Shenzhou-9

Vroomtattat

(edited)

Gotta give them Chinese a salute for this upcoming launch. Hope they have 'live' broadcast of the launch and docking of the space station. Brilliant!! [:)]

One taikongnaut is a woman fighter pilot in her 30s. They narrowed down to 2 from about 15(?) but these 2 I heard are super fit. :o.

Check it out

Edited by Vroomtattat
↡ Advertisement

Gotta give them Chinese a salute for this upcoming launch. Hope they have 'live' broadcast of the launch and docking of the space station. Brilliant!! [:)]

One taikongnaut is a woman fighter pilot in her 30s. They narrowed down to 2 from about 15(?) but these 2 I heard are super fit. :o.

Check it out

Why never choose my mata girl [bigcry][:p]

Turbocharged

The 2 candidates- Captain Wang Yaping (left) and Major Liu Yang (right) ^_^

Salute! Takes a very brave person to go into space in a Made in China product. [sweatdrop]

The 2 candidates- Captain Wang Yaping (left) and Major Liu Yang (right) ^_^

not very senior in ranking leh hor...........i thought usually at least a half colonel............. [laugh] [laugh]

Why never choose my mata girl [bigcry][:p]

oh i know liao.................they want peng..........don't want mata lah.............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Hypersonic

Salute! Takes a very brave person to go into space in a Made in China product. [sweatdrop]

Still way better than Made in N Korea -_-

Turbocharged

Still way better than Made in N Korea -_-

They should put fat boy Kim on that one. The First Head of State to go to space. I am sure that is worth some propaganda cookies. ^_^

Well, at least some one admit this is a Made-in-China space program.

Many still have the wrong perception that it is just another direct copy from Russian systems.

Turbocharged

I reckon the govt sponsored projects of such a scale will not have the same quality issues with those produced for mass market consumption.. [rolleyes]

(edited)

I reckon the govt sponsored projects of such a scale will not have the same quality issues with those produced for mass market consumption.. [rolleyes]

Actually China is only taking a baby-step very carefully since space travel is not your everyday project and has HUGE inherent danger.

NASA already lost 2 of 5 its now-retired Space Shuttles with 14 life taken in the 30-year program.

This goes to show the incredible risk involved.

STS-51-L Challenger crew (1986)

Challenger51Lcrew.jpg

STS-107 Colombia crew (2003)

sts107_crew_faces.jpg

Edited by Wishcumstrue

Today @ 2 pm:

Completed automated docking between Shenzhou-9 spacecraft with Tiangong-1 module.

The later is a test module for future larger space station Tiangong-2 which is to be completed by 2020.

Source: http://scitech.people.com.cn

Photo from China's mission control @ 2:08 pm today showing live graphic display of both space craft docking in progress.

F201206181415262382576772.jpg

Photo from external remote camera on Tiangong-1 showing Shenzhou-9 docked.

F201206181415262567623426.jpg

↡ Advertisement