Signal liao means can cut in anytime ?

MrolexB

(edited)

As above ... Met a SJE Altis (metallic greyish green)

3 cars (including mine at last) travelling at 120km/h on Lane 1 along KJE, with about 1 car length in between each other. Then I saw a fast coming Altis from rearview mirror.

It tried to cut to lane 2, but a slower moving car was there, thus it cut back to lane 1 behind me. Then it cut to lane 2 again, but got close to mine at side. Next moment at 3/4 Altis length ahead of me, he signalled and cut in front of me. at 120km/h (some may say not fast etc) with abt 1 car length, I had to tap brake. But I gave hi-beam & honk.

When I caught up with it at a traffic, I went towards it and told the driver how could he cut in just like that ... he said he signalled, and I only honk & hi-beam after he cut ... then the typical arguement errupted ... he then say he in rush thus no time to talk to me, unduly Singaporean. If want I can go report police! I told him signal means big deal and can go as wish ?

So signal is really big F, that one can do anything after singalling? I took 2 pic of his lic plate, but unfortunately effort very blur. But I bet he could remember my plate as mine was much more easier to remember ... stay tune in MCF, for this "atas" uncle may put an complaint thread here against me ... [;)]

Edited by MrolexB
↡ Advertisement

I hate such mentality too.

I encountered once a car making a U-turn in front of me from the left lane beside me. The driver's reason (when I approached her) was "I had signalled".

My fren just won the case of the front car signalled and cut into his lane in CTE. He hit the front car rear-bumper.

Fortunately, has a video recorder in his car and use the video evidence in his report.

Turbocharged

Signal liao doesnt mean can cut in. its just a signal of intend and they still have to judge safety distant before switching lane.

most driver in singapore are very lousy in this.

If the driver is signalling for a long period say more than 5 seconds. You should give your way. If not you have a point. Why not just give way and be patient. This is the reason why you lose insurance case if you rear end someone. From behind you have a better view to judge the situation in front. Signal means I trying to turn please give way. Not I turning u speed off. I realize in singapore a lot of this type of drivers. You signal they speed off. Imagine I that day low concentration or imagine car in blind spot, accident already. My opinion is car in front always got priority.

(edited)

If the driver is signalling for a long period say more than 5 seconds. You should give your way. If not you have a point. Why not just give way and be patient. This is the reason why you lose insurance case if you rear end someone. From behind you have a better view to judge the situation in front. Signal means I trying to turn please give way. Not I turning u speed off. I realize in singapore a lot of this type of drivers. You signal they speed off. Imagine I that day low concentration or imagine car in blind spot, accident already. My opinion is car in front always got priority.

Agreed with u, many a times and signal long or even no signal, if the gap is huge, I will let go (kpkb lah, but also LLST) .. but this case it was beside me one moment (parallel beside I how can see his signal). At 120km/h, I look in front more then side right? next moment 3/4 length ahead of me it cut in liao ... I was thinking where got like that one ... squeezed in liao he had to brake so I have to brake too ...

Edited by MrolexB

Signal liao doesnt mean can cut in. its just a signal of intend and they still have to judge safety distant before switching lane.

most driver in singapore are very lousy in this.

Yes. Signal = intention only and not right to cut in.

My fren just won the case of the front car signalled and cut into his lane in CTE. He hit the front car rear-bumper.

Fortunately, has a video recorder in his car and use the video evidence in his report.

Coincidentally, I just bought a video recorder (collected last night), but have not fixed up, the set was in car .. damn .. else GP/VGT liao ... [:(]

Aiya ... relax bro ...

We get such drivers on the road everyday ..... I met a Peugeot 308CC driven by a lady yesterday on BKE as well .... such situation as yours.

What make me most tulan is queue cutting arseh_les that just not queue and will cut in when they are as near as possible to the slip road (exit), two most popular spots are at BKE at the slip road to PIE and Clementi Ave 6 at the slip road to PIE towards Jurong.....

3 cars (including mine at last) travelling at 120km/h on Lane 1 along KJE, with about 1 car length in between each other. Then I saw a fast coming Altis from rearview mirror.

It tried to cut to lane 2, but a slower moving car was there, thus it cut back to lane 1 behind me. Then it cut to lane 2 again, but got close to mine at side. Next moment at 3/4 Altis length ahead of me, he signalled and cut in front of me. at 120km/h (some may say not fast etc) with abt 1 car length, I had to tap brake. But I gave hi-beam & honk.

When I caught up with it at a traffic, I went towards it and told the driver how could he cut in just like that ... he said he signalled, and I only honk & hi-beam after he cut ... then the typical arguement errupted ... he then say he in rush thus no time to talk to me, unduly Singaporean. If want I can go report police! I told him signal means big deal and can go as wish ?

So signal is really big F, that one can do anything after singalling? I took 2 pic of his lic plate, but unfortunately effort very blur. But I bet he could remember my plate as mine was much more easier to remember ... stay tune in MCF, for this "atas" uncle may put an complaint thread here against me ... [;)]

maybe he is really in a rush.

anyway, you can don't let him cut in. since you let him in, then LL.

would u prefer never signal and cut in? [laugh]

Definitely Altis was wrong. No questions. But, traveling at 120km/hr with about a car length gap is dangerous!

Please remember 2 sec rule and keep the gap accordingly. We can clearly smell why chain collusion takes place everywhere. 1 car length is just enough when your car is at 8km/hr!

Neutral Newbie

At least he/she still signalled, you are mentally prepared that the car may potentially come into ur lane. There are dicks out there that have already forgotten the use of the signal indicator. [rolleyes]

At least he/she still signalled, you are mentally prepared that the car may potentially come into ur lane. There are dicks out there that have already forgotten the use of the signal indicator. [rolleyes]

not only dicks...also puss*ies too [laugh]

Totally agree with TS. After signalling, the onus should be on the driver to check whether it is safe to change lanes. Doesn't mean signal only can just suka suka switch lane without gauging other cars' speed and whether the gap is big enough to do so safely. But then again, there are some who check already still cut in dangerously, meaning that their judgment is poor. At the end of the day, just be alert at all times to the cars around you and be ready in case of such cuckoo drivers.

They are not right, but don't be angry. I would try to practice defensive driving and give way, anyway. Even if don't signal, see them behaving strangely, moving in and out of lane, go slow and then pass them as soon as possible.

I agree. Defensive driving is the way to go these days.

Neutral Newbie

Totally agree with TS. After signalling, the onus should be on the driver to check whether it is safe to change lanes. Doesn't mean signal only can just suka suka switch lane without gauging other cars' speed and whether the gap is big enough to do so safely. But then again, there are some who check already still cut in dangerously, meaning that their judgment is poor. At the end of the day, just be alert at all times to the cars around you and be ready in case of such cuckoo drivers.

Better to siam cuckoo drivers. I am mostly give way to car filtering in signal or no (you can see them veering off towards you).

But there are days where I am bad driver too.

↡ Advertisement