New Renault Grand Scenic Diesel

Schell31

Hypersonic

Ya it is very nice.. I parked beside my S60 and it looks better than my S60. my scenic seats are orange brownish color and it looks elegant with head rest ICE.. the really down side is the taxi sound alike.

Bro,

Post some photo leh.

↡ Advertisement

different school of thoughts. the purpose of the hole puncher design basically is to allow more space for the third row ppl to get in because you can flip up and also to allow you to remove the entire second row seats. the sliding don't allow you to do that. you can see such design mainly on conti car not Asian car. .

1. AFAIK ONLY renault Scenic has the hole puncher 2nd row, no other MPV or SUV has it, Jap or Conti.

2. The hole puncher design seems to show it is an after-thought to add a third row to a van design or plain cost cutting, nothing to to do with better 3rd row entry. Go see citroen, puggeot etc u can see how they compress n stack the 2nd row to back of 1st row for even bigger access space to 3rd row with no hole punchers. AFAIK these 2 brands and quite some other branda can totally flatten their 2nd n 3rd rows as well, without removing the 2nd row! (Needing to remove seats are troublesome n have to store at home - is a weakness not a strength)

3. Safety can never be compromised. 1 mishap and the medical cost to recover from such injury could potentially cost more than the car. This safety issue could cause an innocent child to be scarred for life. Hope my observation can help save some child's foot. 1 child saved is 1 child saved. Be safe. Cheers.

• Dislike 1

Supercharged

1. AFAIK ONLY renault Scenic has the hole puncher 2nd row, no other MPV or SUV has it, Jap or Conti.

2. The hole puncher design seems to show it is an after-thought to add a third row to a van design or plain cost cutting, nothing to to do with better 3rd row entry. Go see citroen, puggeot etc u can see how they compress n stack the 2nd row to back of 1st row for even bigger access space to 3rd row with no hole punchers. AFAIK these 2 brands and quite some other branda can totally flatten their 2nd n 3rd rows as well, without removing the 2nd row! (Needing to remove seats are troublesome n have to store at home - is a weakness not a strength)

3. Safety can never be compromised. 1 mishap and the medical cost to recover from such injury could potentially cost more than the car. This safety issue could cause an innocent child to be scarred for life. Hope my observation can help save some child's foot. 1 child saved is 1 child saved. Be safe. Cheers.

1. If I am not wrong I think orlando also have. I went to the show room before. same way of flipping up.

2. well it does allow better entry to the third room. nothing to deny. I owe a wish before and now scenic. my other friends owe stream. we all find it better. yes you are right to say this could be a design flaw but who cares.

3. anything can be dangerous if you don't follow instruction. doors can also be dangerous. owe a car also dangerous but your point note and good advice but doesn't mean it is no good not because I owe a scenic but rather whether it suit ones needs.

I went to see in the flesh this afternoon.. Informed only got 2 units left after which new stocks will come in Sept with facelift (change dash of hu + logo or grill), best is Sept will be 4k more. Current price still good though.. Didn't test drive as not really full hearted to change rides so dont want to get bitten much, just want to see the interior. Best part after a bit of talk with the SE they made an offer which is quite good meaning above outstanding loan as trade in value for my current car.. Good thing wife is around got check and balance.. If not maybe already signed :)

1. If I am not wrong I think orlando also have. I went to the show room before. same way of flipping up.

2. well it does allow better entry to the third room. nothing to deny. I owe a wish before and now scenic. my other friends owe stream. we all find it better. yes you are right to say this could be a design flaw but who cares.

3. anything can be dangerous if you don't follow instruction. doors can also be dangerous. owe a car also dangerous but your point note and good advice but doesn't mean it is no good not because I owe a scenic but rather whether it suit ones needs.

Since you already own the car should just enjoy it. Not every owner uses the 3rd row I guess. Just take care when need to. To some safety can be compromised some can't, different folk different stroke. Didn't know Orlando got the same 2nd row design. Anyway thanks for sharing.

Supercharged

I went to see in the flesh this afternoon.. Informed only got 2 units left after which new stocks will come in Sept with facelift (change dash of hu + logo or grill), best is Sept will be 4k more. Current price still good though.. Didn't test drive as not really full hearted to change rides so dont want to get bitten much, just want to see the interior. Best part after a bit of talk with the SE they made an offer which is quite good meaning above outstanding loan as trade in value for my current car.. Good thing wife is around got check and balance.. If not maybe already signed :)

Just to share , you have to take note of the cevs which I think is 15k so in general is 7.5k must be added if want to calculate the depreciation. Btw after driving for 200km. My fuel tanks still show full. Good saving

thanks for sharing. nice!

Ya.. I like the walk away auto lock good when my hands are full

White colour look very good.

Wrx blue is also nice

Hypersonic

I was in EXPO and saw this car. Very impress with the built quality and equipment level.

Supercharged

I was in EXPO and saw this car. Very impress with the built quality and equipment level.

Yes I fully agreed. I owned it for two weeks and simply love it. Also help to control my patient as the car can't chong and always stay in second lane. Fuel consumption is good and the ride is good. How much are they selling

Hypersonic

Yes I fully agreed. I owned it for two weeks and simply love it. Also help to control my patient as the car can't chong and always stay in second lane. Fuel consumption is good and the ride is good. How much are they selling

$129,999.

The 1.5L engine is my main concern. I had driven many turbo diesel, 1.6L & 2.0L in Germany. But all are using manual GB. So no problem on acceleration and over taking. Even on Autobann. But the grand scenic is using auto gear. Performance will be affected.

it's automated manual/efficient dual clutch aka DSG, not the slush box.

$129,999.
The 1.5L engine is my main concern. I had driven many turbo diesel, 1.6L & 2.0L in Germany. But all are using manual GB. So no problem on acceleration and over taking. Even on Autobann. But the grand scenic is using auto gear. Performance will be affected.

Hypersonic

it's automated manual/efficient dual clutch aka DSG, not the slush box.

I know is DSG. But the power is only 115bhp, even though the torque is 270Nm. The quote timing for 0-100km/h is 14.3sec.

Some how I feel that a 2.0L turbo diesel will be more suitable for this car weight.

Supercharged

$129,999.

it is 100% affected but ok for me as this is a family weekend car with kids inside so have to drive more patiently. I have hoping to achieve 1000km per tank as stated. now into second tank and so far so good 200km still no drop in the fuel indicator.

I know is DSG. But the power is only 115bhp, even though the torque is 270Nm. The quote timing for 0-100km/h is 14.3sec.

Some how I feel that a 2.0L turbo diesel will be more suitable for this car weight.

honestly I think it is still ok with the 1.5l. go for test drive. quite ok even with full load.