O2 sensors.

ER-3682

reason i asked is because recently, after returning from a trip in malaysia with full tank of petrol from petronas. my CEL also lid up after travelling about 200km. The mechanic whom i spoke to asked if i have just returned from malaysia and he mentioned it's a common problem if the car has been using malaysia petrol too frequently.

He went on to reset the error code and ask me to monitor the car again. I went on to pump singapore petrol for a few tanks and the problem didn't surface again.

there maybe some truth that the quality of malaysia petrol will indeed affect the o2 sensor.

i will change the mechanic before I change the sensor :D
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

The 02 sensor is wear & tear but it should last at least 5 years or more.  You may ask your mechanic to diagnose it with a reader device.  Sometime the gasket leak may also caused the 02 sensor failure.  My previous car 02 sensor wear-off after 7 years and replaced for $350.  

Thanks for the Reply,you are nearly 4 Years late,my Camry already scrapped more than 4 Years ago... [:)]

(edited)

Thanks for the Reply,you are nearly 4 Years late,my Camry already scrapped more than 4 Years ago... [:)]

Haha I didn't notice the date of your posting, pai sai :(

Have a nice sunny day!

Edited by AltisOwner

hi...may I know which workshop did you bring your oxygen sensor to replace?

by the way,what are the sign and symptom you encountered with your vios that caused you to replace.

thanks.

Changed 2 oxygen sensors for my Vios today. Each is $120 and labour charge is $70.

hi...may I know which workshop did you bring your oxygen sensor to replace?

by the way,what are the sign and symptom you encountered with your vios that caused you to replace.

thanks.

I went to my regular workshop at AMK. But he does change different price for those that just drive in. Suggest you go to your own.

Only the yellow Check Engine Light symbol light up on the dashboard, no other symptom. Still drive normally. But he did tell me the fuel consumption will be slightly higher.

thanks for the info....

I went to my regular workshop at AMK. But he does change different price for those that just drive in. Suggest you go to your own.

Only the yellow Check Engine Light symbol light up on the dashboard, no other symptom. Still drive normally. But he did tell me the fuel consumption will be slightly higher.

thanks for the info....

If u need to get a new o2, can just pop by any of the parts stockist, especially around serangoon road to check the price, then get your mechanic to install. May be cheaper this way...

If your FC is normal & the engine runs fine,just forget it...don't waste $$ to change,this happened in my old Camry,drove the Car with Engine check Light from 8th Year to Scrap,nothing happened.

If u need to get a new o2, can just pop by any of the parts stockist, especially around serangoon road to check the price, then get your mechanic to install. May be cheaper this way...

Noted....since i am mechanical trained,i intend to replace it myself.

If your FC is normal & the engine runs fine,just forget it...don't waste $$ to change,this happened in my old Camry,drove the Car with Engine check Light from 8th Year to Scrap,nothing happened.

I damn anal, can't stand any warning lights on the dashboard. CEL somemore.

You can tahan 2 years somemore...power la bro!

Noted....since i am mechanical trained,i intend to replace it myself.

Definitely need to hoist the car up bro.

That's how I see the workshop does it.

Be careful.

Your Vios too? 

Be careful.

Your Vios too?

Yeah...mine ncp93.i'll use the hydraulic jack/stand if need to.thanks for the heads up.

Yeah...mine ncp93.i'll use the hydraulic jack/stand if need to.thanks for the heads up.

I see, same same.

Safety first.

Be careful.

Your Vios too? 

Cannot stand the light,ask someone take out the bulb,case close.

I see, same same.

Safety first.

I have a quick look yesterday.the first sensor is accessible from the engine bay.2nd may haf to hoist the car.

I have a quick look yesterday.the first sensor is accessible from the engine bay.2nd may haf to hoist the car.

Yes there's two.

One is upper one is lower.

↡ Advertisement