ELECTRIC Bill ALL TIME HIGH

Pentium

My electric bills hit historical high liao.

1 aircon, use washing machine on 2 times per week, only 2 person , now $265

↡ Advertisement

could it be your aircon and washing machine are old model and not energy efficient

but still very expensive

You neber on lights, TV, PC, etc etc?

4th Gear

Mine 4 persons, 2 aircon on during every night. Bill ard $240. Think yours beri beri high. Could it be something that's causing this?

Turbocharged
(edited)

Mine 4 persons, 2 aircon on during every night. Bill ard $240. Think yours beri beri high. Could it be something that's causing this?

maybe he just move in. previous few month not live there yet so when suddenly Singapore power check. their average out become high price.

Edited by Joseph22

(edited)

I wasn't surprised How Singapore Power calculate base on alternate month estimted and actual reading...

My monthly total bills was arounf $220 ~ $240 (3 air-con / 1 fridge / washing machine usage at 3 times a week)

1. Jan 2012 : My bills drop to $180 as i control my house hold usage.

2. Feb to Mar 2012 : Singapore Power come and replaced my meter and just drop me a noted after getting it replaced without informing me before hand.

3. Apr 2012 : My bills shoot up to $247 (During this period of Apr, my fridge was down and left without a fridge for almost 3 weeks / Washing machine was down for 1 week)

4. May 2012 : I was shocked that my bills was $300+

I called them and question them why my bills was so high during my absence of fridge and washing machine even though my air-con usage was ON only during the nite / TV / lighting / fan........... same habit for the past 5 years.

I requested them to check the new meter and stop them from deducting the bills from my Giro acc. until now they haven't even get back to me on this issue as it is almost 3 weeks liao.....

Felt cheated by them......

Edited by Colourblind

Turbocharged

I wasn't surprised How Singapore Power calculate base on alternate month estimted and actual reading...

My monthly total bills was arounf $220 ~ $240 (3 air-con / 1 fridge / washing machine usage at 3 times a week)

1. Jan 2012 : My bills drop to $180 as i control my house hold usage.

2. Feb to Mar 2012 : Singapore Power come and replaced my meter and just drop me a noted after getting it replaced without informing me before hand.

3. Apr 2012 : My bills shoot up to $247 (During this period of Apr, my fridge was down and left without a fridge for almost 3 weeks / Washing machine was down for 1 week)

4. May 2012 : I was shocked that my bills was $300+

I called them and question them why my bills was so high during my absence of fridge and washing machine even though my air-con usage was ON only during the nite same habit for the past 5 years.

I requested them to check the new meter and stop them from deducting the bills from my Giro acc. until now they haven't even get back to me on this issue as it is almost 3 weeks liao.....

Felt cheated by them......

actually you on 3 air con everynight 220~240 very suspiciously cheap leh

actually you on 3 air con everynight 220~240 very suspiciously cheap leh

yeah.

if he like that,

then my $400+ for 2 aircons considered cheat money?

my bill also shoot up by more than $50 bucks... it was less than $100 10 yrs ago, then slowly increase to $150 mark, then $200 mark... then $250 mark.... this month record high, shoot above $300! knn, I only on 1 aircon (mon to Fri), use washing machine 2 times a week. fridge small size type (we dont cook much).... Think the meter changed recently has some impact to it. Before changing the meter, my consumption not so high. not too sure whether its the old meter not accurate or the new meter is too accurate that caused the different...

my bill also shoot up by more than $50 bucks... it was less than $100 10 yrs ago, then slowly increase to $150 mark, then $200 mark... then $250 mark.... this month record high, shoot above $300! knn, I only on 1 aircon (mon to Fri), use washing machine 2 times a week. fridge small size type (we dont cook much).... Think the meter changed recently has some impact to it. Before changing the meter, my consumption not so high. not too sure whether its the old meter not accurate or the new meter is too accurate that caused the different...

i did notice that the new meter(my house) spins faster than the old meter(relative's place)

i did notice that the new meter(my house) spins faster than the old meter(relative's place)

Put a magnet there to slow down the spinning. [:p]

↡ Advertisement