CNA: S'pore Chooses New Leaders Very Carefully: Lee Kuan Yew

Vulcann

Any bros saw the TV footage of him talking about this?

Could not really hear him and you have to raise the TV volume.

And his manner was very stiff...

But for an almost 90 old man really [thumbsup][thumbsup]

From CNA:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1203376/1/.html

S'pore chooses new leaders very carefully: Lee Kuan Yew

By Michiyo Ishida | Posted: 24 May 2012 2219 hrs

↡ Advertisement

Actually I think Aljunied GRC was lost because of his choice of words like repent...

If he still use those words for GE2016 for other weakly supported GRCs like East Coast GRC (probably due LSS presence), I think its will be gone too.

(edited)

I am no MIW supporter but do admire this old man for his past contributions to our little red dot and his steadfast convictions.

[:)]

Edited by Vulcann

Actually I think Aljunied GRC was lost because of his choice of words like repent...

If he still use those words for GE2016 for other weakly supported GRCs like East Coast GRC (probably due LSS presence), I think its will be gone too.

If? Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!

Turbocharged
(edited)

My attention is brought to the following statement..

They're not paid very much to do that. It must be a bit of a sacrifice, because the people with the potential to be ministers can easily earn bigger figures outside in the public sector," he said.

I would like to ask, whether it has been proven that these people selected as minister, can they really earn that much outside? Or because most ministers retire and never had the chance to go into private sector, thus it has never been proven false?

Anyway, public service should never be about the money..

Edited by Shull
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Will he be still around for GE 2016? [lipsrsealed] By then he will be 94.

Hypersonic

They're not paid very much to do that. It must be a bit of a sacrifice, because the people with the potential to be ministers can easily earn bigger figures outside in the public sector," he said.

I would like to ask, whether it has been proven that these people selected as minister, can they really earn that much outside? Or because most ministers retire and never had the chance to go into private sector, thus it has never been proven false?

That's is exactly what I've been wondering too. Would those ministers really earn millions and millions if they are not in parliament???

he sld just retired for good.

+1.

But we all know how he is like as the word "retirement" never existed in his dictationary.

Not trying to be disrespectful but the day he stops will be the day he drops [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed]

I am no MIW supporter but do admire this old man for his past contributions to our little red dot and his steadfast convictions.

[:)]

yes. we all do.. but its past tense... Pls dont spoil your legacy..

Hypersonic

So far only George Yeo with the Kuok's group.. Don't know his pay, but should be quite high. At least his new job is not link to gahment or temasek..

when is his grandson going 2 b announced as the next p@p leader?

He's now trying to tahan till his grandson is old enough to be involved in politics. [:p]

Once he's gone, things are going to be different.

If they really really choose well, how come got

1. the Cheng Wan

2. Peh Yew Kok

3. choo Wee Kiang

4. Devan Nair???

good ah?

If they really really choose well, how come got

1. the Cheng Wan

2. Peh Yew Kok

3. choo Wee Kiang

4. Devan Nair???

good ah?