Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
240 replies to this topic | 200 praises

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

I-LOVE-CARS
  • I-LOVE-CARS
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Bros, i will be going to BKK from 27th May-1st June since Thai Airways has a very good offer, will be staying at Grand China Princess Along Yaowarat Road, the last time i go to bkk was 2+ years back, anyone can recommend?

PS: Wifey will be following, so don't recommend does ahem hor laugh.gif

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Bridgestone18
  • Bridgestone18
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

den u not only bang c--k but also bang balls. hahahaha.

for me the must do is massage and simple thai food like mango salad, part thai and roast pork. simple food is da best. wash down with beer then walk around relak drink ice lemon tea drink ice kopi do a bit shopping, go temple pray pray. take things slow. bangkok chais very swee btw esp the college girls.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

Scb11980
  • Scb11980
    Banned

Hi Bros, i will be going to BKK from 27th May-1st June since Thai Airways has a very good offer, will be staying at Grand China Princess Along Yaowarat Road, the last time i go to bkk was 2+ years back, anyone can recommend?

why dont stay at grande centre point hotel and residence sukhumvit - terminal 21
new and siok siok

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://www.somboonseafood.com/

try the curry crab. its fantastic!!!
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

GummyGummy
  • GummyGummy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If u like meats, then I recommend the restaurant below.
That time my thai friends brought me to this place for dinner...great if u are a meat lover.
other than meats, also got seafood and veges for bbq...
price wise I think less than S$20 per pax...

King Kong Japanese Table BBQ (Eat-all-u-can until u puke...hehehe)
Address: Soi Lang Suan, Ploenchit Rd., Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Phone number+66 (0) 2254 5177 (must reserve table coz always full, I heard from my Thai friends they will release table even if u are late for 10mins for your reservation...sleep.gif)

And yeah Somboon Seafood is another good choice :p

Edited by GummyGummy, 17 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

Subutai
  • Premium member
    Subutai
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Just came back from 1 week work trip.

Since you staying in Yaowarat (chinatown), look for bird nest, shark fins and glass noodle crabs in those chinese restaurants (can't remember.

Go MBK for look look and platinum fashion mall (more for ladies clothing).

There is also rail service from airport to city. Not fast but cheaper than cab if you don't have much luggage.
http://www.bangkokairporttrain.com/
Keeping quiet doesn't mean that I agree with you, it means I am evaluating you.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

I-LOVE-CARS
  • I-LOVE-CARS
    6th Gear
    Author Image

why dont stay at grande centre point hotel and residence sukhumvit - terminal 21
new and siok siok

Terminal 21 quite ex leh, i asked before and with air tickets, it will go up to>2K knife.gif

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

I-LOVE-CARS
  • I-LOVE-CARS
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just came back from 1 week work trip.

Since you staying in Yaowarat (chinatown), look for bird nest, shark fins and glass noodle crabs in those chinese restaurants (can't remember.

Go MBK for look look and platinum fashion mall (more for ladies clothing).

There is also rail service from airport to city. Not fast but cheaper than cab if you don't have much luggage.
http://www.bangkokairporttrain.com/

hmm, i also want to try the airport rail, but this time i will be travelling with quite a few luggage <1 Big, 2 small and 2 backpacks> btw are there any aircraft model store around BKK?

laugh.gif

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

I-LOVE-CARS
  • I-LOVE-CARS
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That time my thai friends brought me to this place for dinner...great if u are a meat lover.

Address: Soi Lang Suan, Ploenchit Rd., Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Phone number+66 (0) 2254 5177 (must reserve table coz always full, I heard from my Thai friends they will release table even if u are late for 10mins for your reservation...sleep.gif)

JAP Food, hmmm will try to reserve when i get there, how long much you book in advance?

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go MBK for massage.

Coca Restaurant at Central World, level 6. Twice cheaper as compared with Coca in Singapore.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Salmon
  • Salmon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Makan
T&K Seafood (decent and cheap)
49-51 Soi Phadung Dao | Chinatown, Bangkok, Thailand

MK Gold (Try their premium beef...siok!)

Seafood (If you are adventurous)
Nathong

Massage
HealthLand Spa (confirm clean, I brought my kids along too)

Bangkok night scene
Sirocco, The Dome at Lebua (you can go there for a drink and enjoy the view).

That's what I do when I'm there. Hope that helps.

Also....
See beautiful ah gua
Patpong, I think at Kings I or II (this one I visited long ago)
They are really pretty!

Edited by Salmon, 17 May 2012 - 01:02 PM.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Salmon
  • Salmon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Becareful of fake Somboon restaurant, especially when you take a cab. Some cabs might take you to the fake ones and you'll get carrot head by them.

FAKE SOMBOON

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

Bridgestone18
  • Bridgestone18
    Clutched
    Author Image

I usually stay around MBK much easier. Almost everything is there. All the food is quite nice. No need find the best I think, Very ma fan.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

hmm, i also want to try the airport rail, but this time i will be travelling with quite a few luggage <1 Big, 2 small and 2 backpacks> btw are there any aircraft model store around BKK?

laugh.gif

My friend who's a fan of airplane models just came back from BKK and he took the train from airport to hotel.

His comments are :

1) No escalators up to train station, he and his wife gotta carry their stuff up.
2) The models are much ex than here, he often go to HKG to shop for these as it's cheaper.
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

GummyGummy
  • GummyGummy
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

JAP Food, hmmm will try to reserve when i get there, how long much you book in advance?

Hehehe I think if u call on the actual day afternoon is ok, if u are going for dinner in the evening...
but to be safe maybe u can book 1 day in advance?
(Sorry I am not 100% sure coz I wasn't the one to do the reservation that time, I only in charge of going there and EAT EAT EAT)
Anyway it's not Japanese food as in Sashimi, Sushi hor..it's Table BBQ....over charcoal...not very smoky.... :P

Oh ya as Salmon had pointed out, do be careful of fake Somboon...
Check out the outlets (they have 5) on their website www.somboonseafood.com

I think it doesn't really matter where u stay, u can always go all over the place to eat coz taxi fares are cheap there :)
But most taxi drivers don't speak English, so it's better if u ask your hotel recept to write your destination in Thai on a piece of paper, and show to the cab driver...or some better hotels will actually speak to the driver to tell them where u wanna go...

If clubbing is your game, then go cheong at night at http://www.bangkok.c...tchadapisek.htm
I like Slim(R&B) & Flix(Electro/House) hehehe

Edited by GummyGummy, 17 May 2012 - 01:42 PM.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Massage, hot spa lor.... those clean where male & female can go.

later tell wife that you have book for her a 5 hrs beauty spa and you go back to room whilst she having her beauty spa... sly.gif

All you need is to tell the 'Bellboy' you need a service in room. They will arrange for you.. inlove.gif

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahaha was about to recommend to you a place "dont need to do anything" (but actually busy other things)..... No Hands Restaurant tongue.gif

Edited by Sunny, 17 May 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Massage, hot spa lor.... those clean where male & female can go.

later tell wife that you have book for her a 5 hrs beauty spa and you go back to room whilst she having her beauty spa... sly.gif

All you need is to tell the 'Bellboy' you need a service in room. They will arrange for you.. inlove.gif

This reminds me of my friend who put his wife into a massage session of 4 hrs and quickly 'chiong' to the 'playground' for his turn of 'massage'..... lipsrsealed.gif laugh.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Scb11980
  • Scb11980
    Banned

Terminal 21 quite ex leh, i asked before and with air tickets, it will go up to>2K knife.gif

i have already booked
too late

but will report when i return

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Scb11980
  • Scb11980
    Banned

http://www.somboonseafood.com/

try the curry crab. its fantastic!!!

there are better places than somboon
furthermore they only take cash

it is over-rated