Chery Singapore launch new model - Fulwin 2

Stooky

Hi guys,

please do not use the price quoted on the website.

The current promotion for the vehicle is 62K for OPC. And please get the hatchback. It looks damn nice. Normal plate is 79K.

Reviews in China says it extremely reliable and durable, good as a B&B car. As for me, i am driving a Chery T11. I would say Chery cars (except QQ) is

as reliable as Jap cars. Except for the plastics in the car.....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

LOL, who will buy sia?!

I don't mine buying if COE drops to 2006 level (around $12,000/-).

Nice looking and spare parts can easily get cos can request relatives in China to get it since I go back to hometown twice a year.... -_-

Saw this model in China & driven one of my relatives car and not bad sitting inside. I was wondering will it be coming to SG and since now it is here, the only stopping to buying one is that stupid COE... [mad]

I like this model.

post-21853-1337655059_thumb.jpg

[drivingcar][drivingcar]

Edited by Picnic06
  • Praise 2

can buy second hand merc or beemer. At least dont get laffed at

Drive MIC cars will get laffed at? Is it so?

And if you really get laughed at, why would you get offended by it? Ego?

My china suv has been very reliable, durable and sturdy. It may not be fast, but definitely it will outlast any of the Volkswagen car. A couple of my good friends whom got the Touran and Golf are now having lots of issues on their DSG gearbox after travelling 15000 - 18000 km...ridiculous, as reliable as our public transport i say.

Well compared to another group whom also owns the same T11 suv as mine, one even breach 140000km after 4 years and the only thing he had change are the tires, rear shocks (70000 km coz a bit bumpy) and the exhaust bracket (lanja at rear kerb)...he yet to do a second timing belt change (again, manual say every 60km must change) though there was no issue.

As for the rest of the other T11 owners except for one, no major issues ever occur on our T11. Reliability never been an issue for most of Chery vehicles (except the retarded selespeed QQ)

Plus i bought mine at 41k OPC on June 2010...love it every single moment

• Praise 2

Drive MIC cars will get laffed at? Is it so?

And if you really get laughed at, why would you get offended by it? Ego?

My china suv has been very reliable, durable and sturdy. It may not be fast, but definitely it will outlast any of the Volkswagen car. A couple of my good friends whom got the Touran and Golf are now having lots of issues on their DSG gearbox after travelling 15000 - 18000 km...ridiculous, as reliable as our public transport i say.

Well compared to another group whom also owns the same T11 suv as mine, one even breach 140000km after 4 years and the only thing he had change are the tires, rear shocks (70000 km coz a bit bumpy) and the exhaust bracket (lanja at rear kerb)...he yet to do a second timing belt change (again, manual say every 60km must change) though there was no issue.

As for the rest of the other T11 owners except for one, no major issues ever occur on our T11. Reliability never been an issue for most of Chery vehicles (except the retarded selespeed QQ)

Plus i bought mine at 41k OPC on June 2010...love it every single moment

:D:D:D so defensive... [:)]

• Praise 4

If car manufacturers can design really nice cars, give it decent quality, it'll sell universally.

I don't know about VW problems, but I just find their cars a little too staid and predictable.......

Chery still has a lot to catch up on if they wanna be up Hyundai's tail.....

• Praise 3

If car manufacturers can design really nice cars, give it decent quality, it'll sell universally.

I don't know about VW problems, but I just find their cars a little too staid and predictable.......

Chery still has a lot to catch up on if they wanna be up Hyundai's tail.....

Anyway, those models imported to SG not a full models available in China. There are more models in China and they are really good and most of them are above 2000cc.

We only see mostly of Chery in SG and less of other MIC vehicles but in China, there are so many cars manufactures in China.

Anyway, those models imported to SG not a full models available in China. There are more models in China and they are really good and most of them are above 2000cc.

We only see mostly of Chery in SG and less of other MIC vehicles but in China, there are so many cars manufactures in China.

Yes you are right. Kindly research on a china car brand called Great wall....look at the varieties they had....wonderful but too bad it would not be seen here due to some reasons.

Chery Sg seems to have issues bringing in new models. Take for example of the new Fulwin 2. It is launched in China almost 2 and half yrs ago and now then it appears here.

The model that i had been anticipating for is the Chery T11 1.6 Turbo. But it would be very unlikely to reach to our shore, instead news of a 1.6 Auto version of T11 is coming. s--t, who wants that, it is not even AWD..

MIC cars are not that bad, it is just the perception that people here had..

• Praise 1

:D:D:D so defensive... [:)]

I am sorry bro. Just that if you insult something that i like, i had to argue back in some way ma....correct or not...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Test drove the Fulwin 2 1.5L hatchback manual recently. A vast improvement from the Geely CK and Chery A168.

Pros

- Rather spacious interior, with reasonably good rear leg room for those <1.75m tall.

- Deep, spacious boot

- Minimal body roll - hardly felt

- Value for money at $78K (incl COE, 6 bids, all bookings had COE secured todate), or $7.5K annual dep. OMV is $6K

- Good steering feel and road feedback

- Good low end torque and engine does not sound strained

- Engine sounds rather refined for a China made car, and is relatively quiet

- Comes with 3+2 year, 100K km warranty = 3 years on parts and 2 year free labour for servicing

- Facelifted version looks modern - http://www.carnewschina.com/2012/11/24/facelifted-chery-fulwin-2-debuts-at-the-guangzhou-auto-show/ *Photos seen in sgcarmart are the non facelifted version

Cons

- Stiff gear changes that is accompanied by a "kiak" sound with every gear change

- No feel of clutch free play. Too soft

- Air con vents are placed too low

- Small, micro dashboard meter readings

- Cloth upholstery design looks dated

- Seats do not provide good support

For a China made car, it is a leap frog improvement in built and engine quality, although it still falls short of Japanese standards. To compare, the 2006 Chery QQ & A168 and Geely CK are like the Hyundai Pony of the early 80s, and the Chery Fulwin 2, like the Hyundai Accent of today.

Would I buy? Yes, a safe bet as COE value is high ($55K COE for a $78K car), and in event of total loss or resale, high paper value is assured. In any case, a trade-in Jap car is taken in by dealers at paper value, despite the hefty premium paid.

*Salesman claims the ACTECO engine used in the Fulwin 2 is developed in house and is shared with Fiat and Alfa Romeo.

post-27974-0-04712900-1438429486_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-11430000-1438429497_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng

Test drove the Fulwin 2 1.5L hatchback manual recently. A vast improvement from the Geely CK and Chery A168.

Pros

- Rather spacious interior, with reasonably good rear leg room for those <1.75m tall.

- Deep, spacious boot

- Minimal body roll - hardly felt

- Value for money at $78K (incl COE, 6 bids, all bookings had COE secured todate), or $7.5K annual dep. OMV is $6K

- Good steering feel and road feedback

- Good low end torque and engine does not sound strained

- Engine sounds rather refined for a China made car, and is relatively quiet

- Comes with 3+2 year, 100K km warranty = 3 years on parts and 2 year free labour for servicing

- Facelifted version looks modern - http://www.carnewschina.com/2012/11/24/facelifted-chery-fulwin-2-debuts-at-the-guangzhou-auto-show/ *Photos seen in sgcarmart are the non facelifted version

Cons

- Stiff gear changes that is accompanied by a "kiak" sound with every gear change

- No feel of clutch free play. Too soft

- Air con vents are placed too low

- Small, micro dashboard meter readings

- Cloth upholstery design looks dated

- Seats do not provide good support

For a China made car, it is a leap frog improvement in built and engine quality, although it still falls short of Japanese standards. To compare, the 2006 Chery QQ & A168 and Geely CK are like the Hyundai Pony of the early 80s, and the Chery Fulwin 2, like the Hyundai Accent of today.

Would I buy? Yes, a safe bet as COE value is high ($55K COE for a $78K car), and in event of total loss or resale, high paper value is assured. In any case, a trade-in Jap car is taken in by dealers at paper value, despite the hefty premium paid.

*Salesman claims the ACTECO engine used in the Fulwin 2 is developed in house and is shared with Fiat and Alfa Romeo.

Is the speedometer from the 80s? Fulwin 2 is like the Accent today? err... no comments, you like can already.

Turbocharged

The most "affordable" car in Singapore.

Next cheapest cars cost $11K more - Mitsubishi Attrage and Nissan Note.

post-27974-0-88066800-1469243464_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Very interesting car Thread:-

All the supporkers remains Anonymous

All the nay sayers also remain Anonymous

So I oso join in  [laugh]  Seems very sensitive both ways [smash]

Maybe Moderators @Jman888 or @Radx or others can give this thread the most Anonymous Award [:p]  Thread

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Most car owners in Singapore keep their cars for only 10 years anyway.

Dont see why this Fulwin cant last 10 years when there are still many Channa, Hafei, Wuling, Geely and Chery running on the roads here.

Straight line dep $7.4K a yr for a brand new car with 5 yr warranty makes more sense than getting those 10 yr old Cars with renewed 5 yr COE at $8K annual dep, unknown history, annual inspection, 50% Rd tax surcharge.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement