2013 Cruze

Erykool

GM Korea is a rebadged daewoo. Chevrolet is American.

You're in American talk... or should this Thread be shifted to Korean Talk?

What about Chrysler? Buick? are they Chinese Cars? perhaps rebadged Cherry?

On January 20, 2011, General Motors announced that GM Daewoo would be renamed GM Korea "to reflect [Daewoo's] heightened status in [the] global operations of GM,"[2] effective March 2011. Most of the former Daewoo products were rebadged as Chevrolets. GM´s luxury division Cadillac is also available in South Korea.

what is wrong with rebadge, is daewoo that bad? Perhaps a pix will tell more....

unless you talk about a corvette, then that is a true blue American chevrolet product.

post-25943-0-99695500-1438560015_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Ok ok. We got your point.

There is no need to debate to death where Cruze comes from.

A good car is a good car. It doesn't matter where it is being built, design or whatever.

It is a very poor mentality (especially Singaporean) to determine the quality of a car based on purely where it is being or if the brand originates from which country.

The best parallel I can draw is Apple. Design in US, made in China. Is the quality that bad?

Edited by Gizmore
  • Praise 1

I like the staionwagon or estate version of the cruze. The 1.4L turbo engine is really an improvement over the 1.6L. The handling, ride comfort and sound insulation are better dan a lot of Toyota and Honda of the same category. Actually the sound insulation is better dan its cousin the Opel Astra. But becoz of our unique COE it falls under CatB. Maybe that's why it's not in many CatA buyers' list.

At least the 2013 Cruze is globally the same be it being a badged Daewoo or Holden or Chevrolet. However the coming 2016 Cruze looks different for the US market, China and S.Korea. I wonder why Chevy make them so distinctive from the different markets.

Local AD should be selling the 2015 Cruze by now. Should be the same as the Korean website, the one with the square tail lights. Must be trying to clear stock.

Edited by Watwheels

I test drove it, and the gearbox was dimwitted. In normal driving it was okay, and the motor did a decent job of pretending to have bigger capacity by having good midrange punch. But it does not like surprises - be it quickly moving off the line, or suddenly flattening the throttle for overtaking, it takes a while to respond, and then gets flustered, shifting down quickly two gears. The 6AT should be a mature product and they should have long-sorted out its programming.

GM is American.

GMDAT is GM.

GM Korea is GM.

Chevrolet Cruze is aarrow-10x10.png rebadged Daewoo.

GM's original Chevrolet Cruze is derivedarrow-10x10.png from Suzuki Swift.

The original name of Cruze used on a small Suzuki hatchback was a totally different car for a different market. It has no heritage in the current Cruze.

The current Cruze is an all new platform based on GM Delta II designed by Opel of Germany and mostly built in Korea but also in Ohio in the States. It uses a Opel Ecotec engine and gearbox.

Strictly speaking, the Cruze is "Opel-engineered" and the the Daewo Lacetti a rebadged "Chevrolet Cruze", not the other way round.

Supercharged

I believe no car is perfect... And Cruze is no diff. I had a friend whose ride had suffered gearbox failure twice, power widow can't wind up, alternator up lorry within 3 years of getting his cruze... 2nd gearbox failure he had to pay for the gearbox replacement, same for his alternator replacement.

Other faults included warped brake disc, harden suspension... If you get a lemon car... everything will turn sour...

Nothing wrong with being a rebadged daewoo... just correcting the phrase "Chevrolet is indeed a rebadged Daewoo..."

I always think people's misconception of Chevrolet is GM's issue, more work needed on the Marketing/Outreach; as I do not watch soccer, sponsoring Man-U and a bunch of overpaid athletes for the next 7 seasons didn't mattered at all; this might work differently for others.

But from a Automotive enthusiast point of view, the production car market is alot about value for money, and that include juggling various production costs; incl. supply chain as one other member mentioned. All this to pass on cost savings to somewhere....

When it comes to drive quality, I must say I pay alot of attention to details and am a meticulous person. The Cruze comes none close to the ride quality of the top brand like BMW, Audi, Jaguar, Volvo... but it holds itself very well to the likes of VW bnb fleet.

KIA, the true blue korean brand... has much to show. Many are in a state of denial, but put any model beside their Japanese counterpart and you'd be baffled, in terms of both body and paper.

But then again, ask a average carbuyer to choose between a K3-SX and a Cruze1.4T if both where at the same price and Kit level... you'd be surprise those that pick the K3. Its mostly a blend of "stigma + ignorance + herd mentality"...

"at the end of the day, Cruze also korean ma"...

meh...

On January 20, 2011, General Motors announced that GM Daewoo would be renamed GM Korea "to reflect [Daewoo's] heightened status in [the] global operations of GM,"[2] effective March 2011. Most of the former Daewoo products were rebadged as Chevrolets. GM´s luxury division Cadillac is also available in South Korea.

what is wrong with rebadge, is daewoo that bad? Perhaps a pix will tell more....

unless you talk about a corvette, then that is a true blue American chevrolet product.

Edited by TideChas3r

The original name of Cruze used on a small Suzuki hatchback was a totally different car for a different market. It has no heritage in the current Cruze.

The current Cruze is an all new platform based on GM Delta II designed by Opel of Germany and mostly built in Korea but also in Ohio in the States. It uses a Opel Ecotec engine and gearbox.

Strictly speaking, the Cruze is "Opel-engineered" and the the Daewo Lacetti a rebadged "Chevrolet Cruze", not the other way round.

Yes, while it has no heritage, it is still the first Cruze under GM.

It is Daewoo Lacetti Premiere under the GM Delta II platform. I stand corrected.

+ Infotainment system not very well designed.

I believe no car is perfect... And Cruze is no diff. I had a friend whose ride had suffered gearbox failure twice, power widow can't wind up, alternator up lorry within 3 years of getting his cruze... 2nd gearbox failure he had to pay for the gearbox replacement, same for his alternator replacement.

Other faults included warped brake disc, harden suspension... If you get a lemon car... everything will turn sour...

Occasional Shift shocks on the Orlando as well.

Can attest to the GBox not receptive to power surge... and only drives well under smoothly operated conditions. On the contrary, the VW DSG takes aggressive driving to the next level.

You should check out the 5008 ETG, and then you'll find a new winner for "Dimwitted". No shocks... just passive; and they kill you slowly & softly.

I test drove it, and the gearbox was dimwitted. In normal driving it was okay, and the motor did a decent job of pretending to have bigger capacity by having good midrange punch. But it does not like surprises - be it quickly moving off the line, or suddenly flattening the throttle for overtaking, it takes a while to respond, and then gets flustered, shifting down quickly two gears. The 6AT should be a mature product and they should have long-sorted out its programming.

Hi cruzers, does anyone service your Cruze at workshops other than alpine or RDY motors? I'm looking for a recommended workshop for servicing of my Cruze and changing timing belt too..

Hi All,

I am consider to get a Cruze 1.6A 2010

Any review? Hope get some feedback from member here.

Thank you

Hi, I am driving a 2010 model cruze but manual transmission. I am not too sure about auto gb I hear a few have gb hipcups.

On a separate note, the car is damn solid even though it's heavy you will love it when cruising on the expressway. You won't feel floaty/buang at 130km/h.

Maintenance wise is very similar to MIJ cars. No problem at all as long as you give it TLC :D

Hi, I am driving a 2010 model cruze but manual transmission. I am not too sure about auto gb I hear a few have gb hipcups.

On a separate note, the car is damn solid even though it's heavy you will love it when cruising on the expressway. You won't feel floaty/buang at 130km/h.

Maintenance wise is very similar to MIJ cars. No problem at all as long as you give it TLC :D

Hi Azaouogh

Thank your advise .

I had just take delivery of my 2010 Auto Cruze last week. pick up is no no cos the weight of the car. But cruising on expressway is shiok.

I was think if there any mind like other cruze owner in this MCF? or there is another forums for ChvroletCruze?

I try register on Team Chevrolet Singapore forums but I never receive any email for my registration, therefore unable to log in to view.

Thank You

Hi Azaouogh

Thank your advise .

I had just take delivery of my 2010 Auto Cruze last week. pick up is no no cos the weight of the car. But cruising on expressway is shiok.

I was think if there any mind like other cruze owner in this MCF? or there is another forums for ChvroletCruze?

I try register on Team Chevrolet Singapore forums but I never receive any email for my registration, therefore unable to log in to view.

Thank You

Hello,

I am another fellow Chevy Cruze owner here. Driving a 2013 Face-lifted model with 1.6l engine.

I agree the acceleration is nothing to shout about, but like the name suggests, it cruises sweetly on expressways.

Usually, if I encounter problems, I will check out other forums from US. If you read my earlier posts, I do have quite a few unique hiccups in my 2 years of ownership (eg. code 89, which Service Advisor insisted was not a known code, but it was acknowledged in the US forums).

Its a great car and hope you enjoy how it handles.

Hello,

I am another fellow Chevy Cruze owner here. Driving a 2013 Face-lifted model with 1.6l engine. 

I agree the acceleration is nothing to shout about, but like the name suggests, it cruises sweetly on expressways.

Usually, if I encounter problems, I will check out other forums from US. If you read my earlier posts, I do have quite a few unique hiccups in my 2 years of ownership (eg. code 89, which Service Advisor insisted was not a known code, but it was acknowledged in the US forums).

Its a great car and hope you enjoy how it handles. 

Hi Yapcc

Great to a see fellow Cruze owner here. do you know if any forum for cruze? I found one but after register, I unable to log in at all.

Coe out..who got their cruze? Im in my 5th bidding already still not successful.. Totally waste of time.

Hi Darren

if your dealer offer you 6 bidding COE, by 6th you are able to get it.

Hi Shawnwong81,

I am unaware of any other local Cruze forums. Most forums I browse are based in US. They do have pretty good information, especially if you are as unlucky as I am to encounter mysterious 'Code 89' error. 

I am waiting for the release of the new Cruze. Saw the China version and thought it looks really good. Hopefully by the time it reaches here, COE will be more affordable.

Hi Yapcc

Great to a see fellow Cruze owner here. do you know if any forum for cruze? I found one but after register, I unable to log in at all.

Hi Darren

if your dealer offer you 6 bidding COE, by 6th you are able to get it.

↡ Advertisement