Good Workshop To Repair Clutch and Gearbox for Auto Trans

Cos. When your engine is smooth u will tent to drive harder.

When your engine is rougher u will tent to relax your right foot to reduce the rough sound hahaha..

That what happen to me .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks, in that case when the damn volcanoes stop spouting & if the hack & slash dun start/ is over, will do the drain ATF & fill together w servicing. Btw, i reverted to 92 for the last 4 tanks. Got 9.8-10.5 / L

However, engine feels rougher & more vibes.

Compared to 95, can only yield 9.2-9.7 but smoother & more responsive.

Since I only pump in SG I pump 95. Feels same as JB97.

Anyone have lobang to do ATF flushing & changing of ATF filter?

Civic Fd.

Most workshops should be able to do this. Why don't you check do this at your next servicing more convenient and save time

Maybe can consider getting places like Khangs etc to repair the autobox. Might b cheaper?

Or source a 2nd hand unit n replace.

I used to change my ATF b4 on earlier cars n the autobox dun hv much problems. Now Im using a synthetic ATF which is similar to a LongLife ATF so I wun change so often. Maybe every 40-60K km only.

With mineral ATF, I drain n fill every 20-30K km. My present Optra autobox alrdy >160K km n still very smooth. No problems at all.

Khangs is in operation ? Where ? Did a search and could not locate them (was in Sin Ming but closed a few years back).

Edited by Mikelcy1963

My car has problem engaging into ”D“ gear during cold start. I check with a few workshop and all say to change gearbox quoting me 2k for brand new and 1.5k for a recon. Car left with one year only. Worth to change and could there be just a small problem instead of changing whole gear box?

Are you thinking of renewing your COE? If not, see if can live with it. Until total breakdown, scrap it.

based on current price, hardly anyone will renew

My car has problem engaging into D gear during cold start. I check with a few workshop and all say to change gearbox quoting me 2k for brand new and 1.5k for a recon. Car left with one year only. Worth to change and could there be just a small problem instead of changing whole gear box?

New gearbox at 2k, what car are you driving?

2k plus depreciation (1 year) considerably less than new/used car depreciation, repair. if >, scrap it.

New gearbox at 2k, what car are you driving?

2k plus depreciation (1 year) considerably less than new/used car depreciation, repair. if >, scrap it.

Just a cat A Japanese car. 2k consider expensive?

Just a cat A Japanese car. 2k consider expensive?

New gearbox at 2k is very cheap, I think it is recon price. I recon my Jap's (Cat B) gearbox last year, cost me $2.8k, the AD told me a brand new gearbox will set me back by around 8-10k.

Supersonic

How long must 1 leave the car at ws to remove current faulty 4at GB & install a recon 4at ?

I am under the impression that if I leave my car at ws to rebuild the GB, it would take a longer time like at least 3 days? It will also cost more, about 2.2-2.7k? However, the "job" would be more thorough, hence more piece of mind.

Anyone have experience to share on this? Most drivers just swop a recon or choose to do a rebuilt based on today's trend? Tia.

How long must 1 leave the car at ws to remove current faulty 4at GB & install a recon 4at ?

I am under the impression that if I leave my car at ws to rebuild the GB, it would take a longer time like at least 3 days? It will also cost more, about 2.2-2.7k? However, the "job" would be more thorough, hence more piece of mind.

Anyone have experience to share on this? Most drivers just swop a recon or choose to do a rebuilt based on today's trend? Tia.

I would prefer overhaul to a swap, the condition of a used GB cannot be determined from a visual inspection so it might break down again (unless it comes with long warranty). I have not heard of recon GB breaking down shortly but my sample size is not large enough to draw a 95% comfidence level. Further, I don't think a used set is that much cheaper.

About 4 days downtime for a rebuild, usually they tell you 1 week.

Supersonic

I would prefer overhaul to a swap, the condition of a used GB cannot be determined from a visual inspection so it might break down again (unless it comes with long warranty). I have not heard of recon GB breaking down shortly but my sample size is not large enough to draw a 95% comfidence level. Further, I don't think a used set is that much cheaper.

About 4 days downtime for a rebuild, usually they tell you 1 week.

Thanks for the info bro.