Good Workshop To Repair Clutch and Gearbox for Auto Trans

If u did the Drain n Fill (DnF) method, there is still abt half of the ATF balance in the aurobox n it wil quickly turn the clean ATF dark brown.

When I bought my Optra n found the ATF very dirty, I did the drain n Fill a few times b4 the ATF stayed clean. Now I just DnF every 20-30K km to keep it fresh.

I just switched to synthetic ATF so I prob leave it for 40-60K km b4 I DnF again.

Dun overhaul yr autobox just cos the ATF turns dark quickly. U r wasting a few thousand $$$ like that.

Thks for the advice.

Am going to perform another servicing and drain again... hopefully its dirty due to start stop city driving... and dirty ATF yet to flush out

just that trying to see what will be the damage...

↡ Advertisement

Just for info... went to a workshop at Auto point to seek mechanic's opinion

after test-driving, he feels that the gear box is smooth and probably just dirty ATF..

even asked me not to flush...

Just for info... went to a workshop at Auto point to seek mechanic's opinion

after test-driving, he feels that the gear box is smooth and probably just dirty ATF..

even asked me not to flush...

Like what I did.

I just do a drain n fill every 10K km service till the ATF came out clean. Then I DnF every 30-40K km.

Just make sure u use the correct type of ATF n a good quality brand.

Like what I did.

I just do a drain n fill every 10K km service till the ATF came out clean. Then I DnF every 30-40K km.

Just make sure u use the correct type of ATF n a good quality brand.

I actually wanted to do a flush but the mechanic suggest that I drain n refill 6l of ATF instead of usually 4l.

Did it at Riverview... n I think they provide quite good service

I actually wanted to do a flush but the mechanic suggest that I drain n refill 6l of ATF instead of usually 4l.

Did it at Riverview... n I think they provide quite good service

As long as u r happy with their workmanship n prices, it is good. [thumbsup]

Bro r u sure to fill in 6l of atf??

Overfill will cause harm to your gearbox.. Riverview?? Wow did know their Mech will give such advice

Like wat P69 mention just drain n fill more often 20-30K to flush it will do..

I just worried your GB will up lorry very fast w the 6l of atf filled....

Just to add on a can of 4l atf cost about $40 from stockist, go to those old school WS to drain n refill cost ard $20 only..... Go jb WS 10-20rm :-)

Bro r u sure to fill in 6l of atf??

Overfill will cause harm to your gearbox.. Riverview?? Wow did know their Mech will give such advice

Like wat P69 mention just drain n fill more often 20-30K to flush it will do..

I just worried your GB will up lorry very fast w the 6l of atf filled....

Just to add on a can of 4l atf cost about $40 from stockist, go to those old school WS to drain n refill cost ard $20 only..... Go jb WS 10-20rm :-)

whenever i do the DnF method of replacing ATF I just underfill slightly n do a top-up when I reach home n the ATF is hot n I get a very accurate reading from the Dip-Stick n I wil fill swee swee to the F mark in the HOT range on the Dip_Stick.

430000 km!!! power! how old is the car?

thumbsup.gif My Toyota Allion milelage 430000km auto gear kaput 1 week before CNY. Took 4 days to overhaul,now very smooth .Send to ELLIPSE AUTO TRANSMISSION at Blk 21 #01-40 Sin Ming Industrial Estate Sector A Tel:64560090,look for Ah Beng

I have also overhauled my GB (VW 6-speed autobox, not DSG) when my car reached 100k+ mileage at Khangs from Toa payoh.

Works like a charm now, my GB has nvr been smoother. Really wished I had done earlier and not until the GB kaput then went to do. Hopefully the car can now last another 5 years until the end of its COE

4year 3months now,milelage now 555k km

It is CVT right.

Still remember the symptoms before the GB fail or the car just wouldn't move?

Roughly how much did it cost to overhaul cost?

I have also overhauled my GB (VW 6-speed autobox, not DSG) when my car reached 100k+ mileage at Khangs from Toa payoh.

Works like a charm now, my GB has nvr been smoother. Really wished I had done earlier and not until the GB kaput then went to do. Hopefully the car can now last another 5 years until the end of its COE

how much for overhaul?

It is CVT right.

Still remember the symptoms before the GB fail or the car just wouldn't move?

Roughly how much did it cost to overhaul cost?

,Yes CVT,can't remember only know drive until cannot move.Cost me $2800 to overhaul

I prefer to change ATF n EO b4 I detect anything unusual. I wud think by that time, some damage has already been done. [sweatdrop]

But I usually do the drain n fill of ATF at every 20-30K km when I was using a mineral ATF. Now with synthetic, I wil drag to abt double.

EO I change at 10K km but have been times I dragged til 12K km without any problems. EO Im using C@rlube 5w40 synthetic.

Hi Bro, reg the drain & top up method for the ATF, how bout the ATF filter ? Need to change? Thanks.

Hi Bro, reg the drain & top up method for the ATF, how bout the ATF filter ? Need to change? Thanks.

Ya good question abt the ATF filter. Its supposed to b changed regularly too but so far now alrdy 8yrs abt 160K km but never changed the ATF filter yet.

Optra the ATF filter quite ex n also neet to change the ATF pan gasket.

I guess I wil change the ATF filter if I renew my COE for another 10 years though.

• Praise 1

Ya good question abt the ATF filter. Its supposed to b changed regularly too but so far now alrdy 8yrs abt 160K km but never changed the ATF filter yet.

Optra the ATF filter quite ex n also neet to change the ATF pan gasket.

I guess I wil change the ATF filter if I renew my COE for another 10 years though.

Thanks, in that case when the damn volcanoes stop spouting & if the hack & slash dun start/ is over, will do the drain ATF & fill together w servicing. Btw, i reverted to 92 for the last 4 tanks. Got 9.8-10.5 / L

However, engine feels rougher & more vibes.

Compared to 95, can only yield 9.2-9.7 but smoother & more responsive.

↡ Advertisement