Good Workshop To Repair Clutch and Gearbox for Auto Trans

o Chevy say " Cheese "... seem problematic for this car model... isn't it a new model released some years back.

The specs even can kind of match Toyota Altis, esp the FC... Think again other problems start surfing after few years...

↡ Advertisement

Sorry to hijack this post...

Got a 2009 Chevy Cruze Auto 6 speed (1.6L). Some problem with its gear box

When going NSH travel @ 115km/h - 130km/h for 30minutes, my gear drop from gear 6 to gear 5 (Cannot up gear only can down gear). There are 2 scenarios from here

1> Rest at rest point for 15mintues, gear return normal and can get gear 6. If continue to travel another 30-50km, gear drop to 5 again. The faster I drive, the faster the gear cok up

2> If I dont care the gear 5 and continue to drive above 110km/h, my dashboard come out all chrismas light and speedometer stuck as last seen speed. ALL uncontrollable. This one need rest 1-2hr then can return normal state...

Anyone came across such problem? and find a solution?

Did you service at Alphine Motors? Make sure you change your ATF. Alphine doesn't change it claiming that it is "long-life ATF".

Change your ATF and try again. If still doesn't work, prepare money to get new GB.

chevy cruze uses AW autotrans.....so lousy one meh??? [sweatdrop]

correct me if i quoted the wrong supplier.

I know the earlier Optras assembled in Thai using the Aisin Wagner autobox. Same as Toyotas.

These boxes r damm solid. I had it in my earlier Corona n now in my Optra n it dun give such problems.

I suspect the new Cruze assembled in Korea r using a different autobox. Maybe a MIK or Chevy made autobox?

Did you service at Alphine Motors? Make sure you change your ATF. Alphine doesn't change it claiming that it is "long-life ATF".

Change your ATF and try again. If still doesn't work, prepare money to get new GB.

Maybe can consider getting places like Khangs etc to repair the autobox. Might b cheaper?

Or source a 2nd hand unit n replace.

I used to change my ATF b4 on earlier cars n the autobox dun hv much problems. Now Im using a synthetic ATF which is similar to a LongLife ATF so I wun change so often. Maybe every 40-60K km only.

With mineral ATF, I drain n fill every 20-30K km. My present Optra autobox alrdy >160K km n still very smooth. No problems at all.

Maybe can consider getting places like Khangs etc to repair the autobox. Might b cheaper?

Or source a 2nd hand unit n replace.

I used to change my ATF b4 on earlier cars n the autobox dun hv much problems. Now Im using a synthetic ATF which is similar to a LongLife ATF so I wun change so often. Maybe every 40-60K km only.

With mineral ATF, I drain n fill every 20-30K km. My present Optra autobox alrdy >160K km n still very smooth. No problems at all.

I drain a fill my Cruze ATF at 20-30K KM interval using GM ATF. Afraid that the wrong one may have problems.

Mileage 100+k also no problem. Yes I am a high mileage user!

I drain a fill my Cruze ATF at 20-30K KM interval using GM ATF. Afraid that the wrong one may have problems.

Mileage 100+k also no problem. Yes I am a high mileage user!

Where do u buy the GM ATF n whats the cost? Is it mineral or synthetic?

Today - 14 Oct 13, jus went to ellipse auto transmission n look for Alvin(Boss), service very good,,,,,very friendly,,,highly recommended...can say recommend by Mazda MPV 3.0 V6 which is having changing gear at 60km/hr...haha

ATF flush is $250 which I did...so far so good when i collect it..

The gear box transmission is 2.8k for mine model - 6 mths warranty..

Their SERVICE is by far the best I seen in the car W/S industry....haha;

21 Sector A

Sin Ming Industrial Estate #01-40

Singapore 575679

Tel: 6456 0090

Mobile: 9670 7204

http://www.ellipseauto.com.sg/contact.htm

Please do not go to this W/S.They quote you high high saying change new gear box but actually only replace the worn parts,and give you warranty for 3months.After few months if gearbox had problems and you go back they will charge you again saying wear and tear.So you are being connedfor paying a repairing job instead of a new gearbox which can last very long.

I know the earlier Optras assembled in Thai using the Aisin Wagner autobox. Same as Toyotas.

These boxes r damm solid. I had it in my earlier Corona n now in my Optra n it dun give such problems.

I suspect the new Cruze assembled in Korea r using a different autobox. Maybe a MIK or Chevy made autobox?

Its a GM designed 6T40 built in both Korea and China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_6T40_transmission

Where do u buy the GM ATF n whats the cost? Is it mineral or synthetic?

You can get it from Song Yi if you want. I'm not sure if it's mineral or synthetic thou.. hahaha

You can get it from Song Yi if you want. I'm not sure if it's mineral or synthetic thou.. hahaha

There are 2 types of GM-ATF. Different part numbers and labeling. The 6T40 uses (and must use) Dexron VI only.

There are other non-GM brands of Dexron VI ATF. Its probably the same but did not try. Saw them on the shelves of some workshops when I was asking around.

Ah ha. So maybe those cars sent to SG were using the China made autobox? Thats why so many problems. [:|]

Lucky my 2006 Optra uses the Japan Aisin wagner autobox. I feel sorry for those Cruze owners now. [sweatdrop]

AW autobox don't have to worry.. All Cruze owners and some Epica owners are sweating..

And the price per Lit?

There are 2 types of GM-ATF. Different part numbers and labeling. The 6T40 uses (and must use) Dexron VI only.

There are other non-GM brands of Dexron VI ATF. Its probably the same but did not try. Saw them on the shelves of some workshops when I was asking around.

AW autobox don't have to worry.. All Cruze owners and some Epica owners are sweating..

Ya I went to hv a look at the new Cruze n Malibu at a road show recently but I doubt I wil get cos it seems like ty r quite problematic.

Maybe I just renew my old Optra COE another 10 years better.

Today - 14 Oct 13, jus went to ellipse auto transmission n look for Alvin(Boss), service very good,,,,,very friendly,,,highly recommended...can say recommend by Mazda MPV 3.0 V6 which is having changing gear at 60km/hr...haha

ATF flush is $250 which I did...so far so good when i collect it..

The gear box transmission is 2.8k for mine model - 6 mths warranty..

Their SERVICE is by far the best I seen in the car W/S industry....haha;

21 Sector A

Sin Ming Industrial Estate #01-40

Singapore 575679

Tel: 6456 0090

Mobile: 9670 7204

http://www.ellipseauto.com.sg/contact.htm

Please do not go to this W/S.They quote you high high saying change new gear box but actually only replace the worn parts,and give you warranty for 3months.After few months if gearbox had problems and you go back they will charge you again saying wear and tear.So you are being connedfor paying a repairing job instead of a new gearbox which can last very long.

You mean 2.8k can get you a brand new gear box? Maybe you are driving a Tata Nano. You should really do some homework, a brand new gear box usually cost at least 6k or more, assuming you are driving small car.

Hi Bros,

Can anyone recommend good and reliable workshop that is able to check on clutch amd gearbox for auto transmission? Will need to repair if faulty. Thanks in advance

Try antz automobile Pte ltd.

Hi Bros,

Can anyone recommend good and reliable workshop that is able to check on clutch amd gearbox for auto transmission? Will need to repair if faulty. Thanks in advance

Try antz automobile Pte ltd.

You mean 2.8k can get you a brand new gear box? Maybe you are driving a Tata Nano. You should really do some homework, a brand new gear box usually cost at least 6k or more, assuming you are driving small car.

I am not saying they must replace a new GB.They promise to replace the whole gear mechanism with new parts,but instead they only replace the worn parts.(If happen only 1 or 2 worn parts then for $2.8k)don't you think this is a rip off.

I am not saying they must replace a new GB.They promise to replace the whole gear mechanism with new parts,but instead they only replace the worn parts.(If happen only 1 or 2 worn parts then for $2.8k)don't you think this is a rip off.

That is new to me, I was told the parts (washers, seals, bearings) come as a set and they usually replace all parts. If that is true, they probably won't last long in the business. But how did you verify that?

↡ Advertisement