Exposed: SMRT bus driver Who sever motorcyclist leg is PRC

Relacklabrudder

EXPOSED: SMRT PRC bus driver under investigation for hitting Malay motorcyclist along PIE causing his limb to be severed

The SMRT PRC bus captain who knocked into a motorcyclist when swerving right into another lane is currently under police investigation for speeding and not keeping a lookout for oncoming traffic.

The accident happened on Monday evening at around 5.55pm along the Pan Island Expressway towards Tuas before the Jalan Anak Bukit exit.

According to our informant who claimed to be a friend of the motorcyclist, he is currently twenty one years old and is a full-time National Serviceman.

Contrary to the version of events given by SMRT, the bus was speeding at 100 km/hour along the expressway and switched lanes without giving signals causing the motorcyclist to knock into the bus bumper and severing his leg.

He is still in critical condition in the hospital.

The particulars of the bus captain and the motorcyclist were not published in the press as the state media attempts to cover up another accident involving a PRC driver, barely two months after a PRC driver knocked over an elderly woman crossing the road in Sengkang.

↡ Advertisement

EXPOSED: SMRT PRC bus driver under investigation for hitting Malay motorcyclist along PIE causing his limb to be severed

The SMRT PRC bus captain who knocked into a motorcyclist when swerving right into another lane is currently under police investigation for speeding and not keeping a lookout for oncoming traffic.

The accident happened on Monday evening at around 5.55pm along the Pan Island Expressway towards Tuas before the Jalan Anak Bukit exit.

According to our informant who claimed to be a friend of the motorcyclist, he is currently twenty one years old and is a full-time National Serviceman.

Contrary to the version of events given by SMRT, the bus was speeding at 100 km/hour along the expressway and switched lanes without giving signals causing the motorcyclist to knock into the bus bumper and severing his leg.

He is still in critical condition in the hospital.

The particulars of the bus captain and the motorcyclist were not published in the press as the state media attempts to cover up another accident involving a PRC driver, barely two months after a PRC driver knocked over an elderly woman crossing the road in Sengkang.

Sure or not?

If indeed there's attempt to cover-up / delayed information, something is not right somewhere

100km/h for a bus?? is that even possible?

this is nothing for some bus drivers in some other countries

while i believe a bus is capable of reaching up to 100km/h, i've always thought that the local buses are fitted with speed limiters.

Anyway, the source of this report is Temasek Times which in my opinion is highly dubious.

Neutral Newbie

I am not trying to be prejudised but can we not use PRC as bus drivers?? Their driving habits cannot change overnight. There must be a reason why our international license cannot allow us to drive in China.

Turbocharged

CB Tiong Kok kia, bring your fxxking driving bad culture to singapore.

if you have been to china before, walking along a traffic light (in your favour, green man) is a hazard.

100km/h for a bus?? is that even possible?

Why not? I've seen a SMRT bus matching my speed of 80km/h at expressways.

Anyway, what's the black circle sticker with a 60km/h pasted at the back for? Sayingbthe bus travels at 60 km/h or a max speed of 60 km/h also not right. Maybe LTA can come out explain.

And by the way, SMRT buses have more cameras installed than car/taxi drivers. As far as I know, the 4 sides of the bus have cameras looking out. High chance it may have captured the entire accident, maybe the part when the leg was swerved off.

Ya lah. Probably cover up cos they have their own videos.

100kph not impossible. Ever been in a SMRT bus (the older one that's gonna phase out soon), speedo showing 90kph leh, going faster than most cars on 2nd lane.....

The newer buses should be able to top 140-160kph with ease.

Fxxk that temashit website lah. Always posting BS stories.

Unfortunately there are still many stupid pple ard to believe in made up tales specifically fabricated to stir emotions towards certain thorny issues.

while i believe a bus is capable of reaching up to 100km/h, i've always thought that the local buses are fitted with speed limiters.

Anyway, the source of this report is Temasek Times which in my opinion is highly dubious.

Only the newer ones are fitted with speed limiters but still I see some of them hitting 70-75km/h when the speed limiter was supposed to kick in @ 65km/h.

In this case, it's an old DAF bus and this bus CONFIRM no speed limiter. Almost 90% of the time it will hit 80km/h @ 2200rpm on PIE.

OT, I've seen an old Leyland double decker overtook me on lane 3 when I was doing 80-85km/h on SLE. [knife]

Temasek times is much better than straits times for sure.

Yes, indeed the bus driver is prc.

↡ Advertisement