SIMILAC milk powder. JB vs SG

Simonsoh

bros who have small children. i need your opinion. My children drinking Similac. recently they jack up their price abt 20%. Coincidently I found this shop import lots things from SEA countries. Their diapers super duper cheap. normal price cheaper than NTUC on sale.

Anyway back to similac, made by Abbott.

Made in Ireland, distributed in Singapore abt $68 selling in NTUC

Made in Ireland, distributed in Malaysia sold in that shop $55.

The factory in Ireland making both is even the same.

I think the malaysia one confirm safe but may be similar or at worse slightly inferior in quality. I mean sell in malaysia so what? Abbott no need to protect their reputation meh? Sell in malaysia anyhow put ingredient meh? cannot be rite? But wife say no. not safe! malaysia not safe! hahaha.. my argument is this... Imagine the Malaysia's king's or prime Minister's grandchildren drink milk powder go where buy? probably their maid buy from Jusco or Carrefor in Malaysia right? cannot be they import direct from Abbott Similac USA tio bo?

How to convince my wife huh? We can afford the $68 per tin lah.. but I feel very kam lan to buy from NTUC when there is a $55 tin waiting for us to buy.....

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

brother,

share with you my experience even though my boy is on enfa.

when he was still on stage 2, we brought him to malaysia for few days and bought malaysia enfa powder after the singaproe supply we brought along used up. my boy doesn't want to drink the malaysian enfa powder!

now he is on stage 3 powder. we stuck to singapore powder all the while. but recently went to gumtree saw one seller selling, didn't think much of it and bought it. when reach home we realize it was a malaysian packaging even though it looks almost like singapore packaging. also we open up the tin and the visual of both are quite different. the malaysian enfa is yellower and its powder is coarser.

nevertheless, let our boy consume it but he couldn't tell the difference. my view is malaysian powder is definitely different from singapore. but as to whether you should let your child consume malaysian powder, i leave it up to your own judgement.

It's those chinese medical hall selling right?

I bought from them to try, and my mom (which I didn't tell her that I switched 'supplier') feedbacked to me that the powder seems not so fine as compared to Made-In-Singapore.

I'm sure there are quite a number of MCF bros grew up from drinking milk powder bought from our neighbouring countries.

Some people might feel that save the $10plus and risk your kids health and some may feel that its worth it as can save quite a sum when added up. It's all up to you to decide, no right or wrong.

I bought from them to try, and my mom (which I didn't tell her that I switched 'supplier') feedbacked to me that the powder seems not so fine as compared to Made-In-Singapore.

I'm sure there are quite a number of MCF bros grew up from drinking milk powder bought from our neighbouring countries.

Some people might feel that save the $10plus and risk your kids health and some may feel that its worth it as can save quite a sum when added up. It's all up to you to decide, no right or wrong.

Actually my point is that I think it will not harm my child's health. Abbott leh... not local China home-grown brand... Malaysia royalty family should be also buy off the shelf at TESCO and JUSCO in malaysia mah... u say my logic tio bo?

for me is a strict no to malaysia milk powder. not even when asking me to buy from giant or else where. All this while, we have stick to NTUC milk powder. You may not see any side effect to this. But who knows if the powder inside what have they add ? In singapore i feel its safer as it goes thru our AVA consumer test which is very strict before putting them on sale. I still trust NTUC though. Not that i dont want to buy some malaysia source. There must be a reason why the price is different also.

My daughter drinks Similac from JB.

No diff and no complaints.

Similac 1 & 2 made in Spore. Confirmed with cousin who works at Abbott.

3 onwards made in Ireland.

I now trying S26 which is made in Singapore by wyeth.

Price quite reasonable too in medicinal hall.

Actually my point is that I think it will not harm my child's health. Abbott leh... not local China home-grown brand... Malaysia royalty family should be also buy off the shelf at TESCO and JUSCO in malaysia mah... u say my logic tio bo?

Malaysia royalty will have a farm of cows waiting to be milked at any one time... freshest they can get lol.

joke aside - m'sia have many outstanding people, both in m'sia and sg and what milk powder did they drink? definitely not from sg.

upping the price 20% for all they want, they will just be killing off the future demand as people will find it too expensive to have kids

Twincharged

Sultan just ask his kah kia to drive over the woodlands Giant to buy. Very easy, no need to import from Ireland or USA [laugh]

seriously, i think there could be a difference. My wife bought some evaporated milk from JB to bake cakes. Same brand and same packaging as in Sg.

But taste is very different. Cake didnt taste as nice.

When my boy 1 yr old is drinking similac that's the stage 1 if I not wrong

Now he's on gain iq cos growth up Liao

That x got the china Duno what incident then got warning for milk powder

I Duno about similac but gain iq in jb n sg is different made

The one sold in jb got the banned substance

And yes the ren Duno what tong

I been buying from them for years as I see made in Singapore or europe country

But recently they changed the stage 3 to Malay words like those sold in jb

For the few dollars diff I bought from ntuc cos ntuc ones in English

Country of made is diff

I'm thinking like you at one stage

But if pampers is ok but milk is direct intake

I dun wanna play man

But if other brands if sold in jb n sg is identical then y not

My colleagues hv been buying from jb for their kids for years but I still dun dare

To each his own ba

i think the difference is the nutrition level... some are higher and some are lower..... this may be due to different requirements by the respective govt......

bros who have small children. i need your opinion. My children drinking Similac. recently they jack up their price abt 20%. Coincidently I found this shop import lots things from SEA countries. Their diapers super duper cheap. normal price cheaper than NTUC on sale.

Anyway back to similac, made by Abbott.

Made in Ireland, distributed in Singapore abt $68 selling in NTUC

Made in Ireland, distributed in Malaysia sold in that shop $55.

The factory in Ireland making both is even the same.

I think the malaysia one confirm safe but may be similar or at worse slightly inferior in quality. I mean sell in malaysia so what? Abbott no need to protect their reputation meh? Sell in malaysia anyhow put ingredient meh? cannot be rite? But wife say no. not safe! malaysia not safe! hahaha.. my argument is this... Imagine the Malaysia's king's or prime Minister's grandchildren drink milk powder go where buy? probably their maid buy from Jusco or Carrefor in Malaysia right? cannot be they import direct from Abbott Similac USA tio bo?

How to convince my wife huh? We can afford the $68 per tin lah.. but I feel very kam lan to buy from NTUC when there is a $55 tin waiting for us to buy.....

wah.... similac very expensive leh....

i do believe these import products are of the same quality... even if they are different, they wun hide from the public...

u bring one tin u bought in SG to JB Jusco and compare the ingredient lo... but they may print the ingredient in malay.... :mellow:

My daughter drinks Similac from JB.

No diff and no complaints.

Similac 1 & 2 made in Spore. Confirmed with cousin who works at Abbott.

3 onwards made in Ireland.

I now trying S26 which is made in Singapore by wyeth.

Price quite reasonable too in medicinal hall.

Yo. JB similac 1 and 2 made in SG. but are the formula same? I have no doubt they are safe. but find no answers to the composition... Ask your cousin leh... Similac 3 made in Ireland sold in SG and MAL got waht difference?

When my boy 1 yr old is drinking similac that's the stage 1 if I not wrong

Now he's on gain iq cos growth up Liao

That x got the china Duno what incident then got warning for milk powder

I Duno about similac but gain iq in jb n sg is different made

The one sold in jb got the banned substance

And yes the ren Duno what tong

I been buying from them for years as I see made in Singapore or europe country

But recently they changed the stage 3 to Malay words like those sold in jb

For the few dollars diff I bought from ntuc cos ntuc ones in English

Country of made is diff

I'm thinking like you at one stage

But if pampers is ok but milk is direct intake

I dun wanna play man

But if other brands if sold in jb n sg is identical then y not

My colleagues hv been buying from jb for their kids for years but I still dun dare

To each his own ba

ya lah.. same shop... buy fom them smooth smooth... suddenly they decide to get from Malaysia become malay words and somemore put "Vanallia flavour"!!! who dare buy? haha...

malaysia milk powder will risk kids health? hahaa

i wonder how my relative in malaysia survive...

different ingredients i agree (for the better or worse, i duno, but i suppose we always think we are more superior den our neighbor, so we will all assume SG ones are better). but i think its a joke to say we are putting our kids at risk by letting them drink m'sia milk powder..

ermm... just curious, y wana compare with malaysia royal family?

you bought your car no plate for RM500,000 as well?

malaysia milk powder will risk kids health? hahaa

i wonder how my relative in malaysia survive...

different ingredients i agree (for the better or worse, i duno, but i suppose we always think we are more superior den our neighbor, so we will all assume SG ones are better). but i think its a joke to say we are putting our kids at risk by letting them drink m'sia milk powder..

This is what I have been trying to drill into my wife's head. How the hell did generations of Malaysians survived and many are also successful??? Mahatier's son and grandson drink milk powder from where?

↡ Advertisement