? Do you have reverse camera?

For me, I wind down my window to look out as I am very particular about parking straight and proper. Open window is easier than open door.

I open my door when parking, hoping to minimise any scratches. Heart pain when you hear it.

↡ Advertisement