New Renault Grand Scenic Diesel

Schell31

Hi, I got for $125499.00 with in-house insurance. SE gave me solar film, floor mat and 2 way camera.

congrats! 20" tyres will be costly  [nosebleed]

↡ Advertisement

Hi, i am going to test drive the new gs 2016 this weekend.

I have asked around in other workshops and was told not to touch Citroen and Renault as they gave a lot of problems.

Can anyone out there advise if it is really true?

Any drivers out there with more than 5 yrs old gs? Any issues so far? Like carbon clogging in engine for diesel cars.

What is the maintenance like? e.g cost, common replacement parts, engine oil, brake pads, etc.

Hope to hear from gs owners. Many Thanks!

No issues so far with my 2yrs GS, mileage coming to 60k. Have recently changed brake pads at $150. 

congrats! 20" tyres will be costly [nosebleed]

Haha that's the down side but it look really nice as a whole for this model. Maybe change a pair at a time instead of all 4 tyre. Currently there are 3 brand: conti, Goodyear and Bridgestone.

Congrats!! Keep the feedback coming when you get your car [thumbsup]

Is this the only thread on Renault cars discussion? Cant seem to find others. Never imagine myself to be an owner of Renault cars as I am looking at Hyundai, Kia, Mazda and Citroen.

Haha that's the down side but it look really nice as a whole for this model. Maybe change a pair at a time instead of all 4 tyre. Currently there are 3 brand: conti, Goodyear and Bridgestone.

Is this the only thread on Renault cars discussion? Cant seem to find others. Never imagine myself to be an owner of Renault cars as I am looking at Hyundai, Kia, Mazda and Citroen.

U can do a search but since u bought this particular model, makes sense u stick to this thread n hopefully more buyers may come in to add their comments n u guys can then have a fruitful discussion, cheers! Edited by Spring
  • Praise 7

Supercharged

Hi, i am going to test drive the new gs 2016 this weekend.

I have asked around in other workshops and was told not to touch Citroen and Renault as they gave a lot of problems.

Can anyone out there advise if it is really true?

Any drivers out there with more than 5 yrs old gs? Any issues so far? Like carbon clogging in engine for diesel cars.

What is the maintenance like? e.g cost, common replacement parts, engine oil, brake pads, etc.

Hope to hear from gs owners. Many Thanks!

that was old school thoughts. ppl also say korean car cannot last time but now u see everywhere on road. i used to owned a GS for 2+year. workhorse no issue and the service center service excellent. send me home and pick me again to collect car. where to find. the main problem would be resale value. you can forget about selling ..i have a hard time changing , either AD dont want or extreme low price paper value. only wearnes will give u sligthly better pricing 

Hi. Can share what package, free gifts, discounts you got? Considering to get this elegant ride too. Slight concern on the size of the wheels though.

now is 5yr warranty and 3yrs servicing. asked for 5yrs..can be done .. last time i did that. and also some ntuc voucher..like 200-300$

Edited by Heman75

that was old school thoughts. ppl also say korean car cannot last time but now u see everywhere on road. i used to owned a GS for 2+year. workhorse no issue and the service center service excellent. send me home and pick me again to collect car. where to find. the main problem would be resale value. you can forget about selling ..i have a hard time changing , either AD dont want or extreme low price paper value. only wearnes will give u sligthly better pricing

now is 5yr warranty and 3yrs servicing. asked for 5yrs..can be done .. last time i did that. and also some ntuc voucher..like 200-300$

Try telling to those old school that still feels french car is a walking time bomb.

How a car drives is important to me. I drove a altis for 5 days in taiwan and came back appreciating my French and German car much much more.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Try telling to those old school that still feels french car is a walking time bomb.

How a car drives is important to me. I drove a altis for 5 days in taiwan and came back appreciating my French and German car much much more.

ya me too. i never like jap cars..ever since my first conti car i have been driving conti since then

How is the space of the 3rd row seat?

I checked out the last model 2.5 yr ago. Sprained my back a bit when coming out of the 3rd row - had to twist my body so hard...  [sweatdrop]

And i did remember being so impressed with the stated FC...

those are punishment seats, not meant for sitting. 

I checked out the last model 2.5 yr ago. Sprained my back a bit when coming out of the 3rd row - had to twist my body so hard...  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

That's what I think too. I own both Korean and Jap car before so it's time to try conti make hehe. I should have try asking for five years

Not that serious lah. It comparable with C4, and wish but definitely better than Caren, X-Trail, outlander and 5008. I think only Sorrento and Santa Fe abit better but the diesel tax is

I checked out the last model 2.5 yr ago. Sprained my back a bit when coming out of the 3rd row - had to twist my body so hard... [sweatdrop]

The problem with the previous model 3rd row seats is that the floor is not flat, making it difficult to find a comfortable position for your feet if you are over 170.

FC is indeed very good. Even with heavy foot it will return 17km/L.

Sorry, when you said C4, is it the citreon grand piccasso?

for 3rd row seats,

from my previous search, my conclusion was that grand scenic, zafira, grand picasso, peugeot 5008 and orlando, 3rd row were all like squatting position...

x-trail turned out to be the same. Carens came out later, so i can't be sure.

Wish is confirmed better than these.

Outlander is same as wish. Santa Fe I think is probably around there too, but not much better than wish, if at all.

Sorrento is a class apart, seats are like a full-sized MPV's standard and comfort. Only getting in/out still lose to Estima/Ody/Sharan category.

If you're putting your sec school daughters (if they are near 1.7 m tall) in 3rd row, then I believe the new grand scenic 3rd row must be significantly improved from the one i saw. [laugh] (in which case should not be comparable to C4, but is much improved/better).

My bad, I'm comparing MPV so it's grand C4. This new grand scenic us much better than previous gen thus leg room better abit

The problem with the previous model 3rd row seats is that the floor is not flat, making it difficult to find a comfortable position for your feet if you are over 170.

FC is indeed very good. Even with heavy foot it will return 17km/L.

There were many problems for that model leh. It's a mid-sized sedan forcefully inserting a third row of seats, so space was... let's just say cramped.

Then the way the 2nd row seat is folded to allow access in/out of 3rd row, is a pure hazard i felt - the hole-puncher 2nd row seat... if not careful, putting the legs at one of the locking holes, and let the 2nd row seats down... don't dare imagine liao... if it's a young kid, 4-5 year old sitting there...  [sweatdrop]

but SG's ver has? SE told me no...

Sg version nope when I asked two weeks ago. Was hoping they will do and software update if it's doable. Will check with my SE.
↡ Advertisement