Amazing Hotel in China ...

Picnic06-Biante15

Couldn't believe that China is coming out with such an amazing hotel built inside a deep gorge. With full sport facilities. The hotel tuck somewhere in Songjiang province. The five-star luxury hotel with some levels of the hotel situated under water.... [thumbsup]

Yahoo report: Gorgeous: Underground resort in China

Sky-high hotels and resorts are invariably impressive

post-21853-1339551270_thumb.jpg

post-21853-1339551375_thumb.jpg

post-21853-1339551419_thumb.jpg

post-21853-1339551440_thumb.jpg

post-21853-1339551464_thumb.jpg

post-21853-1339551484_thumb.jpg

post-21853-1339551509_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Thats one hell of a waterproofing nightmare.

Also hope that region got no 'once in 50years' heavy rain.

The gorge could flood if the water pumps are not able to pump out the rain water fast enough. And if the water proofing fail, then the underground waters are going to seep into the gorge area.

I love such grand dreams.

China Xing(boleh).

The gorge could flood if the water pumps are not able to pump out the rain water fast enough. And if the water proofing fail, then the underground waters are going to seep into the gorge area.

China Xing(boleh).

You are right, waterproofing is really gonna :wacko: but such degree of engineering is really quite remarkable [thumbsup] so anyone have any estimated completion date?

You are right, waterproofing is really gonna :wacko: but such degree of engineering is really quite remarkable [thumbsup] so anyone have any estimated completion date?

I'm no engineer but is it really possible? normal hotel still can run in an earthquake but if water comes in.... Hello AquaMan [laugh]

China Xing(boleh).

In aeroplane, they teach you how to use the 'life-jacket' found under the seats.... -_-

Staying in this hotel, they teach you how to use scuba diving equipment and all scuba diving equipment are found under their beds.... [sly]

Looks like they could use some of their mega dam construction experience from the three gorges.

Bell Boy : going down which level?

Guess : 18th level down ....

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

modern technology has pushed the limit to the sky

even our own little island can dig dunno many meters deep into the ground for ammunition storage and underground reservoir

Turbocharged

even our own little island can dig dunno many meters deep into the ground for ammunition storage and underground reservoir

Strange things happen when Engineering > Common Senses.

It will be featured in Discovery Channel as "Engineering Marvel" OR "Seconds From Disaster"....or maybe both....first show is Engineering Marvel....then the once in a blue moon rain...Seconds From Disaster....hahahahaha....

But it would be a interesting hotel....

Yes, i remember watching a news a few months back...

It will be featured in Discovery Channel as "Engineering Marvel" OR "Seconds From Disaster"....or maybe both....first show is Engineering Marvel....then the once in a blue moon rain...Seconds From Disaster....hahahahaha....

But it would be a interesting hotel....

[laugh]

All I can say is:

Made In China

Take your cue from there. Talk is cheap.

cos made in china good made up more than 50% of world's consumer goods and goods you see everyday is made in china which u bought cheap cheap, so relatively u think china goods many are lousy when in fact most goods u use are made in china.

China has been creating many great architectures and in fact i believe they are better than sg when building infrastructure like expressway, tunnel, dam, skyscraper and even transportation. Dun belittle China hor and

P.S I am not Ah Tiong :D