Engine trembles Vibrates before Shuting down

• Search this thread
67 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Godfinger
  • Premium member
    Godfinger
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Recently, I discover that my engine will tremble and Vibrate before
I shut off. Problem is, this issue doesnt occurs everytime. More likely
to happen when I turn-Off the Aircon and engine still running. Gear in 'P' and it will
trembles and Vibrates, RPM drops for that few seconds before it
suddenly rev up again to prevent engine stalling.

What could be the problem?
I have my Plugs changed, Engine Oil renewed and Filiter change
as well. Problem still persist. Could it be the sensors issue or
Idling problems? Nothing of this sort happens when Gear is in 'D'

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Recently, I discover that my engine will tremble and Vibrate before
I shut off. Problem is, this issue doesnt occurs everytime. More likely
to happen when I turn-Off the Aircon and engine still running. Gear in 'P' and it will
trembles and Vibrates, RPM drops for that few seconds before it
suddenly rev up again to prevent engine stalling.

What could be the problem?
I have my Plugs changed, Engine Oil renewed and Filiter change
as well. Problem still persist. Could it be the sensors issue or
Idling problems? Nothing of this sort happens when Gear is in 'D'

Can consider changing engine mounting.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Trafficwatch
  • Trafficwatch
    2nd Gear

Ya, engine mounting might be due for replacement. If you have experience mechanic, he'll use his hydraulic jack & jack up your whole engine to determine which mounting spoil.
Engine mounting replacement costs around S$ 120 to S$ 500 or more depends on how problematic for the replacement & usually each engine having 3 mountings.

Edited by Trafficwatch, 14 May 2012 - 10:00 PM.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

Godfinger
  • Premium member
    Godfinger
    5th Gear

huh, Engine mounting will cause engine to trembles and Vibrate before shuting off?
Problem is, this issue is not always happening. Sometimes it doent happen at all.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

6th Gear

For me I will check idling controller and A/C choke.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    6th Gear

huh, Engine mounting will cause engine to trembles and Vibrate before shuting off?
Problem is, this issue is not always happening. Sometimes it doent happen at all.

T/B dirty.??Or too much carbon deposit on the piston top.?What is your car mileage.?

Fairlady.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    3rd Gear

Shooting in the dark.

I bet the ICV (idling control valve) not functioning well.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

Godfinger
  • Premium member
    Godfinger
    5th Gear

Alot of advice to clean the TB and Idling Controller.
My Mileage is high @ 260K and its a 7years old Stream running on D17A
engine. Just recently that I had this problem. Not everytime before
I shut down it will vibrate. High possibility when my Gear Position in 'P'
and A/C just turned off. The engine will trembles like its going to stall
and moments later, the Rev will build up and save the stalling engine.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Godfinger
  • Premium member
    Godfinger
    5th Gear

I will try to locate this Idling Control Valve location and
maybe I can DIY to replace it.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    3rd Gear

Did you try switching on the head light, put them to high beam and turn them off to see if the same symptom appear?

The idea is to load your engine with the alternator and remove the load suddenly to see if the ICV will adjust the engine speed smoothly.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    NOS-ed

7 years and 260K?!

Have you changed engine mountings before? Maybe it's time.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Lanevomax
  • Lanevomax
    4th Gear

Air Flow Sensor ?

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Godfinger
  • Premium member
    Godfinger
    5th Gear

Engine Mounting Changed @ 160K. These Mountings are still fine. Except that the Engine Trembles and Vibrates
before shuting down. That's the problem which I am facing now.
I will try to load the Alternator and see if it loads the ICV.
Talking about Loading, think should be the relating root cause as when
I off the A/C with the Gear in 'P', possibility of the vibrating is there.
What I felt is the RPM doesnt compensate the easing of load at that moment
thus creating the problem. It will rev up seconds later.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

6th Gear

My I ask what car model and year?

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Xcen
  • Premium member
    Xcen
    Neutral Newbie

did u pump in malaysia?

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    NOS-ed

My I ask what car model and year?

He mentioned it's a 7 years old Honda Stream.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

Fongmy
  • Premium member
    Fongmy
    NOS-ed

Engine Mounting Changed @ 160K. These Mountings are still fine. Except that the Engine Trembles and Vibrates
before shuting down. That's the problem which I am facing now.
I will try to load the Alternator and see if it loads the ICV.
Talking about Loading, think should be the relating root cause as when
I off the A/C with the Gear in 'P', possibility of the vibrating is there.
What I felt is the RPM doesnt compensate the easing of load at that moment
thus creating the problem. It will rev up seconds later.

Hi, Bro Godfinger,
Sounds to me the air-con compressor relay might causes these problem ? Please let the air-con mechanic to look into it before replacing any parts that may be wasteful.

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

Sei_fei_loh
  • Premium member
    Sei_fei_loh
    4th Gear

Has similar experience now. Chked and told its one of my engine mounting for my case. Mine not only slight vibration but abit of knocking sound.

Mechanice told me dun bother to change until my car vibrates when idlng. Haha

Hope it helps

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

Godfinger
  • Premium member
    Godfinger
    5th Gear

Mounting checked and is still
Useable. Only suspect now could
Be the ICA or TB. Shall rule out
TB since idling when waiting at
The lights or more specific, when
Gear is in 'D' is perfectly normal.
Could b relating problems with
Loading since problem only happens
When A/C is shut off.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

Godfinger
  • Premium member
    Godfinger
    5th Gear

Dirty fuel filter or choked injectors?
Dont think these are the culprits since
My engine is able to rev willing.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users