How u filter out?

Tom_kkh

How u filter out  

39 members have voted

1. 1. filtering techinques

• wait till totally no car than 1 shot filter to the most outer lane
    • filter out to first lane than slowly go to the third lane

assuming after you turning left at a traffic light(zebra crossing lane), you will need to filter out to the most outer lane to make a right turn.

which techniques do you use. please vote.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Your lane numering is confusing. First lane is the fastest lane on the right most. To avoid confusion, you could have used "slowest" lane if you are not sure of number of lanes.

Ok, back to topic, I would filter to the slowest lane first so that the traffic behind me is not held!

You need to whack the throttle to match your speed with traffic assuming its not heavy. Then its all based on your experience from there.

If heavy traffic and there is no way to move to the right lane smoothly, please just filter out first then make a U-turn back.

Alot of people tend to hold up traffic behind or worse, cause traffic with right of way to have to brake.

Turbocharged

I will filter to slowest lane then slowly check clear then filter to right turning lane. I do that even if road is totally clear.

Neutral Newbie

I will go to the slowest lane then to the fastest lane

Practise situational driving. Of cos if the traffic is clear, I will "step on it" drive 1-shot quickly from slow lane to the fastest lane.

But i still see drivers trying to do the 1-shot stunt even on moderate traffic conditions, causing other drivers behind them to brake or slow down becos of their mis-judgement ??

It really depends on traffic conditions ....

Be brave, and grow a heavy right foot

not about brave la. yesterday saw 1 car die die must wait till 3 lanes all clear than filter out. in the end may cars behind him waiting....

Supercharged

depends on the traffic flow pattern..if its little vehicular traffic then i'll adjust my speed(without stopping or braking) to concicide to filter out in order not to cause other vehicles to brake..if its heavy traffic situation then i'll follow the flow of the vehicles in front and slowly filter out from slowest lane to fast lane..in the process also adjusting the speed in order not to cause other vehicles to brake

Neutral Newbie

depends on the distance to right turning lane. if it's short distance, no choice have to wait till no car then go straight to the right turning lane.

I have a question for short distance. if the queue is long, should i cut in front of those queuing or wait till the traffic moves so i can queue at the back? If i wait, it will mean holding up traffic for the filter lane if it is a non wide single lane.

So far i have been waiting near/on the road markings for a wide single filter lane. So that cars who wants to go straight can still filter out.

Neutral Newbie

if going straight, keep to the slowest lane and filter out..

if turning right immediately, pray for slow moving cars and filter all the way to the right turning lane [laugh]

(edited)

of cos one by one la... wah lau hate those try to filter all the way out one... kns drivers

Agreed. I am pissed and amazed at those who, with a short distance to spare, starts to filter from rightmost lane to the leftmost lane in fast/dangerous manner and still managed to exit the off the expressway.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Supercharged

depends on the distance to right turning lane. if it's short distance, no choice have to wait till no car then go straight to the right turning lane.

I have a question for short distance. if the queue is long, should i cut in front of those queuing or wait till the traffic moves so i can queue at the back? If i wait, it will mean holding up traffic for the filter lane if it is a non wide single lane.

So far i have been waiting near/on the road markings for a wide single filter lane. So that cars who wants to go straight can still filter out.

it all depends on how considerate u want to be..even if u are a truly considerate driver who don't mind waiting..there still will be some impatient drivers who will want to squeeze past ur vehicle and cause a disturbance..most important is to be safe as not to be involved in an accident

it all depends on how considerate u want to be..even if u are a truly considerate driver who don't mind waiting..there still will be some impatient drivers who will want to squeeze past ur vehicle and cause a disturbance..most important is to be safe as not to be involved in an accident

considerate drivers will also not let people wait :D[laugh]