Daihatsu Owners

Raytham

Turbocharged

Used to own a 1988 Charade 1.0CX and a 1995 Hijet 660cc (S100RV).

Powerful for engine this size.

↡ Advertisement

I a, aware of this underpowered BUT it has a higher safety factor than other 7 seaters under the Cat A class. Any others comment ?

Neutral Newbie

Different cc so can't compare. I used to own a EP80 too, too bad the EP82 wasn't available in SG.

Highest spec EP82 from Japan I ever read was a 1.5L lower block from a 5A-FE pushing 300HP, capable of 300km/h! [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

Different cc so can't compare. I used to own a EP80 too, too bad the EP82 wasn't available in SG.

Highest spec EP82 from Japan I ever read was a 1.5L lower block from a 5A-FE pushing 300HP, capable of 300km/h! [dizzy]

Wow! so much power for a small ride. You have had a couple of good rides man.

Neutral Newbie

Daihatsu Materia 1.5 auto 2007 to 2012, very reliable, only changed 2 engine mount over 5 years.

I just changed mine recently too. So what are you driving now bro?

Supersonic

I remember Charade was a very popular car back then, everyone seemed to own one! And saw so many running on the road :D

(edited)

Why not its a Daihatsu also ma. I saw Extol in my carpark also. Scrap? Heartpain ar?

Heartpain, it had served me well and alot of fond memories in it, it never break down once, only normal maintenance, change bat and change A/C once...

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

Used to own a 1988 Charade 1.0CX and a 1995 Hijet 660cc (S100RV).

Powerful for engine this size.

Used to see quite a lot of YRVs but they also seem to have disappeared [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

Used to see quite a lot of YRVs but they also seem to have disappeared [bigcry]

Yah YRV turbos i think all gonna reached end of COE already. Sad to see it off the road. I just saw a pearl white YRV turbo last week, very chio.

Supersonic

Co. Veh, I was passed the car when it is in it's 5-6 year -_-

Usually company vehicles will drive until 10 years. :D That's why nowadays company would rather rent the car or ask the person to buy the car under its own name, but company pay for them. So that they can change car around 5 years.

Just now saw a 22 years old charade running on the road! This car really tough, even now still might find one or two on the road!

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just bought my first car, it's a Daihatsu. I am totally clueless about bringing the car for servicing etc. The manual says to use the AMMIX liquids (also listed on the Daihatsu Japanese website). Do local workshops have them?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just bought my first car, it's a Daihatsu. I am totally clueless about bringing the car for servicing etc. The manual says to use the AMMIX liquids (also listed on the Daihatsu Japanese website). Do local workshops have them?

hi,

AMMIX is e in-house lubricant brand for daihatsu japan.

dun tink local workshop have them.

but as long as e fluid u are using is e same type/grade (e.g. api grade, viscosity), it is ok to use regardless of brand.

↡ Advertisement