The abused wife syndrome

Philipkee

Sometimes I feel that Singaporeans are like the proverbial abused wife. The abused wife keeps getting abused and keeps promising herself that she will leave the abusive husband and seek a better life. When the time comes for her to make the move though, the husband will cry and make promises and her heart will melt and she gets subjected to more abuses. The cycle continues and never ends.

Sometimes I feel that we are like that. We keep thinking we want a better life and we will vote in more opposition AND WE KNOW that promises made by MIWs during elections are not likely to be followed through BUT we keep allowing our hearts to melt and vote them in as a result The cycle continues till today.

My two cents.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Or maybe you'll find out that all men are the same.

Promise you the world before they have you and once they have you, they will treat you badly.

erm ts, the actual term is called the battered wife's syndrome.

Well, it is true on what you have posted. However, there may be a level of comfort that one has attained when one has been with the significant other for a certain period of time. Therefore, one is not susceptible to changes, no matter how good it will be.

But there is one case in UK that shows that, a woman who is abused will react strongly and even violently if pushed beyond the limits. Can watch the movie provoked. It showcases the effects of the battered wife's syndrome.

Share your sentiments....like your touching and apt analogy of the ways

we citizens are being treated and the situation we are in. [thumbsup]

you are right, there will always be people that are uncomfortable with changes...

i tends NOT to mix with people that will just complain and when the times come to make a decision, they back out... in fact, these group of people tend to have a negative aspects of lives and future...

this group of people are unlikely to be successful in their career... in fact, they may be those we call "loyal" staff who will give average performance and be on promotion freeze for a long long time!!!

i worked in private sector. thus, my observation may not be accurate for civil sectors.

(edited)

Sometimes I feel that Singaporeans are like the proverbial abused wife. The abused wife keeps getting abused and keeps promising herself that she will leave the abusive husband and seek a better life. When the time comes for her to make the move though, the husband will cry and make promises and her heart will melt and she gets subjected to more abuses. The cycle continues and never ends.

Sometimes I feel that we are like that. We keep thinking we want a better life and we will vote in more opposition AND WE KNOW that promises made by MIWs during elections are not likely to be followed through BUT we keep allowing our hearts to melt and vote them in s a result The cycle continues till today.

My two cents.

You are so wrong...and naive too

I am a true supporter of the PAP. And so are my friends and families.

There are many of us out there who believes in PAP. and also that the opposition will just bring the country down..

Edited by Rubberpad

Hypersonic

Dan divorce and get alimony lor.

That alimony is one that will never come -_-

Your husband keep going to prostitute(FT) but come home telling he love you the most(citizen come first) and you(60.1) believe him.

Nice!

Well said. It's the "things could be much worse" kind of mentality.

Many would admit that PAP is not what they used to be. Many are aware of the injustices they perpetuated. Many have seen how self-serving some of these office holders are.

But they are afraid things could go much worse if they voted somebody else.

Well.....

When he out to court you, he promise you this & that. After getting what he wanted, he tries to delay whatever he had promises during courtship so that you keep hoping to get the due of his promises.

He still release bit by bit and until one day when you get tire of getting a meer share. he surprise you with a big cake. But the cake you receive is only a fraction of it, just nice for your mouth to taste but unable to fill your stomach...... -_-

Mine only 1 cent worth, half of what your 2 cents ... [:(][smallcry][:|][confused]

Sometimes I feel that we are like that. We keep thinking we want a better life and we will vote in more opposition AND WE KNOW that promises made by MIWs during elections are not likely to be followed through BUT we keep allowing our hearts to melt and vote them in as a result The cycle continues till today.

My two cents.

Becos this hubby is rich and can support the family. No one is perfect. U leave the family, find a guy who dont even bother to work....how?

Look!!if the wife find another supposedly good hubby, like those residents in hougang, the new hubby may end up screxing around with other pple wives!!! Just like what is happening in hougang!!! And then divrorce again and u have to choose another man! So why not stick with the same man....???

Look!!if the wife find another supposedly good hubby, like those residents in hougang, the new hubby may end up screxing around with other pple wives!!! Just like what is happening in hougang!!! And then divrorce again and u have to choose another man! So why not stick with the same man....???

The new husband(Hougang) said to you - my affair purely sexual not love) - but your previous husband(PAP) has had sex with millions of prostitute(FT) and said you damn lousy in bed - How to choose?

Neutral Newbie

I feel the same way.

I feel that the concept of "family"/national identity is lost on the new breed of Men-Not-in-Black.

A nation is not a corporation.

A corporation assigns value to an individual based on his/her contributions to the bottomline, how talented he/she is bringing in money/ growth/ prosperity to the corporation.

Should a nation operate in the same way?

Instead of chasing meaningless international rankings, should the focus not be on enhancing the welfare of the People?

I used to feel pride when I utter these words

"We are Singapore, Singaporeans. "

"We have come so far together, our common destiny, Singapore forever....."

I feel more like the unwanted first born, with adopted siblings