Bad customer service attitude from Hankook

Ftco

Some months back I bought four V12 tires from Hankook's Kaki Bukit outlet. Today I went back there for tyre rotation. For straight forward front to back/back to front rotation, they charge $15. However as my tires wear on the inner edge (especially the front), I requested that the front tires be swop to the opposite side and place at the rear, and the back tires moved to the front (no swop). This is to even out the wear so that the tires last.

Obviously I am aware that two of my tires need to be removed from and remounted on the wheels and that involves extra work and cost. The staff at Kaki Bukit tried to discourage me giving reasons that the side wall is susceptible to damage if removed from the wheel. [hur] I do not accept the reason and insist on my way. Now they quoted me an extra $40 to do that on top of the $15 originally chargeable. [confused]

As I felt that this is is way too expensive (I have done rotation in this manner before at a much cheaper rate elsewhere) but because since the tires were bought from them and I am already there, I tired negotiating for a lower charge. They insisted that that is their rate and will not barge. I suggested that they speak with their boss but only to get the reply that Robert is traveling. Since they refuse to pick up the phone to call their head office, I decided to call their Hotline instead.

The hotline leads to the main outlet at Woodlands. At the other end of the line, is the sound of a Malay man who spoke english. I describe to him my issue and ask for a cheaper rate but he insisted on his rate and instead told me to go elsewhere. I was mad hearing that and ask for his name because I find that is very rude to come from a customer service hotline. He ignored me and hung up on me. [thumbsdown][furious][mad] On hearing my conversation, the Kaki Bukit staff (a PRC girl) agreed that her colleague's attitude was poor but stop short of an apology. I left the shop fuming, not because they refuse to give me a cheaper rate but because of the extremely bad service attitude from the hotline.

Robert, if you are reading this post, I want to say I am utterly disappointed with Hankook's poor service attitude. You can insist on your charges but it is also a customer's right to bargain. If no agreement, at most I walk out. But to have your customer service staff telling me to take the business elsewhere when I have brought the business to you, is downright rude and unacceptable. Not forgetting that he refuse to divulge his name when I ask for it and he hung up the phone on me.

Hankook has a good product but with such service attitude, I won't buy Hankook again. [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

From the title, thought it was customer's attitude was bad and Hankook is complaining. Read then know it is bad customer SERVICE attitude.

U demand for his name and he is obligated to tell u?

Dare to tell customer to go elsewhere but dare not give his name? Coward isn't it?

Supercharged
(edited)

next time buy from shop that offer free rotation, eg. i got fr PH and they did free x-rotate for me

Edited by Eyke

well, the tile is true.. bad attitude from customer..

already told you it's their standard rate.... u insist on squeezing for discount.... didn't get what you want and now they kena on poor service... sigh....

Went to woodlands branch to patch my V12 tire as one of it kanna a screw . As a member , its FOC tire patch and FOC nitrogen pump . The staff kept promoting their products and ignore my request for pumping air to my tire despite my reminder . In the end , i went back to my regular petrol station to pump my tires .

I would say that service level has taken a nose dive as this is the 4th time i went back to them since a year ago .

already told you it's their standard rate.... u insist on squeezing for discount.... didn't get what you want and now they kena on poor service... sigh....

Only the $15 is standard rate for standard rotation. Swoping is priced as "P.O.A.", which to me is negotiable. In any case, the price is no longer important.

It is simply rude and unacceptable to ask a customer to take the business elsewhere, which is my point.

Neutral Newbie

agreed with you bro Sony... another case trying to show that "ones thought banging the table hard enough, you will get your way?"

I bought my tyres from the same outlet, personally i find their staff friendly. I went to look at rim & tyres at least 2-3 times without buying anything but they never show me black face and still answer my questions.

I think just your bad luck to "met" the guy on the hotline. recently i called the hotline many times to ask for tyres size, all the times, it's a friendly PRC girl.

(edited)

Some months back I bought four V12 tires from Hankook's Kaki Bukit outlet. Today I went back there for tyre rotation. For straight forward front to back/back to front rotation, they charge $15. However as my tires wear on the inner edge (especially the front), I requested that the front tires be swop to the opposite side and place at the rear, and the back tires moved to the front (no swop). This is to even out the wear so that the tires last.

Obviously I am aware that two of my tires need to be removed from and remounted on the wheels and that involves extra work and cost. The staff at Kaki Bukit tried to discourage me giving reasons that the side wall is susceptible to damage if removed from the wheel. [hur] I do not accept the reason and insist on my way. Now they quoted me an extra $40 to do that on top of the $15 originally chargeable. [confused]

As I felt that this is is way too expensive (I have done rotation in this manner before at a much cheaper rate elsewhere) but because since the tires were bought from them and I am already there, I tired negotiating for a lower charge. They insisted that that is their rate and will not barge. I suggested that they speak with their boss but only to get the reply that Robert is traveling. Since they refuse to pick up the phone to call their head office, I decided to call their Hotline instead.

The hotline leads to the main outlet at Woodlands. At the other end of the line, is the sound of a Malay man who spoke english. I describe to him my issue and ask for a cheaper rate but he insisted on his rate and instead told me to go elsewhere. I was mad hearing that and ask for his name because I find that is very rude to come from a customer service hotline. He ignored me and hung up on me. [thumbsdown][furious][mad] On hearing my conversation, the Kaki Bukit staff (a PRC girl) agreed that her colleague's attitude was poor but stop short of an apology. I left the shop fuming, not because they refuse to give me a cheaper rate but because of the extremely bad service attitude from the hotline.

Robert, if you are reading this post, I want to say I am utterly disappointed with Hankook's poor service attitude. You can insist on your charges but it is also a customer's right to bargain. If no agreement, at most I walk out. But to have your customer service staff telling me to take the business elsewhere when I have brought the business to you, is downright rude and unacceptable. Not forgetting that he refuse to divulge his name when I ask for it and he hung up the phone on me.

Hankook has a good product but with such service attitude, I won't buy Hankook again. [thumbsdown]

Bro, If I read correctly, The additional $25 is not expensive (original $15, with swap tyre $40). In fact, its lower than ave tyre shop price.

Most tyre shop will charge $5 to $10 for removal of the tyre from 1 rim and reinstall the tyre back to the rim. After doing that, they will have to do tyre balancing, which will cost you ather $5 to $10 per tyre.... in fact, some tyre shop may even charge you additional $5 per rubber air valve (not reusable after taking out the tyre from rim unless you are using metal screw in type) for 2 tyres, that would means that typical tyre shop will usually $20 to $50. so? $25 is consider cheap. At such price, if they still discount for you, think they will close shop very soon liao

Edited by Tigershark1976

I agree with your frustration. Service level has indeed gone down. But they will still get business from their regular or loyal customers.

Hankook makes decent tyres, but there are better ones out there... invest more budget when shopping for tyres then...

Turbocharged

or you can be like me la ... each one of my tires costs $800 ... for that price ... whatever i ask tan chong do ... they do, and they always go the extra mile. im sure they also have to make money, but everytime i go to fill nitrogen(just when passing by), its free ... repairing of the tires also they settle very fast.

before this, i used to go to a tire shop along tanjong katong road ... just before the SPC ... the guy's name is ah hin. probably the most honest tire salesman i have ever met in my life ... even shoo me away telling me come back at xxxx km to change and after i come a few weeks later ... still say can drive, why change when still can tahan >< ... rotate also he do for free as customer service since my dad and i both buy tires from him. pity he cant do gtr ... otherwise most likely i would have gone back to him.

even pancit tire also he assist to jack up, repair, and then can tell me it wasnt much work and he will either not charge, or ask for $5...

to me .. thats the best customer service ive received ever fr tires man ... if u live nearby, maybe u shud go see him.

Bro, If I read correctly, The additional $25 is not expensive (original $15, with swap tyre $40). In fact, its lower than ave tyre shop price.

Most tyre shop will charge $5 to $10 for removal of the tyre from 1 rim and reinstall the tyre back to the rim. After doing that, they will have to do tyre balancing, which will cost you ather $5 to $10 per tyre.... in fact, some tyre shop may even charge you additional $5 per rubber air valve (not reusable after taking out the tyre from rim unless you are using metal screw in type) for 2 tyres, that would means that typical tyre shop will usually $20 to $50. so? $25 is consider cheap. At such price, if they still discount for you, think they will close shop very soon liao

Bro, they wanna charge me total $55 ($15 + $20x2 for flipping 2 tires), not $40. If it is $40, I will just pay although it isn't cheap.

or you can be like me la ... each one of my tires costs $800 ... for that price ... whatever i ask tan chong do ... they do, and they always go the extra mile. im sure they also have to make money, but everytime i go to fill nitrogen(just when passing by), its free ... repairing of the tires also they settle very fast.

before this, i used to go to a tire shop along tanjong katong road ... just before the SPC ... the guy's name is ah hin. probably the most honest tire salesman i have ever met in my life ... even shoo me away telling me come back at xxxx km to change and after i come a few weeks later ... still say can drive, why change when still can tahan >< ... rotate also he do for free as customer service since my dad and i both buy tires from him. pity he cant do gtr ... otherwise most likely i would have gone back to him.

even pancit tire also he assist to jack up, repair, and then can tell me it wasnt much work and he will either not charge, or ask for $5...

to me .. thats the best customer service ive received ever fr tires man ... if u live nearby, maybe u shud go see him.

Visited that shop a few years back. It was a Sunday, one of my tyre losing air so I changed it out with a spare. Usually not a lot of tyre shop open on Sundays, but somehow I got an impression there's a tyre shop around there which opens on Sundays, so i tried my luck and drove to that shop to check. End up it is not punctured, just happened to lao hong. He pumped the tyre and changed it back for me. Paid 5 bucks. That guy's service is good, never really push sales or whatsoever.

i had a different experience but it was years ago....

reach there at 5pm with a puntured tyre, they said shop close liow........go fly kite <_<

so much for service.... [thumbsdown]

i had a different experience but it was years ago....

reach there at 5pm with a puntured tyre, they said shop close liow........go fly kite <_<

so much for service.... [thumbsdown]

Omg haha perhaps I'm lucky that time. You went on a weekday or weekend?

Erm... did they put up a sign that says,"Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed"? :D

Last I recall Sgp is nowhere tops when it comes to service. In fact it's rank at the bottom of the toilet bowl (just kidding). Businesses dun even have some kind of service standard to meet. In manufacturing, we know there's quality standard to meet, iso standards etc. How about service? I mean do we see some standard or not? No. We are really backwards when it comes to service.

↡ Advertisement