CNA: S'pore Chooses New Leaders Very Carefully: Lee Kuan Yew

Vulcann

This phrase in Chinese is an excellent description of him:

拿得起但放不下。

It means someone being able to shoulder the burden but incapable of letting go.

He will miss us?

so u saying LKY practices nepotism???

and that explains ah dragon holds the record for chao REC to BG(fatso kim not consider as he's not even a chao rec before)

now the dragon-son on overseas scholarship(half fxxk grades student from a don't know WHAT? JC here).still got scholarship at MIT wor.MIT WOR.he must be the first(& only)half fxxk student to enter MIT from that half fxxk JC.

LKY is an exceptional man and politician but can't say the same for his descendents.

now there's no more politicians in here.it had changed to poLICKcians.

everyday licking boots.

My mum asked me why we got crying face PM?

Pls, he is not talking sense anymore. I believe Mr Low can do the same if not better with much lesser pay. Why not outsource to Foreign Talent? Cheaper, faster and better. It is time to retire lah, senile dementia is catching up. Past experience, building up a country is already past. We are looking forward to how better we can run and manage a Singapore. At times, we'll refer back on the past experience, which we may need Mr Lee advice. But sometimes, when we don't need it, he should jolly shut up and let his son run the show. If he son fail, then fail already. Don't try to hammer other people for his own son mistake. This is what younger Singaporean cannot tolerate. Imagine kids nowadays, parents nag a little more and they already kua bua kui, don't listen already, you think a old fellow trying to preach, younger generation will listen? They will be even more rebellious.

Confucious said, know your limit, know your enemy to win a war. Obviously, PAP still doesn't know who and what they are dealing with.

Moving forward, after 6 years,  don't think the current batch of potentials are the "best of the best"

I would not say they are doing an underpar job...but vis-a-vis their salary and pay scale...I think much more can be gotten out of them

Like the tax hike....I expect them to come up with innovative ideas to fund the nation's increase in social spending or infrastructure expenditure...

instead when they ran out of cash..they still had to turn back to the taxpayers to ask for more....well I guess this type of so-so performance anyone can turn in..

• Praise 1

For sure not CEO caliber who earn millions per year. Frankly sometimes I wonder how many of them are really top CEO caliber. Many end up consultants and probably main role is build relationship with the authorities and help open doors. 

can i ask how much is yeo cheow tong the ex transport minister being paid now?
and also the george yeo?

For sure not CEO caliber who earn millions per year. Frankly sometimes I wonder how many of them are really top CEO caliber. Many end up consultants and probably main role is build relationship with the authorities and help open doors. 

You sure GY isn't getting at least 2-3 mil in his current job?  [hur]

*edit* It's a listed company. You can check his salary.

Edited by Kusje

Moving forward, after 6 years, don't think the current batch of potentials are the "best of the best"

After 14 years, the current batch is still a bunch of out of touchs

Moving forward, after 6 years,  don't think the current batch of potentials are the "best of the best"

you never volunteer your services, how to find the best of the best

I propose the following

VInceng - Minister without Portfolio

Mercs - Minister of Development

T2 - Minister of FInance

Tianmo - Minister of Foreign Affairs

Please continue with the propose list

• Praise 1

you never volunteer your services, how to find the best of the best

I propose the following

VInceng - Minister without Portfolio

Mercs - Minister of Development

T2 - Minister of FInance

Tianmo - Minister of Foreign Affairs

Please continue with the propose list

1st thing I will do is to scrap COE, and bring back the Area Licensing Scheme, whereby vehicles with at least 4 pax enter the CBD for free. Maximize usage of road space. Set up car pooling stations before each ALS gantry. Bring back the good old days.

Please vote for me. You are assured of more good years ahead.   [:p]

• Praise 3

You sure GY isn't getting at least 2-3 mil in his current job? [hur]

His post govt pay is not a good indication.

Industry will pay ex political leaders for the contacts and knowledge they got during government. So being highly paid should be expected.

But.... If no be one wants you, THEN it says how useless you were that you are perceived as having no scrap value all.

And I suspect that applies to most political leaders here. Of cos glcs and Golden handshakes don't count.

• Praise 1

After 14 years, the current batch is still a bunch of out of touchs

....you are only short of saying they are a bunch of C*owns...agree?

You sure GY isn't getting at least 2-3 mil in his current job?  [hur]

i think GY is very happy that he is out of politics. he had his time. 

↡ Advertisement