LTA Legal Exhaust

Calvinus

I just saw that one of the exhaust workshop is now carrying a model of LTA compliant exhaust that can fit my car... the fujitsubo wagolis... However the advertisement in their website states that it is for another make of the car... i.e. the honda odessy.

I am wondering and hopefully bros can advise, if the wagolis is advertised as suitable for my car - SX4, does it mean that I can fit it or is the LTA approval limited to the car model that the workshop has sent for approval for?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

The workshop will give you a paper for you to go Vicom for inspection...so should be legal,anyway an exhausts model make for many cars model....

I have also emailed the workshop for their advice and will share more information as I get it. Any workshop who knows, please post in the forum too or if that is not allowed, please PM me.

I will eventually go spend some coin on a new legal exhaust at some point.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I just saw that one of the exhaust workshop is now carrying a model of LTA compliant exhaust that can fit my car... the fujitsubo wagolis... However the advertisement in their website states that it is for another make of the car... i.e. the honda odessy.

I am wondering and hopefully bros can advise, if the wagolis is advertised as suitable for my car - SX4, does it mean that I can fit it or is the LTA approval limited to the car model that the workshop has sent for approval for?

For Suzuki cars,Fujitsubo is a good choice,many Swift Sport fitted it,but SX 4,quite rare,anyway,legal exhausts give little power gain.

It just means that it can fit, not that it is LTA-legal. These are two separate things.

• Praise 1

Sorry if I did not make myself clear, the wagolis was advertised as LTA compliant for Honda Odessy in ST powered website. I also know from googling Fujitsubo website that the wagolis is suitable for the SX4... My question was more directed at whether this would mean that the Wagolis has met LTA requirements and if it is advertised by the maker (i.e. fujitsubo) as suitable for SX4, means I can install it or does it mean that there may be different wagolis and the one for Odessy may not be the same as the one for SX4 or if LTA requires the tests to be done on a per car basis, i.e. if no one import wagolis for SX4 and do submissions/tests based on this car, then it is still not compliant for my car...

BTW, the Swift uses another exhaust... not the wagolis...

Finally, a kind bro shared that legal exhaust rarely give much increase in power... I am not hoping for too much but there should be a noticable difference? Will it?

Twincharged

Sorry if I did not make myself clear, the wagolis was advertised as LTA compliant for Honda Odessy in ST powered website. I also know from googling Fujitsubo website that the wagolis is suitable for the SX4... My question was more directed at whether this would mean that the Wagolis has met LTA requirements and if it is advertised by the maker (i.e. fujitsubo) as suitable for SX4, means I can install it or does it mean that there may be different wagolis and the one for Odessy may not be the same as the one for SX4 or if LTA requires the tests to be done on a per car basis, i.e. if no one import wagolis for SX4 and do submissions/tests based on this car, then it is still not compliant for my car...

BTW, the Swift uses another exhaust... not the wagolis...

Finally, a kind bro shared that legal exhaust rarely give much increase in power... I am not hoping for too much but there should be a noticable difference? Will it?

Legal for Odessy does not means legal for SX-4,like before i change to HKS Hi-Power for my Z,actually i wanted the Legamax model,but Garage R sais they only bring in the Hi-Power model for my car to submit to L.T.A. for approval[costs a few thousands]..so Legamax was not legal....power wise expect 3-4 bhp rise.

Neutral Newbie

Legal for Odessy does not means legal for SX-4,like before i change to HKS Hi-Power for my Z,actually i wanted the Legamax model,but Garage R sais they only bring in the Hi-Power model for my car to submit to L.T.A. for approval[costs a few thousands]..so Legamax was not legal....power wise expect 3-4 bhp rise.

sff.gifThanks for your post.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Cannot. The approvals are model-specific.

Yup, you are absolutely correct on this.

In Singapore, the LTA is very specific about their approval process, it is defined by exhaust model (eg Wagolis) and then the car model (eg Suzuki Swift).

When I had my aftermarket exhaust installed 5 years ago, they even specified by trim level (eg approved exhaust for Honda Civic FD2 Type-R may not be LTA approved for Honda Civic 2.0)

Even with an approved exhaust, installed by a reputable garage, I recall there were some BS from the inspectors when I submitted my car for inspection at Vicom and certification of the exhaust myself and they refused to endorse the document. WTF. I ended up having to get my garage to send my car in for inspection on my behalf and it breezed thru without a hitch. Go figure <_<

Cheers

• Praise 1

For Suzuki cars,Fujitsubo is a good choice,many Swift Sport fitted it,but SX 4,quite rare,anyway,legal exhausts give little power gain.

Many swift sport now fit Sunline racing 60RRS single outlet now.. because it's LOUD and legal. :D

Even with an approved exhaust, installed by a reputable garage, I recall there were some BS from the inspectors when I submitted my car for inspection at Vicom and certification of the exhaust myself and they refused to endorse the document. WTF. I ended up having to get my garage to send my car in for inspection on my behalf and it breezed thru without a hitch. Go figure <_<

veri black n dark, machiam like a neighbouring country...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Its only legal on specific model. If ur car don have and u wanna fix a legal one on it, it will still be illegal..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Many swift sport now fit Sunline racing 60RRS single outlet now.. because it's LOUD and legal. :D

Yup.. 60RRS no horse run...

• Praise 1

Probably you want to gather like-minded bros via your car make's forum and get the workshop to get LTA approval. If the numbers are substantial, probably the workshop will be more willing to do it.

These days people all v ngiao one so its going to be hard especially most sx4 owners are the family car type.

↡ Advertisement