SIMILAC milk powder. JB vs SG

Simonsoh

have you thought of which primary school he will be going soon

no, why?

so if i want him to go to those top top school here, can only feed singapore milk?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

bros who have small children. i need your opinion. My children drinking Similac. recently they jack up their price abt 20%. Coincidently I found this shop import lots things from SEA countries. Their diapers super duper cheap. normal price cheaper than NTUC on sale.

Anyway back to similac, made by Abbott.

Made in Ireland, distributed in Singapore abt $68 selling in NTUC

Made in Ireland, distributed in Malaysia sold in that shop $55.

The factory in Ireland making both is even the same.

I think the malaysia one confirm safe but may be similar or at worse slightly inferior in quality. I mean sell in malaysia so what? Abbott no need to protect their reputation meh? Sell in malaysia anyhow put ingredient meh? cannot be rite? But wife say no. not safe! malaysia not safe! hahaha.. my argument is this... Imagine the Malaysia's king's or prime Minister's grandchildren drink milk powder go where buy? probably their maid buy from Jusco or Carrefor in Malaysia right? cannot be they import direct from Abbott Similac USA tio bo?

How to convince my wife huh? We can afford the $68 per tin lah.. but I feel very kam lan to buy from NTUC when there is a $55 tin waiting for us to buy.....

my kid drink enfa. enfa also jack up price recently

Enfa stocks in SG are made in Netherlands. packaging comes in 900g and 1.8kg (probably sit aeroplane to so; thus very ex)

Enfa stocks in malaysia are made in Thailand. comes in "refill" carton boxes and 1.7kg tin (probably sit ship or truck to malaysia; so cheaper) :)

and in my opinion there is a difference in the taste and quality

I still buy SG enfa stock cos, although its more ex... cos to me the health and wellbeing of my kid is more impt

Edited by Robin

no, why?

so if i want him to go to those top top school here, can only feed singapore milk?

so sorry

did not meant it that way

but just thought are you the one or mum is the one that is all worked up about primary one

milk doesnt really matter which brand as long as they all the essential ingredients need to grow and develop

by 5 or 6 years milk are more or less supplements

as they will probably have enough to eat on a daily basis

unless the child is a picker eater

are you thinking of sending you child to a neighbourhood school or some else you have in mind

life is very stressful for parents

thanks

no, why?

by the way, your quote about special olympics is not quite appropriate

it may perceive as an insult to those who are disable

my kid drink enfa. enfa also jack up price recently

Enfa stocks in SG are made in Netherlands. packaging comes in 900g and 1.8kg (probably sit aeroplane to so; thus very ex)

Enfa stocks in malaysia are made in Thailand. comes in "refill" carton boxes and 1.7kg tin (probably sit ship or truck to malaysia; so cheaper) :)

and in my opinion there is a difference in the taste and quality

I still buy SG enfa stock cos, although its more ex... cos to me the health and wellbeing of my kid is more impt

me too ...i only buy SG enfa stock ... just in case you guys din know...some SAHM do some home biz by ordering in bulk from Meadow directly ...prices will be slightly cheaper than NTUC ... also for those with POSB everyday card you can get it from Carrefour cos of the cash rebate ... it is actually cheaper than NTUC

for me is a strict no to malaysia milk powder. not even when asking me to buy from giant or else where. All this while, we have stick to NTUC milk powder. You may not see any side effect to this. But who knows if the powder inside what have they add ? In singapore i feel its safer as it goes thru our AVA consumer test which is very strict before putting them on sale. I still trust NTUC though. Not that i dont want to buy some malaysia source. There must be a reason why the price is different also.

me too ... i only get it in singapore ... i am not taking the chance to risk my boy

Nothing is 100% safe. It only takes a moment of greed to undo everthing. This happens to every corner of the world. We have read reports of reputable food manufacturers having problems with their quality control and eventually were forced to recall their products.

Supercharged

Aiyo Sg really alot of kiasi ppl lor.... U all know we import tonnes of food from Malaysia and China everyday if so kiasi pls plant/rear ur own food to eat lar to be sure it's safe and best quality [laugh]

I don't buy food stuff from China, not even canned food......

Yes we import, but its your choice on whether you wan to eat or not.

(edited)

whenever i go malaysia, i also buy similac powder from there, as i lazy to bring 1 big tin over, my son already 4 years old, no side effects or whatever.

when my eldest daughter was very young, initially I bought similac from NTUC, then I happened to visit JB , the similac (JB) I bought had some saving of $13/1.8kg. I bought from JB, no side effects.

Agreed with some brothers here, many generations of Malaysia drink Malaysia milk powder, and many smart Malaysians

Edited by Vyap

Neutral Newbie

bros who have small children. i need your opinion. My children drinking Similac. recently they jack up their price abt 20%. Coincidently I found this shop import lots things from SEA countries. Their diapers super duper cheap. normal price cheaper than NTUC on sale.

Anyway back to similac, made by Abbott.

Made in Ireland, distributed in Singapore abt $68 selling in NTUC

Made in Ireland, distributed in Malaysia sold in that shop $55.

The factory in Ireland making both is even the same.

I think the malaysia one confirm safe but may be similar or at worse slightly inferior in quality. I mean sell in malaysia so what? Abbott no need to protect their reputation meh? Sell in malaysia anyhow put ingredient meh? cannot be rite? But wife say no. not safe! malaysia not safe! hahaha.. my argument is this... Imagine the Malaysia's king's or prime Minister's grandchildren drink milk powder go where buy? probably their maid buy from Jusco or Carrefor in Malaysia right? cannot be they import direct from Abbott Similac USA tio bo?

How to convince my wife huh? We can afford the $68 per tin lah.. but I feel very kam lan to buy from NTUC when there is a $55 tin waiting for us to buy.....

Are you sure the Malaysia one is made in Ireland?

Neutral Newbie

when my eldest daughter was very young, initially I bought similac from NTUC, then I happened to visit JB , the similac (JB) I bought had some saving of $13/1.8kg. I bought from JB, no side effects.

Agreed with some brothers here, many generations of Malaysia drink Malaysia milk powder, and many smart Malaysians

Neutral Newbie

Similac in Malaysia many are made in Malaysia...

The argument of "eh millions of malaysian live on these powders and bo dai ji" is a weak argument...

It's as though as saying last time my ah kong drink "ang ji gu ni" also bodaiji and die at 90 years old....

or the argument like Bill Gates bo tak check also become billionaire why study so hard...

or " last time police wear shorts"

Justification like these makes some sense but it's often weak...

My friend china kid also drink chinese milk now grow up and study in MIT top 5% tier...

It's a matter of Risk....

even if it's 1% risk and 5% risk a difference of 4% ... as a parent which do you take ?

Is it for convenience? Price? or a child's life?

Think about it.

Neutral Newbie

me too ...i only buy SG enfa stock ... just in case you guys din know...some SAHM do some home biz by ordering in bulk from Meadow directly ...prices will be slightly cheaper than NTUC ... also for those with POSB everyday card you can get it from Carrefour cos of the cash rebate ... it is actually cheaper than NTUC

me too ... i only get it in singapore ... i am not taking the chance to risk my boy

I respect your last statement...

It's your kid.... own flesh and blood.. we give the best ! (as we can afford) but don't be like some Ngeow Ji Ngeow lan....

Neutral Newbie

Same goes for ORGANIC food...

Some say aiyah my great grand ah kong never eat organic also strong strong...

or ... last time i also never eat organic...

now all it takes is continuous exposure of 0.5ppm of certain heavy metals to "children" and you have 50% chance of Liver cancer, brain tumor, etc...

take the risk? or save that few dollars?

I don't buy food stuff from China, not even canned food......

Yes we import, but its your choice on whether you wan to eat or not.

Oooh just FYI not made in china doesn't mean it's raw material is not from china....why I know? I am in a line which let me to be behind the scene in many food plants and restaurants. In this world corrupted by greed and driven by profit u think the management won't use the cheapest raw material for ur food?

Just a advise from me bro don't think and look too hard lar ignorance is a bliss really if not how u going to eat outside food?

Neutral Newbie

Oooh just FYI not made in china doesn't mean it's raw material is not from china....why I know? I am in a line which let me to be behind the scene in many food plants and restaurants. In this world corrupted by greed and driven by profit u think the management won't use the cheapest raw material for ur food?

Just a advise from me bro don't think and look too hard lar ignorance is a bliss really if not how u going to eat outside food?

Can argue like that ... but it's a matter of high risk and low risk...

China food higher risk

Non-china food lower risk...

Simple...

Raw materials aside.. regulatory bodies, processing facilities, and the people's culture as a whole...

eerrmm.... my little one drinks S26, which is made in S'pore factory. The ones selling at Tesco oso 'made in S'pore' label. Both exactly the same... except one is cheaper by 30%. :ph34r:

So thats why I am beginning to love boleh land :wub: especially ever since the huge amount of savings I had when I bought all my lightings, fans and other renovation fixtures from JB last year.

↡ Advertisement