LTA Legal Exhaust

Calvinus

These days people all v ngiao one so its going to be hard especially most sx4 owners are the family car type.

Yeah. It will be easier if it is for Swift.

Still, no harm trying.

↡ Advertisement

Sorry if I did not make myself clear, the wagolis was advertised as LTA compliant for Honda Odessy in ST powered website. I also know from googling Fujitsubo website that the wagolis is suitable for the SX4... My question was more directed at whether this would mean that the Wagolis has met LTA requirements and if it is advertised by the maker (i.e. fujitsubo) as suitable for SX4, means I can install it or does it mean that there may be different wagolis and the one for Odessy may not be the same as the one for SX4 or if LTA requires the tests to be done on a per car basis, i.e. if no one import wagolis for SX4 and do submissions/tests based on this car, then it is still not compliant for my car...

It just means that it can fit, not that it is LTA-legal. These are two separate things.

The issue with exhausts is that they may have certain emission characteristics who h needs to be tested. If the wagolis has been tested, it does not make sense for them to not approve it. Wonder if it then becomes a simple step of getting the workshop to send in for a paper approval or if the entire combo of exhaust plus cat needs to go for testing once again.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I changed or modify exhaust on every damn car I owned. From a datsun 100A, starlet to civic. Yes, modified exhaust does provide better power output. Definitely. It's only how much you can gain from your existing setup and if it met your expectation over the money you spent.

For me, I'm not a power hungry driver. I have a very low expectation. I only like the look and the Boom boom sound of the exhaust. Am happy with it.

• Praise 1

is there any lta approved exhaust for cooer s (f series)?

will the warranty void after installing after market exhaust?

• Praise 1

hi bros, any legal loud LTA approved exhaust for Impreza 1.6 TS, other than supersprint and remus(both not loud enough tested)? [;)]

Check with freelance importer Gan Motorsports if he can import a suitable Kakimoto exhaust for your Subie. ST Powered might also be able to import a suitable Fujitsubo. But, speaking from experience, Gan's a lot more helpful and proactive with the LTA paperwork.

Have realistic expectations though. Legal exhausts are quiet. That's how they meet LTA's legal requirements. I suspect that since you didn't find the Remus satisfactory, there aren't any legal alternatives that will satisfy you.

• Praise 2

is it a must to tune the car after installing aftermarket exhaust to maximize the power output etc? if not it is only for the sound?

how abt this brand invidia? any feedbacks? quite bassy though..

• Praise 1

this exhaust thing puzzle me for a long time. my little knowledge tells me less restrictions mean more power but creates more noise and polutions. 

so manufacturers have to comply strict codes. while others try modifications that somehow LTA can approve. 

Then you have another group of these sport cars that generate so much noise and those HD bikes that were also approved by LTA. so exactly what is behind approved or banned? 

• Praise 1

this exhaust thing puzzle me for a long time. my little knowledge tells me less restrictions mean more power but creates more noise and polutions. 

so manufacturers have to comply strict codes. while others try modifications that somehow LTA can approve. 

Then you have another group of these sport cars that generate so much noise and those HD bikes that were also approved by LTA. so exactly what is behind approved or banned? 

Google CARB.

As long as within there, should suffice.

The engineering of the EXOS is a black art.

You want to provide a car base on the image of what it represent. You probably will not want a lexus that is super loud. 

So some of the manufacturer have a valved exos. Its is actuated via a solenoid flap. So you not only have a neighbor friendly car, but can be as loud as you like in race mode.

The resonated exos also cut out droning. First few time , u feel siok. After that, you get a headache. Forget about those that have a perpetuate drone with a strobe neon light chassis. 

is it a must to tune the car after installing aftermarket exhaust to maximize the power output etc? if not it is only for the sound?

how abt this brand invidia? any feedbacks? quite bassy though..

If you only installed a cat-back exhaust system/muffler, I'd say don't bother with tuning. If you have an aftermarket open/box pod intake, header with mid-pipe plus the Invidia then the tuning is probably more worth it. The sound itself adds at least 10 ponies...

Do take note on the legality of the header and mid-pipe.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2