Good Workshop To Repair Clutch and Gearbox for Auto Trans

lately, my gear seem lethargic. Auto gear stuck at lower gear and need to force the accel or manual shift the gear up inorder to move to higher gear. Is this a gear box dying symptom? ty

Edited by Axela72
↡ Advertisement

In that case, will I solve this issue by only using manual to drive instead of auto? ty

going to change car by latest before CNY. hope that it can tahan until then

sad to say......yes. :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Edited by Axela72

Bro, what car r u driving?

Can advise what JB WS u go that quote u 2k rm?

The WS I go quote me 2.8k rm le... :(

Maybe u can try cheapest option 1st.. to change the ATF 1st

Driving a sunny.

The cheapest quote was RM1,800. WS along road leading to holiday plz. But more comfortable with WS somewhere at Sentosa - the most exp among 3 quotes.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, recently my 7 year old Mazda 5 also gave some GB problem. Moving off is smooth until 2nd to 3rd gear change. Car jerked and rpm shot up (3-4k rpm) but then it moves on to the 3rd gear from 2nd gear. Other gear change no issues. Is it a gear slip? I've just changed the ATF but forgot about the filter.

Hi guys, need some advice.

My car is an auto transmission Picanto and has 1 year 1 month left. COE expires Jan 2017. Lately I've had gearbox issues and am wondering if I should fix it, let it be, or do a short term cheaper fix first. The issues:

1) Car jerks each time it moves off after stopping i.e. When you just step on the accelerator

2) the rpm is high, goes from 2 to almost/even 3 when changing from first to second and maybe third gear

3) car seems to be stuck after/at 3rd gear or so because after changing gears, I realize it stays at about 40/50kmh for sometime and I have to step hard before it goes to 60 and above, this occurs when going uphill but sometimes on normal flat surfaces also.

However, the car starts and goes alright and no warning signs light up after the car starts.

I recently serviced it, changed the timing belt and the entire engine. My question is, I don't want to spend too much again to overhaul the gearbox since it's only left with 1 year to go, so should I just leave it be or find a short term cheaper solution? Thanks in advance!

My car is an auto transmission Picanto and has 1 year 1 month left. COE expires Jan 2017. Lately I've had gearbox issues and am wondering if I should fix it, let it be, or do a short term cheaper fix first. The issues:

1) Car jerks each time it moves off after stopping i.e. When you just step on the accelerator

2) the rpm is high, goes from 2 to almost/even 3 when changing from first to second and maybe third gear

3) car seems to be stuck after/at 3rd gear or so because after changing gears, I realize it stays at about 40/50kmh for sometime and I have to step hard before it goes to 60 and above, this occurs when going uphill but sometimes on normal flat surfaces also.

However, the car starts and goes alright and no warning signs light up after the car starts.

I recently serviced it, changed the timing belt and the entire engine. My question is, I don't want to spend too much again to overhaul the gearbox since it's only left with 1 year to go, so should I just leave it be or find a short term cheaper solution? Thanks in advance!

no cheap solution, all workshop will advise you change entire GB, only difference is price,

if it still can run, leave it lah, or change car in current low coe,

I also think so - leave it since the car is running fine. I'm just afraid it might stop moving altogether. My windshield wiper fluid also isn't working. I saw that there was a leak in the reservoir and it won't spray out when I try. I think it's probably jammed with all the residue. Don't know if I should fix that though. Should I?

My car does start with a jerk when I first start the car after it's been parked, but it does t really jerk much if I stop and start at traffic lights. Only some times. Just that I can feel the jerk every morning when I move the car and sometimes when I maneuver slowly past other cars while going uphill.

I also think so - leave it since the car is running fine. I'm just afraid it might stop moving altogether. My windshield wiper fluid also isn't working. I saw that there was a leak in the reservoir and it won't spray out when I try. I think it's probably jammed with all the residue. Don't know if I should fix that though. Should I?

My car does start with a jerk when I first start the car after it's been parked, but it does t really jerk much if I stop and start at traffic lights. Only some times. Just that I can feel the jerk every morning when I move the car and sometimes when I maneuver slowly past other cars while going uphill.

Do you feel that your gear is "locked" when going uphill? After uphill, the gear refused to change until I step on accelerator really hard.

My car do face this problem sometimes. My worksp said the ECU detects that the car needs extra power to climb, so downshift itself, will revert to normal after tapping on brake pedal. So far, very seldom it happens, last happened was when after leaving the RWS basement carpark to Sentosa link bridge.

Edited by Optramagnum

Left one year only not worthwhile to change anything at all. Might as well save the money for your next car.

Hi,

You can try ATC @ Sin Ming. Call Lai Soon 91875200. Ask him for some advice. They are specialst in Gearbox.

Go and repair.

It'll cause you about 3k Rm.

Once it breaks down, you'll have to scrap or repair in SG for 2k Sgd.

Sg workshop overhaul GB range over $2K+ at least & take couple of days too (those earlier posted WS i checked b4 too). I did my GB repairs in JB for 1/2 of wat SG workshop normally charged & took 1 day only. Will post address later on as using mobile outside.

half of Singapore but at the risk of car missing.. I wont go for it.

Do you feel that your gear is "locked" when going uphill? After uphill, the gear refused to change until I step on accelerator really hard.

My car do face this problem sometimes. My worksp said the ECU detects that the car needs extra power to climb, so downshift itself, will revert to normal after tapping on brake pedal. So far, very seldom it happens, last happened was when after leaving the RWS basement carpark to Sentosa link bridge.

Yup, it's like my car is locked at a certain gear when I go uphill, like for example if driving on highway then there is an uphill (think it happened near farrer road/queenstown there), the car will slow down and the gear won't change, I must step on the accelerator very hard.

Think I'll try your advice on tapping on brake pedal, but a bit weird and dangerous if on highway. When I go up MSCPs all that is still relatively okay, just that the power is not really there. But car so old already, I think maybe I will just leave it.

Hi all,

Looking forward to X'mas, hope all is well for everyone.

I'm new here, and just registered because my gearbox is very problematic (gear every time like get lock or, something disengage, got that sinking feeling) and chanced upon this thread.

Gotta say, it's an eye opener - didn't know repairing the gearbox so expensive. Very paiseh to admit this.

But I remember an ex schoolmate mentioning that he got his faulty gearbox fixed for a few hundred dollars some time back, and it was badly worn; think he mentioned something about insurance can cover partial cost.

(Sian 0.5) I don't have his contact number liao; he's more like a hi-bye friend.

I'm just wondering the same as many of us - if there's any other way to cut cost that we may be missing out on...

For example, can car insurance cover partial of the cost?

Or is there a fix with y-you know... second-hand p-parts, etc?

(Sorry if this is silly sounding, I just got into this understanding car thing recently)

Anyway, really glad to find this forum, lots of great stuff. Hope to contribute more in time to come.

↡ Advertisement