Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Calvinus
  • Calvinus
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any bro done this before?

I think it should be legal given that this will not affect the operation of the headlights or circuitry, distract other road users...any bro know otherwise?

Finally where can I get this done and how many days will this take?

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I think it should be legal given that this will not affect the operation of the headlights or circuitry, distract other road users...any bro know otherwise?

don't think..

failed, you won't pass the inspection.

looks gd but it has to be done properly.. water vapour may appear if sealing is not done well.
bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i second that. unless u have too much pocket money to spare. dont get into trouble by doing this. too much money to spare pls donate to charity to do good deed or can spent on other more better things.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Kungfu
  • Premium member
    Kungfu
    4th Gear
    Author Image

if fail.........can undo meh.........gotta change the entire headlight..........which the price can spray many many times

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Skyiet27
  • Skyiet27
    Banned

I used to did it on my 1st ride 10 yrs ago

3--4 hrs job

Passed inspection for 3 x

Can't spray at reflector area

I passed inspection but I nv say it's approved ar

Think it's grey area

Read up the Subaru thread but people ask before

Water goes in anot depends on worksmanship

No guarantee ba

Mine was ok for years

I paid 150 for a pair + add in orange signal lookalike inside

Copy from magazine , jdm look

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

Ghostrider
  • Premium member
    Ghostrider
    Supercharged
    Author Image

don't think..

failed, you won't pass the inspection.

looks gd but it has to be done properly.. water vapour may appear if sealing is not done well.

Not true...mine has the headlights spray internally...I fail my inspection...but not because of the headlights...I fail becos of the JDM privacy glass at the back.

I got no signature ??

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Calvinus
  • Calvinus
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I think that no matter what LTA cannot anyhow fail something... if you look at their published guidelines, for every damn thing that they want to object, they have to give reasons... common reasons given include: distraction to other drivers = road hazard - this applies to LED lights, very white lights, Daytime running lights, etc; may result in malfunction of car = road hazard - this applies to change to HID lamps, replacement of engine parts, exhaust parts...; Environmental issues - decat, exhaust modifications...

I think spraying internal should not be an issue at all... If any bro know will fail, please share the reasons given...

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

zhenghu dun need to explain to you. FAIL because never say pass..... not the other way round hor " never say illegal means ok"
New to iHerb? Use coupon code MCG340 for up to $10.00 off your first order.
http://www.iherb.com?rcode=mcg340

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Scoots
  • Scoots
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I passed every inspection. LTA guidlines are:

1. CANNOT smoke/tint
2. CANNOT mask
3. Did not say cannot black base

But like another bro mentioned, cannot spay the reflectors portion

Edited by Scoots, 19 June 2012 - 08:51 PM.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Ev0x
  • Premium member
    Ev0x
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I passed every inspection. LTA guidlines are:

1. CANNOT smoke/tint
2. CANNOT mask
3. Did not say cannot black base

But like another bro mentioned, cannot spay the reflectors portion

so bro Scoots, meaning u passed your inspections with your internals of your headlight sprayed black?

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Ericongy
  • Premium member
    Ericongy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Siao eh? Y u wana do that?
If black is better (or nicer for that matter), den the car manufacturer r the stupidest in the world for not making it black in the first place after spending millions of dollars on R&D...

Wake up lar....
I am Banned but I am not banned

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Siao eh? Y u wana do that?
If black is better (or nicer for that matter), den the car manufacturer r the stupidest in the world for not making it black in the first place after spending millions of dollars on R&D...

Wake up lar....

hur.gif your wife never let you piak piak ah ?

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Warthog
  • Premium member
    Warthog
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

The reflective background is to intensify the light. By spraying it black, the brightness of your headlamp will diminish. This will affect safety and you might want to check whether LTA has a illumination criteria.
Slow Keep Left. Fast Centre. Don't Know, Don't Drive.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Jeroming
  • Jeroming
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The reflective background is to intensify the light. By spraying it black, the brightness of your headlamp will diminish. This will affect safety and you might want to check whether LTA has a illumination criteria.

ya sia. why spray black? aesthetics? curious to know. huh.gif

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Jeroming
  • Jeroming
    1st Gear
    Author Image

ya sia. why spray black? aesthetics? curious to know. huh.gif

ah. understooded... just did google search.
agree it does look dope. can show the outline of your LED much clearer.

amazing stuff people come up with for their rides... sly.gif

too bad not everything is legal...

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

reflective part cannot spray, spray the other parts (unless is projector type) and yes, much nicer with black inner , I'm also interested to do as it's much cheaper than changing to original/aftermarket ones.

Example below --->

clear.jpg

black.jpg

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Calvinus
  • Calvinus
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I suppose there is no longer a need to respond to the guy who asked why we want to do it... With regard to the claim that this will result in lower illumination, I have doubts that this is true since we are not spraying the reflective parts... Think that car manufacturers tend to "play it safe" and go for mainstream designs to cater to the masses... Those who want individuality can do their own thing and mod their rides...

All aside, I have been recommended VIM auto... Any one tried and any good?

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

Calvinus
  • Calvinus
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I suppose there is no longer a need to respond to the guy who asked why we want to do it... With regard to the claim that this will result in lower illumination, I have doubts that this is true since we are not spraying the reflective parts... Think that car manufacturers tend to "play it safe" and go for mainstream designs to cater to the masses... Those who want individuality can do their own thing and mod their rides...

All aside, I have been recommended VIM auto... Any one tried and any good?

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Skyiet27
  • Skyiet27
    Banned

I personally did it at Jln kayu

Paid 150 for a pair

Used for 5-6 yrs

No issue at all

Was crushed in a chain collision

Hahaha

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Monoswift
  • Monoswift
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i think the outer frame ok to be spray black but not the internal reflective curve where the bulb will shine and reflect...

basically it is for looks purpose nia..do look nicer that all..

i tot of doing also..only scare water sip in after awhile if the reseal was not a good job..

Back to Cosmetics  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Spray, internals, headlight and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users