News: $300,000 in gold and currency burglary.

SimonTan

Saw the TV news....wow....the FT thief steal a lot of RMB$ currency and China Gold bar from a rich bangalow owner. The gold bars, got the 'China Gold' wording in Chinese! And those stacks and stack of RMB monies.

See already, I finally believe that the truely rich does keep lots of spare cash in their homes!

I very envious.

↡ Advertisement

SINGAPORE - Four Colombian men were arrested by the police between June 13 and 14 in connection with a spate of break-ins in Ang Mo Kio and Yio Chu Kang.

The arrest of the men aged between 33 and 43 started with officers re-acting to information of suspicious men along Upper Serangoon Road.

Officers spotted three men who were behaving suspiciously and approached them. Though one of the men ran away the other two were detained.

Further checks revealed cash of various currencies, assortments of jewellery and gold bars amounting to a total value of about $300,000. In addition, housebreaking implements such as screwdrivers, mallets and clamps were also found in one of the bags.

After the arrest of the two men, the police were able to determine the whereabouts of the suspect who fled and another man.

The other two were arrested in Geylang on June 14. Further investigations revealed that the men were involved in three other break-ins at the private residential units at Ang Mo Kio and Yio Chu Kang area.

If found guilty, the four men can face a jail term of up to 14 years.

Where the fark did the towgay get all this money n gold from? If legal shouldnt it be stored in a bank....n these monies n gold should be declared upon arrival in singapore. There seeem to be something wrong with the loot!

Where the fark did the towgay get all this money n gold from? If legal shouldnt it be stored in a bank....n these monies n gold should be declared upon arrival in singapore. There seeem to be something wrong with the loot!

huh? what makes you think he brought it in from overseas?

Simon 1st post says the gold have 'China Gold' stamped on it n he said stacks n stacks of rmb.....if legal all these will be in a banks vault.

Who the hell will keep a fortune in their own home. Put inside bank will earn interest unless he wants to launder the money.

(edited)

Y the colombian still loitering around when they got handsome loot already.

I juz wondering how they bring the $$ in.

Yes Aaron...i had the same question in my mind to. All countries have laws on permitting their own currencies from being brought out of the country n foreign cash that can be brought in. This fella have stacks n stacks of of foreign currencies and gold bars of foreign origin. And yes u are still handsome as ever! [;)]

Edited by Eviilusion

Saw the TV news....wow....the FT thief steal a lot of RMB$ currency and China Gold bar from a rich bangalow owner. The gold bars, got the 'China Gold' wording in Chinese! And those stacks and stack of RMB monies.

See already, I finally believe that the truely rich does keep lots of spare cash in their homes!

I very envious.

[laugh] [laugh] People got robbed and you are envious, where u stay? I go rob you. [:p]

Hypersonic

Did you guys see the loot on TV? I thought it was in Malaysia.

The amount of RMB and the gold...wow!