Dual SIM smartphone users come in!

Kelpie

Supersonic

I saw there is one HTC new model smartphone which comes with dual SIM card. Maybe you can check out at HTC shop. ^_^

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi all,

Any experts there who can recommend a dual SIM Smart phones, that are currently available in SG/MY?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Can go People's Park Complex, there got a lot of H/P Shop selling dual sim china made H/P <I even see one Land Rover H/P (Of Cos not Land Rover but some other name that sounds like Land Rover)

Price range i think about: 70-120

*Beware: most china made phone come with same IMEI No. for all the same model, so if someone manage to get banned on a network, the whole batch of phone will also be banned [laugh] Remember to check between 2 same HP model and see if they have the same IMEI No. before buying

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

Lenovo i369a abt $169 only.

Xiaomi Redmi also $169, $192 for package with additional Battery,desktop charger, screen protector and phone protector etc.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

anyone with the above can help me try this ? I do not need a recommendation for a dual sim smart phone ... I just want to find out if the below will work or not.

I would like to know if for a dual sim smart phone, can we I put in my own SG card (for roaming) and then for the second card, put in a foreign data sim card and set it to be a hotspot card ?

meaning my SG card will tap on the foreign data-sim for data access ? when I am overseas ?

all in the same phone ? so i do not have to carry two phones ?

(coz now I will use my Samsung Note with a foreign datasim and set it to be a hotspot, and then use my Xperia Z with SG card inside for roaming and access the wifi of the Note.)

(edited)

anyone with the above can help me try this ? I do not need a recommendation for a dual sim smart phone ... I just want to find out if the below will work or not.

I would like to know if for a dual sim smart phone, can we I put in my own SG card (for roaming) and then for the second card, put in a foreign data sim card and set it to be a hotspot card ?

meaning my SG card will tap on the foreign data-sim for data access ? when I am overseas ?

(coz now I will use my Samsung Note with a foreign datasim and set it to be a hotspot, and then use my Xperia Z with SG card inside for roaming and access the wifi of the Note.)

depends on what phone, some dual sim phone only have one 3G slot and one 2G, if you are overseas, you will put the local data sim in the 3G slot for data access (internet), you SG sim card will be at 2G slot for making phone call and sms only (hence no data access and been charge for usage accidentally).

Edited by Jman888

what i normally do is, i put one country's local data sim in my redmi, then i set it to tether, then i use my samsung to share the internet

Out of stock. [:/]

Xiaomi Redmi also $169, $192 for package with additional Battery,desktop charger, screen protector and phone protector etc.

(edited)

It should work. What I am doing now is I put my calling sim in one slot (SIM 1) and the other data sim in the 2nd slot (SIM 2). Then configure the call and SMS from SIM 1. Data will come from SIM 2. Whatsapp and Line will be taking the number from the 1st SIM so there is no conflict there.

Only thing is got to run both SIMs and battery consumption will go up.

Also note Jman888 comments on the 2G and 3G sim slots.

Edited by Hjteo

Twincharged

what i normally do is, i put one country's local data sim in my redmi, then i set it to tether, then i use my samsung to share the internet

yup that's what i am doing now .. carry two phones when i a overseas.

Out of stock. [:/]

I camped their webby since march, only managed to get a hand of it during end May with the help of my brother. [sweatdrop]

yup that's what i am doing now .. carry two phones when i a overseas.

Probably a wiser choice, when robbed, hand the cheaper phone to the Robber.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Am using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (1st gen). There is a newer Galaxy Grand 2 Duos now. The Duos indicates 2-sim. Samsung brings in the single sim model but you should be able to get the dual sim version (grey market, parallel import) from those Ah Beng phone shops for <$400.

Phone is reasonably cheap for 5". Battery consumption average. Processor may not be the fastest but sufficient. Only thing I wish it had more is RAM. Comes with external memory card slot. Enough to take care of your memory space needs. Battery life is good for 1.5 to 2 days with WiFi and 4G usage. GPS use will of course drain the battery. Galaxy Grand 2 uses micro sim. The older version uses full size sim. Current version runs Android 4.2.2. Should be upgradeable as and when Samsung pushes out a new firmware.

Edited by Flying_genie
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

I camped their webby since march, only managed to get a hand of it during end May with the help of my brother. [sweatdrop]

Probably a wiser choice, when robbed, hand the cheaper phone to the Robber.

was considering the Redmi also until my colleague told me the camera is not so clear.

anyway, if you are following, the new version is the Redmi S1 - same phone but using Qualcomm chip iso MTK.

Am using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (1st gen). There is a newer Galaxy Grand 2 Duos now. Phone is reasonably cheap for 5". Battery consumption average.

bought a Gold battery on Qoo10 ... and from one 8 hours, my Note1 can now tahan about 2 days !! so if i am going to carry 2 phones, then no need to make any changes.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1