New Renault Grand Scenic Diesel

Schell31

Just a general question, how do we know if the diesel is suitable for Euro 5 car?

IMO, all diesel from refinery should meet international standard on sulphur content.

The company must remove sulphur from the product.

It has to be ultra low sulphur diesel (ULSD) which has less than 50ppm IIRC. Singapore's diesel is ULSD. Malaysia's is low sulphur diesel (LSD) which has less than 500ppm.

Was researching it last night.

There is no such thing as Euro 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 diesel fuel. There are Euro 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 diesel engines which can meet the requirements of these standards.

For diesel fuel standards please see http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/eu/fuel.php

So technically if a vehicle can use diesel fuel standard 1996.10 (A maximum sulfur limit of 0.05% (wt.) = 500 ppm for diesel fuel) and meet the emission standards for Euro 5, then its a Euro 5 vehicle

Have to see if I can get a hand on the owners manual for the GSD and see what the max sulfur levels it states we can use instead or relying on the SA

Shell Singapore website indicates that Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel is sold locally. It is only Euro 4.

If Grand Scenic Disesel is Euro 5 standard, will there be any issues?

This car new model had been selling for a year plus. Not much user review in Singapore...

I just manage saw one or two Grand Scenic ( petrol 2.0 or Diesel) on the road so far....

any users' comments?

• Praise 1

Get this in writing, according to some, it IS a problem.

The euro 5s require ultra low suplhur diesel - malaysian diesel has a high sulphur content.

Some are saying that pumping Malaysian diesel may void warranty.

Will be the fuel filter's job to filter out the excess sulphur, then get choked with sulphur ?

So change the fuel filter earlier only right?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Just test drove the Grand Scenic 1.5dCi. Facelift model due soon (only changes to the grille).

240Nm more than enough to cope with 1517kg. The standard features are good too. Panoramic Sunroof, rear seat DVD individual screen, rear sun blinds, 6 airbags, dual zone air cond, etc....

The 6EDC (Efficient Dual Clutch) gearbox does its job well. At start stop traffic, can't feel the shifts.

Overall, a good car. Current promo price $149,999.

21km/L sure is tempting!

But to fit 7 full sized adults in the car, need to compromise legroom from first and middle row passengers to fit people in the 3rd row.

There's a 5yrs 100,000km warranty thrown in now too.

Edited by Proton_neutron
  • Praise 2

Just test drove the Grand Scenic 1.5dCi. Facelift model due soon (only changes to the grille).

240Nm more than enough to cope with 1517kg. The standard features are good too. Panoramic Sunroof, rear seat DVD individual screen, rear sun blinds, 6 airbags, dual zone air cond, etc....

The 6EDC (Efficient Dual Clutch) gearbox does its job well. At start stop traffic, can't feel the shifts.

Overall, a good car. Current promo price $149,999.

21km/L sure is tempting!

But to fit 7 full sized adults in the car, need to compromise legroom from first and middle row passengers to fit people in the 3rd row.

There's a 5yrs 100,000km warranty thrown in now too.

Can also consider the all new C4GP 1.5 diesel turbo, promo now at 139k come with 5 yrs 100k warranty and 3 yrs free servicing...

• Praise 1

Can also consider the all new C4GP 1.5 diesel turbo, promo now at 139k come with 5 yrs 100k warranty and 3 yrs free servicing...

I thought it was 1.6HDi 115bhp with EGS2 gearbox? I tested the C4 HDi. The ride was smooth, but its an automated manual gearbox. In this day and age, still have such old and rough technology? Buay sai lah.

Plus Citroen C4GP new model look coming (its ugly on the outside, but interior dashboard more swee).

I prefer the Renault Grand Scenic dCi leh!

Neutral Newbie

Sat on my friend's dad scenic before. Inside quite ok, the features, infotainment system. Got gps those, just that the sound abit taxi like lo. Other than that, the rest is ok. Smooth ride.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

but it come wif the spastic semi-auto GB......... [shakehead]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Once you adapt to it, it can be very fun in manual mode...

aiyo.....buy car hv to re-learn / adapt to the GB one?? [dizzy][dizzy] liddat i'll stick wif a conventional, tried-n-tested auto w torque converter.

if a successful giant like vw can't even get it's DSG to work properly, i doubt the french can..... [:p]

Yes, on theory but anyone have any ideas if the batteries inside the electric car really eco friendly as well. If I remember correctly, batteries for electric car does have its fair share of environment impact as well. For example, electricity is need to charge the batteries and where does the electricity comes from? Nuclear power stations? Coal power stations? Hydro-turbines stations? How about the disposal of batteries? How does that affect the whole environment? Lead based batteries especially.

ride a horse then

Once you adapt to it, it can be very fun in manual mode...

Yeah, 'nice' gearbox once adapted, though I still prefer manual override function from a conventional torque converter or DSG/ DCT. But the poor engines in Citroen =(

Renault will be coming out with the new Grand Espace soon! Looking out for it!!!

W used to have an AMT Trafic minibus for ferrying customers. Was surprised that there's no jerkiness even though there's engine braking. Quite cool to be seated in an AMT vehicle with AMT tranny with pleasant sound of engine braking every now and then, yet without the jerkiness.

Now, they used the CVT Fluence to ferry customers. Missed the Trafic.

Yeah, 'nice' gearbox once adapted, though I still prefer manual override function from a conventional torque converter or DSG/ DCT. But the poor engines in Citroen =(

Renault will be coming out with the new Grand Espace soon! Looking out for it!!!

↡ Advertisement