Jogger Hit by Car - Died

Poper

Hypersonic

I was at the scene just know, heard from those around it was gurkha that died. Saw the driver, very young chap, could be younger than 20.

Supercharged

The Gurkha used to run around that area, along Upp Seranogon Road, and Potong Pasoir Ave 1 and they usually run in a group of 3 or 4 persons.

I was at the scene just know, heard from those around it was gurkha that died. Saw the driver, very young chap, could be younger than 20.

What is gurkha?

What the H*LL is happening to drivers in Singapore??!!!!

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...tong_pasir.html

"STOMPer K noticed that a Toyota Vios had veered onto the pedestrian pathway opposite Potong Pasir Block 101 at about 7pm today (June 02). A jogger was hit by the car, and died on the scene."

Most current new generation cars are design and equiped with a powerful responsive engine to sprint 0~100km/h in a matter of 10's seconds, the real cause is "Reckless Driver" whom has lost total controls of thier vehicle like a run loose power train heading towards disastrous mishap to themself and other road users.

Rest In Peace to the innocent and unfortunate Jogger [:(]

Very true....15-20 years ago......a Porsche that can do 10s will be considered a sport car.

Nowadays sub 8s are common in ordinary cars.

It's weird the Stomper called the TP instead of calling for the ambulance. I mean which is easier to call? 995 or some TP number? :blink:

• Praise 1

(edited)

What is gurkha?

In SG, Gurkhas are special forces hired by the police force.. They are from Nepal but I believe many of the young ones are 2nd generation folks. These guys are known to be fearless and tough, and are often hired by countries for special work or body guards.

There was one MCF posting this year about one Gurkha fighting off 10+ guys in India if I recall. Many years back, I witnessed some Karate grading and the Gurkha kids sparred with our SG kids... Expectedly, our own kids kanna whacked upside down and cried [blush]

Edited by Poper

I was at the scene during the aftermath. A lot of ppl were calling the police n ambulance. All were concerned abt the motionless gurkha officer but couldn't do much. The car driver was a very young chap. I guess 20-21yo, dun seem to have served ns. Can't see pics clearly too but i guess it is low-lit area as there are no light pole at the accident scene.

Poor gurkha officer. Deepest condolensces to the family.

(edited)

In SG, Gurkhas are special forces hired by the police force.. They are from Nepal but I believe many of the young ones are 2nd generation folks. These guys are known to be fearless and tough, and are often hired by countries for special work or body guards.

There was one MCF posting this year about one Gurkha fighting off 10+ guys in India if I recall. Many years back, I witnessed some Karate grading and the Gurkha kids sparred with our SG kids... Expectedly, our own kids kanna whacked upside down and cried [blush]

You may be aware those are advertisements. The truth: more/most of them are mentally more matured and do not panic in crisses. Tough? yes. Fearless? [laugh] (Mas Selamat got away) You may have read that during WW2, only natives armed with spears/arrows defeatedt the fire-armed Japanese Army within weeks in Papua New Guinea

Edited by Good-Carbuyer
↡ Advertisement