Car horns question

Mllcg

Hypersonic

Whereever you install the horns, make sure the relay is installed together.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Yeah, always go to a reputable shop to do it.

Wow! Turned out to be worst than thought.......but did the ws mentioned how the steering wiring goes nuts? :blink:

wear and tear. -_-

Yeah, always go to a reputable shop to do it.

Yes !! I rather pay more for a reputable ws. I regret do it at Jb. End up they mess out my wiring. Vomit blood.

4th Gear

wear and tear. -_-

May I know how old is your ride?

Not sure one day during emergency want to press the horn but it failed boh......... [sweatdrop]

May I know how old is your ride?

Not sure one day during emergency want to press the horn but it failed boh......... [sweatdrop]

bypass le.

now got secondary button.

my car 12 years old

actually not really that crucial. My ex-car I DIYed the horn and did not use the relay. Still working fine after 4/5 years ^_^

Hypersonic

actually not really that crucial. My ex-car I DIYed the horn and did not use the relay. Still working fine after 4/5 years ^_^

If your car originally came with 2 horns, then a direct replacement is fine. But if it came with only 1 horn, it's better to be installed together with the relay. Yr ex-car came with 1 or 2 horns?

Twincharged

The relay is not needed for the horn to work. But then if the horn uses more power you might burn the fuse thats connected to the switch though. Normally won't burn cuz when you horn only short time. Usually 1-2s most. Without relay with those higher powered horns you try and hold down for 10-15s your horn might not be working after that.

Twincharged

bought a pair of $15 china/taiwanese horns at Autobacs ... DIY installed .... lasted me abt 5 presses only !!

then bought a pair of hellas like yours on Ebay for $27 and DIY them again. so far still working.

I fixed them just behind the front bumper.

If your car originally came with 2 horns, then a direct replacement is fine. But if it came with only 1 horn, it's better to be installed together with the relay. Yr ex-car came with 1 or 2 horns?

both my ex-car and current came with 1 horn only. I spliced the wire and connected the 2nd horn. "touch wood" but so far so good [:)]

The relay is not needed for the horn to work. But then if the horn uses more power you might burn the fuse thats connected to the switch though. Normally won't burn cuz when you horn only short time. Usually 1-2s most. Without relay with those higher powered horns you try and hold down for 10-15s your horn might not be working after that.

yup, that's why I say not crucial. [cool] Anyway, cos I look at the diagram and blur like sotong. So discarded the relay and just connected the 2 horns in the most direct manner :D

Hypersonic

both my ex-car and current came with 1 horn only. I spliced the wire and connected the 2nd horn. "touch wood" but so far so good [:)]

Hope it stays that way. But as bro nzy said, if you presss the horn for extended time without the relay, the fuse will blow.

Hypersonic

Actually for those who want the easier way, just pay $35 at Autotrend Toa Payoh and you can install the Stebel Magnum 2 horns with relay.

Swift worse, minnie mouse [bigcry]

yeah .... never underestimate the POWER of twin-horn. In my mum's Swift, I horn horn horn until pekcek cos even scooter cannot hear me. After changed to Stebel Magnum II, I still remember vividly - BMW 5 series cutting into my lane, gave a good press and that bugger quickly swerved back !! [laugh] So the safety aspect of having LOUD and AUDIBLE horns cannot be emphasized more.....

Actually for those who want the easier way, just pay $35 at Autotrend Toa Payoh and you can install the Stebel Magnum 2 horns with relay.

That's really cheap !! If I knew abt this would not go through the trouble :wacko: Thanks for the headup !

↡ Advertisement