New Singapore ----start with clean toilets?

KARTer

toilets must stop using those flush-less system! they may save water but they sure make toilet stinky!

actually if toilet stinky naturally users will also take less care when they do their business... if a toilet is pang pang smell nice, usually user will also take a bit more care...

↡ Advertisement

Those petrol stations award winning toilets.....nowadays also very run down.

The cowtex is still one of the cleaner toilet maybe not 5 star but at least ok 4 star la. IMO tiger is the most run down and dirty

Just put a camera in the toilet lah..fine plus corrective order sure can make it works... [laugh]

what must the user do to be caught? not aiming properly, or drip his wee wee? which means the cam will have to aim at his kuku!! :o

btw, hope scentists/chemists can come up with chemical which can be sprayed on to the floor and react with urine spills to give a nice smell!!! I use one kind of drops which react to our poo in the toilet bowl and gives up nice smell. Before bombing, just a few drops into the water, and the bomb dropped into the water will react with the drops to make nice a smell [thumbsup]

I think most coffeeshop toilets have some inherent design problem. Could be space issues (i.e. too small/ enclosed or lack of ventilation).

The parks, or reservoirs' toilets are usually quite well designed. (especially the newer designs are) Open concept and very well ventilated.

I do agree the users have a part to play but the designs/ materials/ traffic flow should take the first hit.

BCA or architecture faculty/ interior decor can come up with competitions and design some toilets for heartlander neighbourhood coffeeshop toilets.

All for the name of functionality and hygiene, achieve good balance on cost/benefit ratio.

Aim for red dot design in toilet environment for peasants (if there is such category :p).

Some rental or property tax discount if they achieve A grade (as suggested by Kiadaw) is a good start too.

The ideas are good [thumbsup]

Talking about ventilation, i saw portable floor-fans used in some public toilets in malaysia, the strong air current takes away the smell. But toilets there are usually spacious and can accommodate these fans placed on the floor.

Internal Moderator

U never splash water n water kanna your face before?

Imagine if the s--t were to ride on the way n onto yr face.

haha i'm having breakfast in office and i see this s--t kena face thing. lol.

thanks man! hahaha. :huh:

The ideas are good [thumbsup]

Talking about ventilation, i saw portable floor-fans used in some public toilets in malaysia, the strong air current takes away the smell. But toilets there are usually spacious and can accommodate these fans placed on the floor.

actually in taipei's subway, they also placed such blowers in their toilet which isnt that big either... btw i think it is also fair for our MRT toilets to be just for paying customers (in side the paid area of the station)... that way will incentivize MRT to maintain the toilets, imo, this makes sense too since if u get a delay which happens (and happens) and you need to go pee, what happens??

Supersonic

we don't need clean toilets, we need clean PEOPLE !

Nothing wrong with the toilets, but something wrong with the users of the toilet. [:p]

haha i'm having breakfast in office and i see this s--t kena face thing. lol.

thanks man! hahaha. :huh:

are you having lunch now???

s--t is just recycled food.

Reviving this thread as there really is a list of world's best toilets.

I do prefer form following function.

The Hiroshima restrooms infuse local culture elements in the design (resembling origami cranes).

Polish design is quite good too, practical and stylish.

There is a book on toilet designs too.

maybe I am not that well travelled .... but it seems that all the countries I have visited do not have toilets readily available like SG.

my last trip to MEL city ... we were staying in Docklands ... and i can't seem to be able and public toilets between my apartment and the Coles !

went into the office building and all the toilets were locked and for tenants only !!

maybe I am not that well travelled .... but it seems that all the countries I have visited do not have toilets readily available like SG.

my last trip to MEL city ... we were staying in Docklands ... and i can't seem to be able and public toilets between my apartment and the Coles !

went into the office building and all the toilets were locked and for tenants only !!

True, hard to find toilets in many countries. 

True, hard to find toilets in many countries. 

when we went Vietnam , the guide had to tell us to take turns to enter the Mcdonalds there to use their toilets so as not to create inconvenience for the customers there ....else will kenah chase out.

but in many part of China is very different [laugh] [laugh]

but in many part of China is very different [laugh] [laugh]

china has improved tremendously over the years already ...

even the tour guides will comment on their toilets on the tours ... they will say, 10 years ago you come, no toilets or bad condition ... but now, cleaner and more toilets.

even my mom also joked  about  one time she went to a public toilet there ... she described the female toilet as a room with a low wall in the middle. you can chat face to face with the other user(s) when doing your business in the toilet at the same time !!

even the tour guides will comment on their toilets on the tours ... they will say, 10 years ago you come, no toilets or bad condition ... but now, cleaner and more toilets.

even my mom also joked  about  one time she went to a public toilet there ... she described the female toilet as a room with a low wall in the middle. you can chat face to face with the other user(s) when doing your business in the toilet at the same time !!

In Sg, there is a lot of shopping mall.

Trying going to Shenton Way on Sunday.  See how ez is it to find toilet.

still see kids doing it in the street though.

Yah female toilet quite scary, they dun bother to close or lock the door even if come with one, PRC are so OPEN!   [laugh]

In Sg, there is a lot of shopping mall.

Trying going to Shenton Way on Sunday.  See how ez is it to find toilet.

lau pa sat ?

what do they have in shenton way on a sunday ?? anyway closest mrt is raffles and tanjong pagar ... so should not be too bad ?

going there this Saturday ... to the NTUC building there ... luckily after 12:30pm is per entry ...else will die of the hourly parking fees !!

↡ Advertisement