Concerns About Fast-Food Delivery Staff & Their Motorcycles

Vulcann

Neutral Newbie

You know what? We could suggest to our MP that due to our wet weather condition, it would be advisable for delivery to be done with small cars. Kei cars requirement. Coe category all for f&b. Money and moral hand in hand. Lobby them in parliament. Wish I had jbj guts not his temper but his guts.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Those who ride bikes want to enjoy the cornering feel.

Some expert says, find a job that one likes best and it will never feel like a job.

So i guess those who use their own motorcycles for deliveries or courier services must be loving theor job. As it combine their hobbies and job together.

You know what? We could suggest to our MP that due to our wet weather condition, it would be advisable for delivery to be done with small cars. Kei cars requirement. Coe category all for f&b. Money and moral hand in hand. Lobby them in parliament. Wish I had jbj guts not his temper but his guts.

this issue has nothing to do with MP right?

this issue has nothing to do with MP right?

MPs are supposed to lobby for such issues..and not for petty issues like asking for aid or monetary assistance or asking to waive parking fines or court summons or delaying hdb monthly payments

The other day when i reached one traffic junction, and this delivery bike from some sushi shop U-turn sharply and obvious did not look out on the oncoming traffic. Luckily i was slow and after that this bike was riding on the extreme right lane and suddenly change onto my lane, and so i horned at the bike and this idiot then purposely slow down his bike and then block my way. <_< This persom really a loser, in the wrong and yet still trying to be funny. [shakehead]

worst thing about these bikers is they like to over take from the left at a slip road.... that is so darn foolish....

when turning in a slip road drivers focus mainly on oncoming traffic from the right and any pedestrians crossing the zebra crossing... the last thing a driver expect is some biker to squeeze between the the kerb and his/her car....

If really die die so impatient must overtake, go from the right la... at least you are more visible... haiz riding already dangerous liao still dont want to look after themselves...

Just encountered one McD delivery guy who rode along the sheltered walkway all the way up to the lift lobby. Family had to give way to him when he came charging along and had to endure the huge plume of exhaust smoke. Managed to login and reported him at the McD delivery website. No regards for residents' safety at all, weaving in and out along the sheltered walkways and void deck. Blardy hell!

Turbocharged

Just encountered one McD delivery guy who rode along the sheltered walkway all the way up to the lift lobby. Family had to give way to him when he came charging along and had to endure the huge plume of exhaust smoke. Managed to login and reported him at the McD delivery website. No regards for residents' safety at all, weaving in and out along the sheltered walkways and void deck. Blardy hell!

I wonder if McD will be liable any damages caused by their employee/ contractors when they insist on such unsafe practises. Giving lip service to safety does not cut it anymore in today's market.

I wonder what is written on their Safe Work Procedure, Risk Assessment and Method of Statement. Since their business can directly impact the public, can we request to view those document?

sinkies' logic - must be a foreigner [:p]

Hell rider  [laugh]  [laugh]

Food delivery rider from hell jailed
Elena Chong Court Correspondent  PUBLISHED 4 HOURS AGO

29-year-old commits eight offences in five separate incidents over a span of six months

As a food delivery rider one would expect him to be polite, but Addy Izwan Ahmad let his violent behaviour land him in trouble instead.

Over a span of six months, the 29-year-old committed eight offences in five separate incidents, including using criminal force on an enforcement officer, using abusive words and committing mischief.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Dwayne Lum told the court yesterday that Izwan showed he had no qualms reoffending each time.

On Nov 18 last year, he parked his motorcycle near the taxi stand at Jurong Point and was told by enforcement officer Tipagaran Sadayel, 30, to move it away, the court heard.

When he did not do so, Mr Sadayel took down his licence plate number. Izwan became angry and splashed the warm milk tea he was drinking on Mr Sadayel. He also hurled vulgarities when the officer called the police.

Yesterday, District Judge Chay Yuen Fatt sentenced Izwan, who is now in a drug rehabilitation centre, to 18 weeks' jail after he pleaded guilty to five of the eight charges against him. Izwan was also ordered to pay $700 for the cost of repairs to two dents on the car of Mr Ryan Teo Yi Quan, 21, in a road rage incident on April 6 this year.

In an earlier incident, Izwan was warded at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital after a road traffic accident on Dec 29. Two days later, he asked a nurse to get the doctor as he wanted to leave the hospital. She told him the doctor was on his way and asked him to wait. Later the nurse saw him leaving the ward and again told him the doctor was on his way to approve his discharge. He saw the nurse as he was leaving the hospital and spat at her. A security officer detained him.

In the road rage incident, Izwan's motorbike and Mr Teo's car came very close to each other during a right turn. When the two men stopped at the traffic light junction in front of McDonald's in Bukit Batok West Avenue 5, Izwan got off his motorbike and kicked the driver's door while shouting at Mr Teo to get out of the car. He also kicked the right fender and tried to pull open the two front doors. Mr Teo's 20-year-old woman friend was in the front passenger seat.

Even after the two vehicles had moved off, Izwan continued shouting at Mr Teo. He left the scene when Mr Teo called the police.

On April 27, two police officers stopped Izwan in Bukit Batok Street 21 to check on him for suspected drug offences. He hurled vulgarities at one of the officers and was arrested. Izwan has previous convictions for robbery, rioting with a deadly weapon, mischief, affray and causing hurt.

• Praise 1

Hell rider [laugh][laugh]

this guy has totally no regard for others... not sure if he was drug influenced when committing the offences. hope he can reflect during the 18 weeks.

Turbocharged

this guy has totally no regard for others... not sure if he was drug influenced when committing the offences. hope he can reflect during the 18 weeks.

i bet we'll see his name in the papers again within the next 30 months.

• Praise 1