Car horns question

Mllcg

hi all,

driving a toyota wish 2010. notice a pair of disc horns just behind the grille. It should be using stock Denso disc horns.

My question is if it is a pair, it gotta come with relay already. Since this way, can I just simply change to a pair of Hella Disc horn. I meant Plug and Play style. Remove the old pair, change a new pair.....

Can advice me at

[email protected]

I'm using the hella one in the picture. Not using any relay. Just don't blast horn...

↡ Advertisement

I'm using the hella one in the picture. Not using any relay. Just don't blast horn...

tks for replying Deckbuild.

seriously u using w/o relay, these super tone is at 118db.....

got some queries:-

• Does it drain the car batteries,
  • During inspection,do they look at the horns?
  • Using w/o relay..will it spoil any of the car's circuitry?
  • Boss, what car u driving?

I bought a pair of Blu Electromagnetic Horns (does not come with relay),is 118db (same as the Hella but size not so big), should be able to use on my car????? Is the disc type....

Any advice???

post-31726-0-76875400-1397927729_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kungfu

If it is too loud, you may run the risk of triggering some siao lan's psycho condition and have him coming over to break you windscreen!

that i dun deny.....i rarely uses the horn....sometime maybe tap high beam....

that i dun deny.....i rarely uses the horn....sometime maybe tap high beam....

Arrrgh.....morning happy happy go to car want to install the Blu Thunder horns. Took out my Toyota Wish horns........alamak........my horns plug in this way and thus exchanged the horns for other items.

Any aftermarket horns that plug in this way???? Otherwise gotta stick to stock, will get a new pair from Toyota stockist lor :( :(

The brand is Maruko

Dun want to do any modifications.

post-31726-0-84988800-1397968271_thumb.jpg

post-31726-0-23016900-1397968279_thumb.jpg

post-31726-0-40816100-1397968309_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kungfu

Finally found a Toyota Premium horn,for simple Plug & Play. Part - 08522-60010

Will visit Toyota stockist.

Anyone knows the specs for this, like the sound db???

Price???

post-31726-0-28598900-1397978174_thumb.jpg

post-31726-0-32047400-1397978189_thumb.jpg

post-31726-0-39689100-1397978208_thumb.jpg

post-31726-0-17883500-1397978245_thumb.jpg

I bought a pair of Blu Electromagnetic Horns (does not come with relay),is 118db (same as the Hella but size not so big), should be able to use on my car????? Is the disc type....

Any advice???

• Does it drain the car batteries, (no idea as I don't use it while engine off)
  • During inspection,do they look at the horns? (no they don't)
  • Using w/o relay..will it spoil any of the car's circuitry? (If you blast, it might melt the cable due to slightly higher wattage)
  • Boss, what car u driving? (Prius C)

If it is too loud, you may run the risk of triggering some siao lan's psycho condition and have him coming over to break you windscreen!

If it's siao lang, no matter what horn also will kena la, this morning just kena 2 bugger, see other signal and accelerate, the other see him accelerate still die die change lane and jam brake. Nice entertainment early in the morning.

• Using w/o relay..will it spoil any of the car's circuitry? (If you blast, it might melt the cable due to slightly higher wattage)

If it's siao lang, no matter what horn also will kena la, this morning just kena 2 bugger, see other signal and accelerate, the other see him accelerate still die die change lane and jam brake. Nice entertainment early in the morning.

Bopian, gotta use back the stock horn for my Toyota Wish, install a Denso Toyota Fortuner horn but sucks......

Bopian, gotta use back the stock horn for my Toyota Wish, install a Denso Toyota Fortuner horn but sucks......

Maybe you can try the Hella Supertone, reason why I go for it because the horn sound are piercing, it can pierce into those luxury cars that are equip with better sound insulation.

Anyway horn are for emergency purpose, don't really care it sound nice or not.

Spinergy Concepts Pte Ltd

Blk 9002 Tampines St 93

#02-40, S528836

www.spinergyconcepts.com

Stebel Magnum II (electric horns with relay and mounting brackets)

RRP$20.00 per set (pair) C & C only.

Office: 67862809 (by appointment)

Any advice???

Am driving a 2011 Wish. Changed my stock horn to Blu Omega horns. No problem in mounting them on my car.

Hi, anyone has any recommendation for workshop that repair horn? My problem is when I press, sometimes have sound, sometimes no sound. When I turn my steering wheel either to left or right, then have sound when I press. If I'm driving straight or steering wheel in straight position. It will not have sound. I narrow down to spiral cable or clockspring in steering assembly spoil. Any recommendation for repair is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, anyone has any recommendation for workshop that repair horn? My problem is when I press, sometimes have sound, sometimes no sound. When I turn my steering wheel either to left or right, then have sound when I press. If I'm driving straight or steering wheel in straight position. It will not have sound. I narrow down to spiral cable or clockspring in steering assembly spoil. Any recommendation for repair is very much appreciated. Thanks.

I have the same problem as yours. The mechanic said the problem doesn't lie with the horn but the contact at the steering wheel where the pad is being pressed. This is why at certain angle or position, the horn does not honk.

Have you solved your problem?

I was quoted $200+ to replace the pad.

I have the same problem as yours. The mechanic said the problem doesn't lie with the horn but the contact at the steering wheel where the pad is being pressed. This is why at certain angle or position, the horn does not honk.

It is around there. The parts itself cost around $180 for my car.

You can even install push sw at 3 or 9 o clock position modify it, no more at the central if budget don't allow

Supercharged

You can even install push sw at 3 or 9 o clock position modify it, no more at the central if budget don't allow

Know of a workshop where I can do this? My Sylphy's horn also mati coz of the spiral cable. 

Was told horn bypass (with a separate switch) is workable. LTA- and inspection-friendly? 

↡ Advertisement